Resistance 2 Boosting Tips

Cloudstrife192

This thread is made with the purpose of helping those that are new to boosting Resistance 2 and possibly helping those that are currently boosting that could boost more efficiently. Using these tips myself I have gotten into matches with 80+ kills per match. Also, these tips are based on the assumption that the DLC method is being employed. I won't go over the spots except in a few tips, but if you want to know them here is the link: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/resistance-2/97049-resistance-2-killing-machine-boosting-image-walkthrough.html

Credit to Yoshi_Girl from ps3trophies for creating the walkthrough

The most important tip to increase your kill count is how you hold your controllers.I have found the best method is to hold one in each hand. I hold my player 1 controller in my left hand with my pinky holding down the L1 button and my index finger being used to hit R1 when my partner's player 2 spawns. I have my thumb resting under the right analog stick and my middle and ring finger over the micro usb port. At the same time I hold my player 2 controller in my right hand with my thumb ready to hit X to respawn and my index finger on the R1 button. I have included pictures to demonstrate:

c9e7f3f4-5b33-4cae-b874-8125f7119eff.jpg0966bc20-c82e-4273-a562-1b273c545232.jpg

I apologize for the bluriness of the first picture and how my hand blocks most of the controller. Also, controls may be different by region, so adjustments should be made considering that

When your player 2 respawns hold down R1 to fire as the weapon is being brought up to break spawn invincibility and let go. Only fire a few shots because on some maps you may hit yourself or your partner's player 1 messing up aiming.

There may be times at which the spawn does not work correctly (especially on pit stop), so try slightly inching your player 1 around if your player 2 is moving around too much to try and adjust its spawn. This also applies if you can't see your partner's player 2.

If you need to adjust your aim or move your player 1 you can either let go of the second controller and adjust that way or use your index while holding on to the second controller between your player 2 spawns. Sometimes I'll use my thumb sitting under the analog stick.

If you do have to adjust anything in regards to your player 1's position or aim it will be much better to be courteous to your partner to respawn your player 2 first and do it during the spawn countdown. Also, when you need to use the Prototype ammo berserk try and do it during the spawn countdown also.

If anyone else has any tips or recommendations please feel free to say so.

I had a little chuckle reading the title of the thread and the pics of how to hold the controllers :)This game was super easy to boost and not hard at all to get 100 kills per game using dlc maps. Just trial and error on finding the same repawn locations but still easy to figure out. If you want the plat just go for it and get the kills over with. You'll have the plat in a week depending on partner or 2nd ps3

Good luck hope you guys get the plat soon!

Edited by weeztha

I had a little chuckle reading the title of the thread and the pics of how to hold the controllers :)This game was super easy to boost and not hard at all to get 100 kills per game using dlc maps. Just trial and error on finding the same repawn locations but still easy to figure out. If you want the plat just go for it and get the kills over with. You'll have the plat in a week depending on partner or 2nd ps3

Good luck hope you guys get the plat soon!

So you have been able to boost with 2 ps3? because I tried that and could never connect and I have tried with 3 different boosting partners and could connect to 1 but not to the other 2.  Also it seems to only want to connect during the afternoon but at night I can't find any game (boosting or legit).

I am just wondering if you did any thing special because it is really not working

So you have been able to boost with 2 ps3? because I tried that and could never connect and I have tried with 3 different boosting partners and could connect to 1 but not to the other 2.  Also it seems to only want to connect during the afternoon but at night I can't find any game (boosting or legit). I am just wondering if you did any thing special because it is really not working

I used 2 ps3's and rarely had problems connecting with myself. I didn't do anything but play the outpost dlc map and run to the same spawn points every time. I usually played at night and would play for hours with no people joining or connection problems but this was a few years ago.

• Like 1

I used 2 ps3's and rarely had problems connecting with myself. I didn't do anything but play the outpost dlc map and run to the same spawn points every time. I usually played at night and would play for hours with no people joining or connection problems but this was a few years ago.

Well fuck :(

Well I am going to try and boost during the day and hopefully that works for me. This is why online trophies are stupid because legit or boosting I (and a lot of other people) are having way too hard of at time even making it work (let alone doing it). It is like the NBA Jam online all those years ago :(

Thanks for trying though :)

How do you connect at all? I can't seem to connect to any of my boosting friends :(

Me with my boost partner create chat room. We both select competitive Team Deathmatch type of game small maps and Yes for Dlc maps. When we both ready one of the players start countdown 3,2,1 and go. Then we close chat at the same time and click Start Matchmaking. Works 99% times.

Me with my boost partner create chat room. We both select competitive Team Deathmatch type of game small maps and Yes for Dlc maps. When we both ready one of the players start countdown 3,2,1 and go. Then we close chat at the same time and click Start Matchmaking. Works 99% times.

I have a good partner now. I am at 1449 so making good time :)