Thoughts on the trophies?

Banana_Sausage47

20 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

The fuck are you talking about. You do realize this game was free right? with hundreds of hours of content akin to Destiny? the hell do you want a game to be? your expectations are clearly too high. The devs WANT you to be on their game for months. ALL devs want this for their games. You have your thoughts back to front my dude lol

If you spent about 5 minutes of your time you would have seen that these devs are extremely active with their community and respond to their fans and playerbase. They want more content and to increase the hours not decrease them lol

The game is NOT free comes with no aditional cost on PS plus sub.

You can do all the content of the game has to offer without promoting to gold a single dwarf.

And you expect to be good doing the same x4??

Mindless grind is never good period

20 hours ago, CptToffer said:

The vast majority of developers don't make games to cater for trophy hunting - the ones that do take a couple of hours and aren't really focused on quality. 

Look at Sony first party games to earn the plat is basically see/do all the content of the game has to offer.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

You can do all the content of the game has to offer without promoting to gold a single dwarf.

Look at Sony first party games to earn the plat is basically see/do all the content of the game has to offer.

Your going to sit here and nitpick over whether a PS+ game is free or not. Really? You are paying for the subscription already so the game has no additional cost to you.

No one is forcing you to play the game or go for the platinum. Hell you can play it and not worry about trophies at all. If your going to bitch about 'mindless' grind you can wipe out several whole genres of games such as RPGs, MMOs, Racing Games, Strategy games. All of these require hundreds of hours to play and 'experience' everything. This is designed by choice. This game is no different to them. 

All i'm seeing here is you being overly negative towards a game that is unjustified with the additional bonus of no one asking or forcing you to play lol. For someone who is closing in on 1000 plats you should be no stranger to grindy games, I cant be bothered to check your profile but im thinking it is safe to assume they are not all 10 minute ezpz.

Keep calm, game on and relax mate

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

You're making a correlation between trophy hunting and quality of game, which, again I'll point out, no developer does. Developers don't sit down and create a game with what we do solely in mind. That would be, possibly, some of the dumbest business modelling I've come across. If anything, they'd make a game, exactly like DRG because it would keep you at it for years. 

Anyway, I'm happy to discuss this further if you want but start a new thread, cause this thread is about folk who are happy to play the game along with the ten million other players ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

PS+ game is free or not. Really?

No one is forcing you to play the game or go for the platinum.

Keep calm, game on and relax mate

F2P games needs grind to catch some microtransactions this game is not F2P thats my point

Mate this is a trophy hunter forum of course people come here with the intention of earning plats people are free to decide how to spent their free time for me repeat the same for hundred hours dont worth it.

This is my point of view I respect the people enjoying the game (I enjoyed the time spent in it)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Subseven07 said:

Am I allowed to fail between hazard 4 Missions and the trophy to do the missions in a row?

Thank you

Nope, you have to do all of them without dying, running out of time or retreating - all of which count as fail states where this trophy is concerned. You can negate this by backing up your save after each successful completion but restoring it if things go wrong. You can also dashboard quit if you think you're about to die, that way the game won't save your progress and your completion streak will remain intact when your reboot the game.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Has the time estimate for this game decreased in the months since it’s been out? It seems with the date time trick the grinding for gold ranks has been reduced quite a bit. Anybody currently doing this who could elaborate?

I'm 95% of the way there with the Plat/100%. It has taken me nearly 300hrs to get 2 Dwarves to Gold 1 and will likely take me another 40-50hrs+ to get the last 2 finished off (1 is at Silver 2 and the other is at Silver 1). If you use exploits, you can probably get the Plat and 100% done in approx 200hrs but IMO, the exploits take all the fun out of playing so should only be used if you're more interested in the trophies than you are the game itself. Season 2 starts late next month and will make the grind a little easier due to all the new content we're getting.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm 95% of the way there with the Plat/100%. It has taken me nearly 300hrs to get 2 Dwarves to Gold 1 and will likely take me another 40-50hrs+ to get the last 2 finished off (1 is at Silver 2 and the other is at Silver 1). If you use exploits, you can probably get the Plat and 100% done in approx 200hrs but IMO, the exploits take all the fun out of playing so should only be used if you're more interested in the trophies than you are the game itself. Season 2 starts late next month and will make the grind a little easier due to all the new content we're getting.

I am interested in the game itself because it looks extremely fun, but when it comes down to just mindlessly grinding solely to gain XP and level up the dwarves, I am 100% fine with using exploits to make it go faster. I would probably just mix it in with regular runs here and there to keep gameplay fresh.

I really, really want to give this one a shot but unfortunately I just don’t think I am ready or willing to commit to a 300+ hours grind. I have tons of games in the backlog already, and was already hoping to tackle some behemoths like RDR2 and Stardew Valley this year. And I already started 2022 by spending 200+ hours on Kingdom Come Deliverance back during Christmas/New Years holidays and throughout January which was a huge project for me!

The reason I’m posting about this right now is because I noticed there’s a session up right now with the host claiming you can specifically “set up” Haz 5 missions with no enemies and get 16-24k XP every 8-10 minutes. Even at the absolute lowest end of that spectrum, you’d be looking at nearly 100k XP/h, which is what, approximately 22 hours to level up one dwarf to gold 1 rank?

If those estimates are indeed realistic and consistently possible, then this game would absolutely be within the realm of what I am willing to commit to. Do you know if this is actually possible? And how does it work, is this an instance of someone using the date/time trick to “set up” those specific Haz 5 missions?

Also, are you able to elaborate at all on how exactly Season 2 content is supposed to lessen the grind? I’m very curious.

Thanks for reading/answering all my questions. Congratulations on your progress so far & your soon-to-be new platinum. ?

• Like 2

With the "No Enemies Glitch" the XP grinding is far more bearable (and the glitch is super easy to set up). You can cut down a good chunk of the time requested for the platinum. I can smoothly manage to reach rank 25 (a promotion) with 2/3 dwarfs per week playing a couple of hours a day without bore myself to death.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

The reason I’m posting about this right now is because I noticed there’s a session up right now with the host claiming you can specifically “set up” Haz 5 missions with no enemies and get 16-24k XP every 8-10 minutes. Even at the absolute lowest end of that spectrum, you’d be looking at nearly 100k XP/h, which is what, approximately 22 hours to level up one dwarf to gold 1 rank?

This is probably some super theoretical scenario. The fastest I can imagine is probably ~150 hours because you will be doing tons of other stuff that doesn't yield that much XP and of course you don't start the game with leveled up classes and gear.

And how does it work, is this an instance of someone using the date/time trick to “set up” those specific Haz 5 missions?

Yes.

Also, are you able to elaborate at all on how exactly Season 2 content is supposed to lessen the grind? I’m very curious.

I'm not sure S02 is going to make the leveling faster. Sure, there will be new events and what not but I can't imagine it being quicker than doing the time trick.

However, I think the generator for levels will change with S02 and so the current times and dates used for 2XP farming will become obsolete. Just my theory for now but something to keep in mind.

Thanks for reading/answering all my questions. Congratulations on your progress so far & your soon-to-be new platinum. 1f642.png

Personally, I play this as a "long term" game and level up at my own pace. The game is super small, only 2.5GB on PS5 so I can keep it installed virtually forever.

Even though the grind is pretty tangible, I think this is hands down one of the best coop games I have ever played. Even with randoms.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

It's more a lessening of the emotional side of the grind, than the physical grind itself :). They're adding in new weapons, upgrades, overclocks, cosmetics and at least 1 additional mission mutator, which gives you more reason to carry on playing before the representativeness sets in and levelling up feels like a grind.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Il_Doflamingo said:

Do you guys think GSG will add a new DLC trophy set with Season 2?

Anything is possible but I doubt it, because there isn't much in the way of significant game changing content being added like there was when e.g. the Deep Dives were patched in a few years back. Also, I've just checked Steam and no new Achievements have been added in preparation for when Season 2 goes live there in a week or two.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Il_Doflamingo said:

With the "No Enemies Glitch" the XP grinding is far more bearable (and the glitch is super easy to set up). You can cut down a good chunk of the time requested for the platinum. I can smoothly manage to reach rank 25 (a promotion) with 2/3 dwarfs per week playing a couple of hours a day without bore myself to death.

The glitch being the date/time trick? ?

22 hours ago, HusKy said:

This is probably some super theoretical scenario. The fastest I can imagine is probably ~150 hours because you will be doing tons of other stuff that doesn't yield that much XP and of course you don't start the game with leveled up classes and gear.

Yes.

I'm not sure S02 is going to make the leveling faster. Sure, there will be new events and what not but I can't imagine it being quicker than doing the time trick.

However, I think the generator for levels will change with S02 and so the current times and dates used for 2XP farming will become obsolete. Just my theory for now but something to keep in mind.

Personally, I play this as a "long term" game and level up at my own pace. The game is super small, only 2.5GB on PS5 so I can keep it installed virtually forever.

Even though the grind is pretty tangible, I think this is hands down one of the best coop games I have ever played. Even with randoms.

Well from the session post it seems clear that the session is aimed at players who have already put some time into the game and have experience. He listed some setups you need to ideally have to maximize XP etc. so this method is obviously not for brand new players straight out of the gate. I’ve reached out to him privately to inquire but haven’t heard back yet, but hopefully I can speak to him or someone else who is doing this soon.

If we are being conservative and can estimate ~25 hours per Dwarf to Gold 1 rank, that would massively cut down the XP grinding portion of the game to 100 hours or less. Add on the rest of time spent working on the other trophies, DLC, solo missions, playing for fun/co-op etc. and it looks like with those numbers the game could theoretically be done in less than 200 hours total.

This is still a big time investment, but for me this would be well within reason. Like you I would probably make the grinding portion of the game a longterm project. Maybe I’ll wait until S2 though as I’d hate to start this only for the date/time XP trick to become obsolete with an update and ruin everything.

Thanks for your answers! ?

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It's more a lessening of the emotional side of the grind, than the physical grind itself :). They're adding in new weapons, upgrades, overclocks, cosmetics and at least 1 additional mission mutator, which gives you more reason to carry on playing before the representativeness sets in and levelling up feels like a grind.

Ahh I see. That still helps somewhat as it could keep things fresh, and help repopulate servers so there’s more people to play with. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, Il_Doflamingo said:

I was wondering what this was? I managed to join a game the other night, Hazard Level 5, but no bugs were spawning. I was so confused.

How does this glitch work? Same date and time setup as grinding for Double XP missions? Was it one mission that specifically spawned no bugs at all? Curious to know how this works exactly and how to set it up.

1 hour ago, DysectorZA said:

I was wondering what this was? I managed to join a game the other night, Hazard Level 5, but no bugs were spawning. I was so confused.

How does this glitch work? Same date and time setup as grinding for Double XP missions? Was it one mission that specifically spawned no bugs at all? Curious to know how this works exactly and how to set it up.

First you set the time in your console for the mission you wanna grind, then in the loading screen simply go back your console clock in 1 hour.