Level Up ! 2022

So I want to apologize for misinformation. Turns out Quick Mafs is PS4 only because they didn't sell a PS5 version, that or it won't come out yet. :(

But I have replaced that phantom game with another easy game for my commons list so here is the revamp with struck lines for the games I completed already.

1. Quick Mafs
  2. Mekabolt+ (PS5 version)
  3. Dating Life: Miley x Emily (PS4)
  4. Dating Life: Miley x Emily (PS5)
  5. Cat Quest II

Be warned, the PS5 Mekabolt has a + after it and requires you to do 10 challenges. But these are just picking up and placing inert robots. The ninth challenge can be tricky as you need to place a needlebot so it flies up and destroys a wall of sand blocks blocking your way.

I might platinum some easy cheap games this month before I finish Cat Quest II, though, that might invalidate the list.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, winter_bird_22 said:

I might platinum some easy cheap games this month before I finish Cat Quest II, though, that might invalidate the list.

In the rules it states you can switch your games at any time, so nothing will be invalidated.

On 1/2/2022 at 5:03 PM, RPGelement said:

You are free to swap out your games as many times for any reason. Remember, this event is meant to be fun and stress free. I encourage you to swap to your heart’s desire, just remember to inform before completion.

Also, you are able to complete multiple games for a specified level for multiple points (see post below).

On 1/13/2022 at 5:01 PM, RPGelement said:

You are absolutely able to complete more games per level for more points. If you wanted to complete 10 common games for 10 points then you are able to do so, just remember that they only count if you let me know that they have been completed, but you are able to complete as many as you want for additional points. Just higher rarity games offer more points.

Quest will not be removed every month. Just additional quest will be added, much more difficulty quest that ride on the coat tail of the previous. Example being, the 50 silver quest. Next month I'll do a similar quest of acquire 100 silver trophies. But the only change would be they'd all have to be earned in the month of Feb - Dec. None in Jan would count. However, other quest will also be added as well. Just like you can guarantee new quest at the beginning of every month, however, I'll also more than likely be adding quest throughout the months as well, so it is wise to check there every often. Although, I'll more than likely be telling you if more quest are added.  

On that note, has anyone contacted @RPGelement on PSN to see if he is coming back to the event?  I see he is active again on PSN.

3 hours ago, winter_bird_22 said:
  • Quick Mafs
  • Mekabolt+ (PS5 version)
  • Dating Life: Miley x Emily (PS4)
  • Dating Life: Miley x Emily (PS5)
  • Cat Quest II

Finally got that out of the way. I am a terrible human being looking at the trophy screenshots. Please don't get me wrong, I do not hate games about two boys or girls hooking up. (I platinumed Blind Men, which has about a super-villian and super spy, both men, falling for each other.) Just... don't let any kids underage see you play this game, even on skipping text. Erase your trophy pop up screenshots if you have kids so they don't accidentally get into your screenshots. :(

@MooseSketts, thanks for the reply. I don't plan on changing the last game, I will platinum Cat Quest II, but wasn't sure what the ruling was if you plat games not on your list. With that said, I don't intend to pass on the challenge to get multiple points. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spinacheq said:

Hehe I think all the games you clearing is making you tired my friend, you forgot the UN in front of the Common Rarity level :) 

Lol, true, and that wasn't when I actually made the mistake... I made it a few posts before and just copy past doing the same mistake lol

I will also take the chance to do a new update, since I completed the 5 Uncommon games, as wellas the 4 January Quest challenges..

Common Rarity Level (6/5):

1. Ghost of Tsushima PS4 :platinum:
  2. Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart :platinum:
  3. Nightmares From the Deep: The Siren's Call :platinum:
  4. Nightmares From the Deep: Davy Jones :platinum:
  5. Murdered: Soul Suspect PS4 :platinum:
  6. Light Fairytale: Episode 2 :platinum:

Uncommon Rarity Level (5/5):

1. Tales of Arise PS5 :platinum:
  2. Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars :platinum:
  3. The Order 1886 :platinum:
  4. One Punch Man: The Hero Nobody Knows :platinum:
  5. Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- The Prophecy of the Throne :platinum:
  6. Final Fantasy 7 Remake PS5
  7. Sly 3
  8. Fairy Tail
  9. Valkyria Chronicles 4
  10. Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

Rare Rarity Level (0/5):

1. Lollipop Chainsaw

The Quest (4/??):

January (4/4):

1. Acquire 50 trophies of any Rarity in no particular order. ✅

2. Acquire 50 Bronze trophies. ✅

3. Acquire 50 Silver trophies. ✅

4. Acquire 50 Gold trophies. ✅

• Like 2

My plan for one of the Ultra Rare platinums was FFXIV Online, the PS4 list, but the trophy for 1000 leves is a bit daunting. I want to ensure I have done 1000 leves before I log onto the PS4 version of FFXIV because Byregot, after the loads of the PS5 version, I am not planning on spending too much time in the PS4 version after enduring their one minute load times, so I just want to get in, trigger the trophies for everything to get the auto-platinum, then log out and go back to the PS5 version. :(

Unless the PS5 trophy is an Ultra Rare platinum as well, and considering what you have to do for some trophies, it might be. ;)

1. Quick Mafs
  2. Mekabolt+
  3. Dating Life: Miley x Emily (PS4)
  4. Dating Life: Miley x Emily (PS5)
  5. Cat Quest II

So I've completed my Common Platinum level, just platted Cat Quest II tonight. It was not too much more difficult than the original, but I liked the addition of the trial dungeons as arena combat, especially the 300 Level Dungeon, the Infinity Tomb...

Spoiler

It's a gauntlet of 20 rapidly rising in difficulty waves of enemies, including refights with old bosses. It really put me on the edge of my seat. Even with all the best armor at at Level 115 - yes, you can actually gain levels over 99 in this game! - I still took a lot of damage. The last few waves are against TWO of those Level 200 uber rats from Cat Quest 1 and then you refight the final boss with Lioner and Wulfrum, and the last wave is a giant upgraded statue boss that has all the spells! Yikes! O_O

Of course a few waves are Level 1 soldiers with crappy armor that drop a ton of gold. xD

I need to go back to some Binding of Isaac and FFXIV before I get started on my next level of trophies as one of the Uncommon Plats is DQXIS and that will be a long project. Here's the list of Uncommons I plan on getting:

1. Kitiara Fables (PS4)
  2. Kitiara Fables (PS5)
  3. LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)
  4. LEGO DC Super Villains (PS4 on my PS5)
  5. Dragon Quest XI S
On 1/8/2022 at 2:56 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Next up, Nightmares From the Deep trilogy.

I platted those on other accounts but I don't think I want to bear a repeat performance, mainly because of the fact you had to do the Mahjong minipuzzles. The third game only has you do three Mahjong games, and the first game's first hidden object puzzle is easy to get in from start, but The Siren's Call... hoo boy, the first HOP isn't until an hour into the game and since Mundi games autosave after you start puzzles, you need to make a cloud save to avoid having to redo the first hour of point and click. :(

I did like the storylines, pirates are always interesting. :)

Edited by winter_bird_22

6 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

So it's been over a month since the person running this has posted.

Should we like talk about this?

I tried bringing this up and no one responded. 

I would message @RPGelement on PSN since he seems active there, however my message settings are set to Friends Only and will remain as such. 

• Like 1

So, got a foot in the door for my Uncommons. I booted up Kitara Fables(I apologize for spelling the name wrong all this time) and... it's good. It's really really good. The intro voice acting is nice and the tutorials are easy to get through, and then you get to stay at a farm and I see a box to sell stuff in! Harvest Moon ripoff? xD

Problem is, these games are on my PS5 and I need it to play FFXIV, but maybe see two hours a morning for each game. Also have LEGO DC Super Villians on my PS5 too. If I find another uncommon I like for the PS4, might purchase it from the PS4 store and switch it up. Not like I don't want to play LEGO DC Super Villains, it's just...

EDIT: I sent a PM to @RPGelement to see if he was dealing with RL issues that prevented him from posting. If he's not dead to the forum, he should reply soon. ;)

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 1

On 19/02/2022 at 2:14 AM, winter_bird_22 said:
  1.  platted those on other accounts but I don't think I want to bear a repeat performance, mainly because of the fact you had to do the Mahjong minipuzzles. The third game only has you do three Mahjong games, and the first game's first hidden object puzzle is easy to get in from start, but The Siren's Call... hoo boy, the first HOP isn't until an hour into the game and since Mundi games autosave after you start puzzles, you need to make a cloud save to avoid having to redo the first hour of point and click. :(

I did like the storylines, pirates are always interesting. :)

I didn't find the game that bad and I did prefer the Mahjong over the point and click, but then, I do enjoy Mahjong from time to time..

@winter_bird_22 OK, I was going to assume that the event was canceled, but will wait a bit longer until considering that (not that it makes much difference for my current gaming objective..)

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Hi all quick update for me.

I have finished my common level games, well finished as in unlocked uncommon level, I will never be finished with my backlog lol.   I haven't finished any more the quests, making some progress on them, it is funny that the games I choose for my initial common level ones had more gold and silver than bronze trophies.  Oh well, they all have to get played some time am I right? I will probably move onto my uncommon games though not sure which one to go for yet, I don't want to move around list of games to work on this year, if we aren't going to hear back from @RPGelement, as I have games like Persona 5 that I moved back farther to get the commons done, but I don't want to keep pushing it off.  

Common Level Console Pts
Syberia 3 PS4 1
A Winter's Daydream Vita 1
Batman: The Telltale Series PS4 1
Metropolis: Lux Obscura Vita 1
Five Dates PS4 1

Quests

Acquire 50 Trophies Any type 51/50 1
Acquire 50 Bronze Trophies 38/50  
Acquire 50 Silver Trophies 38/50  
Acquire 50 Gold Trophies 35/50  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Summers_day122 said:

I've been keeping track of everyone's points, and am happy to handle the thread and set new quests.

Thanks for keeping track of everyone. As for me, I think I did a few quests:

Acquire 50 trophies of any rarity in no particular order

I think I've more than gotten ample amounts of trophies of any rarity from my recent platinums, so that's not an issue.

Acquire 50 gold trophies

This was an easy quest to complete due to all the EZPZs I platted.

• Quick Mafs (11)
  • Mekabolt+ (10)
  • Dating Life: Miley x Emily (22 due to doing both PS4 and PS5 versions)
  • Cat Quest II (8)

That puts me at 51 golds, one over. xD

Acquire 50 silver trophies

Lessee...

• Quick Mafs (1)
  • Mekabolt+ (4)
  • Dating Life: Miley x Emily (2 from stacks)
  • Cat Quest II (5)
  • Endlass Fables: Dark Moor (9)
  • Lanterium (2)
  • Hitman GO (3)
  • Dr. Oil (5)
  • The Chick C (5)

That's 41, I'm 9 short. Most of those easy games only have 11 gold s and nothing else, so...

Acquire 50 bronze trophies

• Quick Mafs (2)
  • Mekabolt+ (2)
  • Cat Quest II (6)
  • Kitara Fables (2 for stacks, only got the first trophy right now)
  • Endlass Fables: Dark Moor (17)
  • Hitman GO (4)
  • Dr. Oil (6)
  • The Chick C (6)

That's 45, I'm 5 short. Surprised that I got that many from these games. But my 295th platinum should complete the rest of the quest easily as it'll either be The Binding of Isaac which has a lot of bronze and silvers. ;)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Summers_day122 said:
On 2/22/2022 at 10:05 AM, winter_bird_22 said:

Sure, but the moderator hasn't replied in some time. If he doesn't respond, maybe someone else can take up the position of handling this thread?

I've been keeping track of everyone's points, and am happy to handle the thread and set new quests. But obviously ideally we'd hear from @RPGelement 

That is nice of you, and I would love to see this continue on, my only issue is you wouldn't be able to update the first post, so we would have to hunt for your posts each month with updates for new quests and such.  It might be easier if we all decide this event is dead (i.e. @RPGelement is coming back)  that we restart the thread and you make an initial post.  so you can edit it when you need too.  Just a thought.  

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 0:40 AM, Spinacheq said:

That is nice of you, and I would love to see this continue on, my only issue is you wouldn't be able to update the first post, so we would have to hunt for your posts each month with updates for new quests and such.  It might be easier if we all decide this event is dead (i.e. @RPGelement is coming back)  that we restart the thread and you make an initial post.  so you can edit it when you need too.  Just a thought.  

You've got a good point, and it's something I've been thinking about. Well, the beginning of March could be a good time to set new quests. I'll create a new revived thread then and post a link here.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Summers_day122 said:

You've got a good point, and it's something I've been thinking about. Well, the beginning of March could be a good time to set new quests. I'll create a new revived thread then and post a link here.

Okay, I guess that has to be done. I hope we can keep our current progress as I don't feel like hunting down more uncommons even though I probably have a lot of cheap games for the commons. :(

• Like 1

Posting my first update, well done everyone, great to read your progress, I agree with winter_bird, don’t want to start the challenge again ideally, but happy to continue on with you all.

I’ve completed my common games, yay.

1. Spyro 2: Ripto’s rage

2. Spyro 3: Year of the dragon

3. Many faces

4. Birthday of midnight

5. Project starship

Also a bonus for this level:

6. Midnight deluxe

Quest progress:

1. Acquire 50 trophies of any Rarity in no particular order. 50: Done

2. Acquire 50 Bronze trophies. 50: Done

3. Acquire 50 Silver trophies. 35

4. Acquire 50 Gold trophies. 50: Done

Now for my uncommon games:

1. Life is strange
  2. Jak and daxter
  3. Uncharted: lost legacy
  4. Concrete genie
  5. Erica or Horizon zero dawn

I’ve got 6 choices so I’ll see what I feel like. I’m hoping I can finish them this month if all goes well, we will see :)

Have fun everyone.

• Like 1

As promised, this event has now been revived as is being run by me here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/122988-level-up-2022-revival/

New quests for March await! As it says in the new thread, to let me know you're participating either post an update in the new thread, or just say you're still participating if you have no update right now.

On 2/27/2022 at 4:01 PM, winter_bird_22 said:

Okay, I guess that has to be done. I hope we can keep our current progress as I don't feel like hunting down more uncommons even though I probably have a lot of cheap games for the commons. :(

Put those sad faces away: PROGRESS WILL CARRY OVER. I don't want to redo the common level any more than you do!

Now I'm just going to tag everyone on this thread here in case some people who signed on/were interested at the start are interested again now it's being run actively: @RoastedPeanut @MooseSketts @Sanevin @rahulrx0 @StingX2 @damcrac5 @Han_the_Dragon @JEDI_BROTHERS @Evil_Joker88 @Sofa King @Lojtana @DoctorDrPepper @clairelifelistjo @Spinacheq @winter_bird_22

• Like 2

I’ll join! Using some uncommons, but they are easy enough they should all be commons

Common Level: (0/5)

1. Tales from the Borderlands

2. Miles Morales: PS5

3. Among Us

4. Grim Fandango 

5. SpongeBob Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated 

Edited by SmellsLikeJazz

I'll join too. This is my common level list and I will make an update soon:

Common level 0/5:

1. Road bustle

2. Jack N' Jill DX

3. Disney classic games: Aladdin and The Lion King