Is the platinum grindy?

jelkeh11

So i'm new to JRPG's and i thought i'd try persona 5, but i'm not sure if i will enjoy it to get the platinum and i saw that the platinum is around 150 hours. Is a big part of those hours grindy or is it just a lot of playing the game and stuff like that?

Edited by jelkeh11

3 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

The Royal version is a lot lighter on the grind and more forgiving with the missables, and it has more content too. If you want a much easier time I'd go with that one.

I don't own persona royal, but i do own the normal persona 5 and i'm not planning on buying royal either

I wouldn't say it's a grind, the way Persona games are structured with managing your daily activities is different from many other JRPGs. But to get the platinum on the original P5 you do need to go into NG+, and depending on how well you fill up your compendium and how many confidants you max out in your first playthrough will affect how much time you need to spend in NG+. I didn't fill up the compendium enough before starting my second run, so I had to play a large portion of the game again to get the remaining Personas registered and level up enough for the optional boss fight.

It is a fantastic game though and I would highly recommend it ?

22 hours ago, Heather342 said:

I wouldn't say it's a grind, the way Persona games are structured with managing your daily activities is different from many other JRPGs. But to get the platinum on the original P5 you do need to go into NG+, and depending on how well you fill up your compendium and how many confidants you max out in your first playthrough will affect how much time you need to spend in NG+. I didn't fill up the compendium enough before starting my second run, so I had to play a large portion of the game again to get the remaining Personas registered and level up enough for the optional boss fight.

It is a fantastic game though and I would highly recommend it 1f60a.png

22 hours ago, RedTitan_RedKing said:

Persona 5 is a 150 hour game either way you going after the Plat or not, the Plat is a matter of not missing stuff instead of extra grind or work, just follow a guide, you can do everything on easy

22 hours ago, Alos88 said:

I'm just saying it's the better option if you find the prospect intimidating- check  the trophy guide at any rate. You'll need a guide handy for the first version most likely, not the second.

Alright thanks guys

• 1 month later...

Just leaving this here in case someone else has the same question: there's a walkthrough spreadsheet by finn527 that tells you the optimal activity to do each day. This step-by-step guide ensures you can get nearly all of the trophies in one NG cycle, and won't miss any of the missable trophies (keep an eye out for when a subquest should be registered). Here's the spreadsheet. (Or just look up persona 5 walkthrough spreadsheet if the link doesn't work).

Edited by FijiMan24
Wrong info; can't plat in one NG cycle as there are some things you can only do in NG+