Thoughts on the trophies?

Banana_Sausage47

1 hour ago, ConAir said:
Through the official account you can see updates. EU players seem to have trouble finding each, but the dwarves are on it.

I didn't see an answer on cross save from the developer yet. 

I was indeed unable to find any non-US servers yesterday, but when I hosted my own EU one, people joined just fine, at least.

11 hours ago, CptToffer said:

One thing I will say is that I think the following trophy will be a bloody nightmare. 

I suppose if you got one with low infestation and minimal complexity, it might not be too bad but you'll need to be really efficient. Plus I've done a Level 4 with two people and it was hell on earth. So you'd need a full crew for this and an experienced one. 

Successfully complete a Hazard Level 5 mission from start to finish where no dwarf goes down and without ordering a resupply

Here are a couple of Guides for that trophy :)https://www.trueachievements.com/a296536/karl-would-be-proud-achievement

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 8:31 AM, Deadvember said:

Looks kinda tedious from a trophy hunting perspective. The afk dancing stuff for 3600 seconds/minutes? is just pointless, listening to 25 full songs, doing certain things without missing, 100 solo games, having a full team and being the host 25 times, having players 10 levels lower than you multiple times. It's gonna take awhile and lots of luck without boosting! 

I'm going to guess a few hundred hours for 100%.

Got Barrel Kicker without even knowing there is a trophy for it. It was my first kick and goal. The preceding 9 must have been done by the other players (2 friends). As far as I can tell, for any of the "do it x times" trophies, any of the players doing it counts towards all of the players getting the trophy.

• Like 1

I did the barrels into the drop pod trophy which took me about 20+ mins on a controller to get all four in there. Then saw the trophy to get all the barrels in the drop pod and that plus the 500 missions trophy, it's a big ole nope for me! I'm counting at least 20 more barrels and given it can take 5 mins to get one in when you're unlucky and presumably they'll reset after each mission, that's potentially a couple of hours of barrel kicking! Got better things to do with my life lol :o

• Like 4

On 1/3/2022 at 10:31 AM, Deadvember said:

Looks kinda tedious from a trophy hunting perspective. The afk dancing stuff for 3600 seconds/minutes? is just pointless, listening to 25 full songs, doing certain things without missing, 100 solo games, having a full team and being the host 25 times, having players 10 levels lower than you multiple times. It's gonna take awhile and lots of luck without boosting! 

I'm going to guess a few hundred hours for 100%.

That alone secured made my decesion of not getting this game. I don't mind long plats but it has to be a game I'm extremely interested in, while this game barely caught my attention. Plus trophies like that are just pure laziness. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

That alone secured made my decesion of not getting this game. I don't mind long plats but it has to be a game I'm extremely interested in, while this game barely caught my attention. Plus trophies like that are just pure laziness. 

The trophies really aren't that bad and most will come naturally if you start work on them early on. I got the 25 drinks and 1hr of dancing trophies yesterday by ensuring I did at least 1 dance after each mission and drank at least 1 beer. Also I only need 1 more mission for the 50 hosted matches trophy, then it's on to the solo missions trophy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The trophies really aren't that bad and most will come naturally if you start work on them early on. I got the 25 drinks and 1hr of dancing trophies yesterday by ensuring I did at least 1 dance after each mission and drank at least 1 beer. Also I only need 1 more mission for the 50 hosted matches trophy, then it's on to the solo missions trophy.

Yeah I'd agree with this. Not been too bad at all thus far. The only real grind is going to be 500 matches. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Yeah I'd agree with this. Not been too bad at all thus far. The only real grind is going to be 500 matches. 

500 missions wont be the issue, the absolute longest trophy is getting gold promotion on all 4 dwarves I played this on an alt account and while fun it looks like it'll easily be over 150 hours and you'll get your 500 missions easily in that time. If i had a few good friends that'd play this game with me i absolutely wouldn't mind it but to have to try and do this solo? eh i'll pass

• Like 3

Honestly the trophies are the kind where you shouldn't focus on them tbh. As pure focus will just annoy you if you're actively going for them. 

Like I'm 28 hours deep and have about 50 solo missions done and most the trophies I think aside from the kicking stuff into launch bay came naturally from just genuine playtime and fun. 

So far those haz 3 onwards with no downs and no resupply will be most likely the breakers for alot honestly especially as I've done one haz 4 with a few friends and the jump from 3 to 4 is immense. 

• Like 1

So I just put my entire weekend into this game, and I'll admit, it is really fun. Trophy-wise, this plat will most likely not happen for me though. I managed to get the three trophies related to Hazard level 4 as well as unlocked Hazard level 5, and it is no joke. You have to be incredibly skilled, and incredibly lucky. Thankfully, you can cheese the 5 in a row by closing the game out if you think you'll lose a match, but I didn't come close to even beating a single match on Hazard 5, and I was using the Cryo Cannon method that was suggested in the achievements guide. Even if you're patient enough to wait on 5 lucky runs in a row, trying to do a match without resupply or being down is like bashing your head into a wall. I'd easily put this difficulty at an 8 or 9. I would say, if you can get these Hazard 5 trophies, the huge time sink for the Gold Promotions might be worth it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crosvale said:

So I just put my entire weekend into this game, and I'll admit, it is really fun. Trophy-wise, this plat will most likely not happen for me though. I managed to get the three trophies related to Hazard level 4 as well as unlocked Hazard level 5, and it is no joke. You have to be incredibly skilled, and incredibly lucky. Thankfully, you can cheese the 5 in a row by closing the game out if you think you'll lose a match, but I didn't come close to even beating a single match on Hazard 5, and I was using the Cryo Cannon method that was suggested in the achievements guide. Even if you're patient enough to wait on 5 lucky runs in a row, trying to do a match without resupply or being down is like bashing your head into a wall. I'd easily put this difficulty at an 8 or 9. I would say, if you can get these Hazard 5 trophies, the huge time sink for the Gold Promotions might be worth it.

Were you doing it solo? Because Hazard Level 3 is where I'd say you probably can comfortably do it solo. I've managed Hazard Level 4 as a duo but with about a 50% success ratio. 

The gold promotions will be the grind and I think you have to do each class so may mean using classes you don't enjoy or aren't comfortable with. I for one spent all my PC and PS4 playtime as a Scout cause I hate not being able to see things ?

1 minute ago, TommyG-LT said:

The game is fun, but "Legendary team" is gonna take forever.

All 4 dwarves to level 25... 7 times each. That's 700 levels in total.

Atleast we got some missions with double XP which helps promote them faster. 

Honestly its kinda whats putting me off playing it as i didnt really care for the engineer and the thought of having to grind it out just makes me simply play it on my alt account

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

anyone found a way to more easily get all barrels into the drop pod? its highly reliant on luck as they can fall off the side into the bottom of the laser grid

It's a mixture of luck and skill, because the barrel physics are seriously messed up and have been since the PC version released 3 years ago.

12 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

anyone found a way to more easily get all barrels into the drop pod? its highly reliant on luck as they can fall off the side into the bottom of the laser grid

You can get them out of the laser grid by using gravity calibration, it's upstairs ?

• Like 1

The Car Pool trophy's description is not correct or the trophy might be glitched. I just unlocked it this morning with help from members on here: UNDERDOG90, dark-keyblade94, and kassanowa07. The trophy had unlocked shortly after I landed on a Harvester and someone killed an enemy. I attached a video of me getting the trophy. I did not kill any enemies whilst on the Harvester prior to the trophy unlocking in this mission. As soon as the mission started their was a Harvester right by us, but ended up digging down to the sublevel. I dug down as well to find another, but it seemed that the 'same' Harvester had gone back. Two members ended up staying on that Harvester and killed enemies while on it.  

The trophy might be cumulative? In that it counts any kills you got while on a Harvester. However, in this scenario the trophy would have unlocked as soon as I landed on the Harvester. When I got the Farmer trophy I did kill lots of enemies when standing on the Harvester; this was done in a mission prior to the two patches. 

Unfortunately, kassanowa07 was not able to get any of the three trophies we got: Party Time, Car Pool, and Drill-By-Shooting. He had just completed the tutorial and no other mission in the initial assignment. We think, or rather UNDERDOG90 came up with the theory that he was not leveled enough and had not completed the initial assignment; which would explain why kassanowa07 did not earn Party Time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nivasan6 said:

The Car Pool trophy's description is not correct or the trophy might be glitched. I just unlocked it this morning with help from members on here: UNDERDOG90, dark-keyblade94, and kassanowa07. The trophy had unlocked shortly after I landed on a Harvester and someone killed an enemy. I attached a video of me getting the trophy. I did not kill any enemies whilst on the Harvester prior to the trophy unlocking in this mission. As soon as the mission started their was a Harvester right by us, but ended up digging down to the sublevel. I dug down as well to find another, but it seemed that the 'same' Harvester had gone back. Two members ended up staying on that Harvester and killed enemies while on it.  

The trophy might be cumulative? In that it counts any kills you got while on a Harvester. However, in this scenario the trophy would have unlocked as soon as I landed on the Harvester. When I got the Farmer trophy I did kill lots of enemies when standing on the Harvester; this was done in a mission prior to the two patches. 

Unfortunately, kassanowa07 was not able to get any of the three trophies we got: Party Time, Car Pool, and Drill-By-Shooting. He had just completed the tutorial and no other mission in the initial assignment. We think, or rather UNDERDOG90 came up with the theory that he was not leveled enough and had not completed the initial assignment; which would explain why kassanowa07 did not earn Party Time. 

The devs know about the trophy glitches and are working on a patch :).

19 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The devs know about the trophy glitches and are working on a patch :).

The developers get a lot of respect from me. I have been wanting to play this game since it was released on PC. It is so refreshing to see developers take pride in their work and actively support their game.

• Like 2

On 03/01/2022 at 11:41 AM, HuntingFever said:

This is going to take 550hrs+ to 100%, because of the terrible RNG on the Alien Artefacts and the fact it takes forever to hit Gold Lv 1 with all 4 Dwarfs. The Barrel kicking mini-game trophy is reportedly a complete nightmare to earn so will take lot of practice and frustration to earn but fortunately for us, it's a DLC trophy in the PS4 and PS5 versions so won't block the Platinum. Also, the online trophies can be done private lobbies and some are doable solo but the Complete 5 Deep Dives trophy will take 5 weeks to earn, because you have to finish 5 unique ones to get it since repeating the same one over and over doesn't count. Here's the TA Guide for the XB1 version, which has a slightly different list but should give you a rough idea of what's involved with getting the 100%: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Deep-Rock-Galactic/achievements

Actually nah, you can simply rush missions to only get alien artefacts and bittergems, i have 80 missions completed and i got all alien 5 artifacts, all 20 gold chunks and 5 of the 10 bittergems