Trophies Still Not 100% Reliable Post-Patch (PS5)

As per the title.

I missed two story trophies before I realized they weren't popping (when I went to do the one for the radio and it also didn't pop).

Turning the console completely off and turning it back on again worked, and after I beat the campaign I just reloaded the chapters that I missed story-related trophies on. If you want to avoid this, make sure you know where the trophies are supposed to pop, the ones I missed were beating the Infiltrator and saving Alvin.

Edited by DeathlessVoid

2 hours ago, DeathlessVoid said:

As per the title.

I missed three two story trophies before I realized they weren't popping (when I went to do the one for the radio and it also didn't pop).

Turning the console completely off and turning it back on again worked, and after I beat the campaign I just reloaded the chapters that I missed story-related trophies on. If you want to avoid this, make sure you know where the trophies are supposed to pop, the ones I missed were beating the Infiltrator and saving Alvin.

It tends to happen during long sessions too.  The dlc is also affected.

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

It tends to happen during long sessions too.  The dlc is also affected.

This was my experience. I'd left my console on pretty much all day, get up and wander around doing chores and whatnot and come back to the game later, so it probably was on for a good 8+ hours.

• 2 weeks later...

The radio one bugged-out a bit for me too but I think it was due to me being too 'quick'. I reset the checkpoint and slowly talked to Ryan, started the radio let him do his line and then turned the volume to the max - trophy popped as Alvin dialogue started. I assume this might be the reason if you just enter and smash the square to start and turn it up.

Another one that didn't pop for me was the unmissable story one for killing the infiltrator (Fool me once) but it popped on restarting the chapter later when I finished the game. Here I can only assume the final hit/blow that got the Infiltrator in the garage was one of the explosive tanks/barrels which didn't count as me shooting/killing the terminator. Same as allies getting the final this on the first T800 or T47 won't count.

On 1/17/2022 at 2:44 PM, Valkirye22 said:

The radio one bugged-out a bit for me too but I think it was due to me being too 'quick'. I reset the checkpoint and slowly talked to Ryan, started the radio let him do his line and then turned the volume to the max - trophy popped as Alvin dialogue started. I assume this might be the reason if you just enter and smash the square to start and turn it up.

Another one that didn't pop for me was the unmissable story one for killing the infiltrator (Fool me once) but it popped on restarting the chapter later when I finished the game. Here I can only assume the final hit/blow that got the Infiltrator in the garage was one of the explosive tanks/barrels which didn't count as me shooting/killing the terminator. Same as allies getting the final this on the first T800 or T47 won't count.

No, that's not how it worked for me. Those two were just buggy as it is.  And I was in a long, uninterrupted session when I got to that point in the game.

Infiltrator one just didn't pop and I killed him with guns directly.  It popped after restarting the system and killing him virtually the same way.  Radio one it was the same issue, and I didn't speed through or rush anything with it. That one also popped after doing the same thing, but that time I did skip through dialogue and rushed it.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:44 PM, Valkirye22 said:

My experience was the same as Snake's. I tried the radio one 4x before restarting the game, and both times with the Infiltrator I killed him purely with my gun and it didn't pop until I revisited the chapter. I also missed another story-related trophy for getting the doctor to safety after a long play session. It's the game, not us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

The trophy No Hope is impossible for me to again, I have restarted the mission starting with dialogue (and a damn long mission) in Pasadena 3 times, killed everything to upgrade my pick skill to 3, then finally I unlock the door using a pick and with forced entry too, and nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is the most buggy game I’ve ever played it’s a disgrace, I don’t remember having any issues with the ps4 version I regret upgrading to this.  

On 17/01/2022 at 8:44 PM, Valkirye22 said:

Those bugged for me to. But restarting each chapter worked after finishing the game.

You're right with what you say about the shot that kills an # enemy, as I needed to restart the DLC level where you're tasked with killing the Centurion as it died while I was reloading, a few times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10.02.2022 at 0:58 PM, ZZ383 said:

I'm late to this thread but I did have the story trophy  "Second Generation" - Obtain Skynet security codes from a fallen HK Tank. not pop for me when I was playing the PS5 digital version. I did play it for a few hours at the time. I had to replay it to acquire the trophy. 

I'm in the same boat. This trophy didn't pop for me. I will try to repeat the chapter before finishing the game. 

• 6 months later...
On 1/20/2023 at 1:49 PM, Patrickosan said:

I'm in the same boat. This trophy didn't pop for me. I will try to repeat the chapter before finishing the game. 

Also same boat for me!

I had just stared the next chapter when I saw my issue and came here for help. Before i went any further in the game:

I powered off/on the PS5, I tried loading the auto save at the point when I re-enter the vault and have to give Mack the code. That was too late in the game, trophy didn’t pop, here’s what did pop the trophy:

I had to load the save file from the first time I’m back in the Downtown map, I set difficulty on easy and I had to head over to get the code reader and quantum battery AGAIN to hack open the gate AGAIN, and then head to HK and defeated it AGAIN. Then I went up to hack HK AGAIN and as soon as I pressed the hack button the trophy popped.

What a MESS. I hope changing the difficulty mid game doesn’t affect the trophy for completing on any difficulty. Because I hope that trophy doesn’t mean completing the game on one single difficulty without ever changing it (which I did once in my initial play through).

Edited by FPLooter
Added more information.

• 5 months later...

Just finished the game, Second Generation and I'll Be Back didn't pop. Seems every trophy is bugged through long sessions or the game going into rest mode. No Hope bugged early in the game for me, I restarted my console and it unlocked after I went through the door.

Good game though, enjoyed it.