Should we get a resin cap/rate increase?

Am4z1n9_AZ

To me it seems like a no brainer we should. The game is adding more regions, weekly bosses etc. Alot of end game players have been asking for this for months but Mihoyo continues to ignore this. 

I always hear the excuse from the Mihoyo defence force that's its because of the China law regarding gaming time but i don't buy it. If you added 40/80 cap increased the rate by a couple of minutes, the gamer will spend that resin in 5 minutes so i don't believe that excuse. 

What do you guys think? 

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ

Isn't it part of the games monetisation scheme. By artificially limiting it they encourage the purchase of items that give extra resin. It's a fairly common mechanic in games like this and although there could be minor change if enough people fight for it, there will never be a substatial change because of it.

The gaming time law will have nothing to do with it as enforcement of this is already done externally to individual games, or as a hard cap on gameplay time. Why limit it through resin when you can just as easily kick people out after a set time.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Resin system is my only issue with the game. I don't mind the gacha system for character pulls, the horrible rng for artifacts and stuff like that. However.... I hate the fact that you basically have to wait for 20 Hours to refil 160 resin which allow you to finish just 4 domain... is it for artifacts, talent books or whatever you need.

Time-gating like that is so incredibly dumb. Not only are your chances for a good artifact already ridiculously small cause of the random stats, but also you can't effectively grind for them even if you wanted.

Even if they sped up the refresh ratio to double the speed, it would still be stupid....

Mihoyo would first need to add an actual proper endgame (I don't consider Spiral Abyss as good endgame) for the resin changes to matter. As it stands, all the content in the game can be cleared without min/max or having good team comps aside from 36 starring the abyss. The game is catered towards casuals who don't have a lot of free time on their hands. At most they will increase the cap, but not speed up the recharge rate of resin.

Edited by Whitelightnin683

I'm glad we all in agreement, if you they were to update the resin system they would have to both increase the cap and speed up the recharge rate. I do believe it's a money reasoning for why they have this system in place, problem is the end game content is lacking and with the bad rng for artifacts and materials I can't see many people putting money into buying resin. I like the game don't get me wrong but it's catered towards new players and casuals which there isn't anything wrong with but Mihoyo forget about the hardcore end game players which are their biggest support when it comes to income and social media buzz.