Downloading updates

TomExpert

The problem is your connection, if you are currently using a wireless set-up it's recommend you change it to wired, as this will make the connection more stable.

Unfortunately, I was using a wired connection.  The smaller updates will download and install. But the 450MB+ one won't. The last time I tried downloading it, it got to 84% before dropping. If the PS would save the download progress and just continue where it left off it would help a lot.

Any ideas about settings I could change that might help? I have a Netgear modem model number: DM111PSP if that helps any.....

Edited by TomExpert

Unfortunately, I was using a wired connection.  The smaller updates will download and install. But the 450MB+ one won't. The last time I tried downloading it, it got to 84% before dropping. If the PS would save the download progress and just continue where it left off it would help a lot.

Any ideas about settings I could change that might help? I have a Netgear modem model number: DM111PSP if that helps any.....

What is your current speed and how long did it take to get to 84%?

The download speed is not too great at all. Mine sucks so what can i say 

How big is this update anyways?

Yeah, I knew my internet speed was bad but I didn't think it was THAT bad! I think I'm going to be forced  to have a word with earthlink about this. The update I'm trying to download is over 450MB. There are 9 more updates behind it. Don't know what their file size is since I can't get past this one. :(

Edited by TomExpert

According to speedtest.net : 3223235619.png

It took about an hour to get to 84%

Also 3223242621.png (used firefox for this)

Damn... I thought my connection was bad with 4Mb/s but this is just really bad... 

If you have PS Plus and do the Updates that way, it doesn't reset when your connection is lost

If you'd consider buying PS Plus, know that your online experience won't be very good with that Internet... You should contact your provider

Also, in case you missed it... The servers are closing somewhere in May 2014

Yeah, I heard about the servers closing. Hopefully by then I'll have GT6!

Yeah, I knew my internet speed was bad but I didn't think it was THAT bad! I think I'm going to be forced  to have a word with earthlink about this. The update I'm trying to download is over 450MB. There are 9 more updates behind it. Don't know what their file size is since I can't get past this one. :(

and that means your speed is halved when on your PS3 - so ~500kb.

• 2 months later...