Remote Play on keyboard (for the grind)

FinalFrank15

Hi. I'm using this guide to grind the Around the Globe trophy: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/317289-around-the-globe-g-afk-method-no-rubberband-needed/

But everytime I let the game running overnight, the car always get stuck (sometimes one hour before I wake up, sometime 30 minutes after I go to sleep). So I had an idea: on the 30 second recording using Ghost Control, instead of only pressing enter, i press options, down arrow, down arrow, enter, so each 30 seconds the game pauses and reset the vehicle. But the problem is, there is no keyboard button for the Options button. 

I know there are some programs that can allow playing on remote play using the keyboard like reWASD, but I couldn't make it work. So the question is, is there a way to allow playing on remote play with the keyboard that actually works?

Hi,

I did use remote play for the grind. I had a script on my computer pressing X every second. I used the script given by Husky in a RDR2 grind. It's useful because it restarts a race over and over and over, so you can keep it going during a week and you will get the trophy. Also since it presses X (i am not sure if it is Enter on your PC), if you disconnect from remote play it will restart itself. Honestly it happened only twice that my car got stuck during the whole time. I believe that you could just do that and check from time to time if it's still ongoing. I would be very surprised if you got stuck all the time you leave for a few hours...

Unfortunately I don't really know how to code so I can't help with that, but yeah if you need the script I used just let me know and I will post the forum link in which Husky gave the instructions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcancooL said:

Hi,

I did use remote play for the grind. I had a script on my computer pressing X every second. I used the script given by Husky in a RDR2 grind. It's useful because it restarts a race over and over and over, so you can keep it going during a week and you will get the trophy. Also since it presses X (i am not sure if it is Enter on your PC), if you disconnect from remote play it will restart itself. Honestly it happened only twice that my car got stuck during the whole time. I believe that you could just do that and check from time to time if it's still ongoing. I would be very surprised if you got stuck all the time you leave for a few hours...

Unfortunately I don't really know how to code so I can't help with that, but yeah if you need the script I used just let me know and I will post the forum link in which Husky gave the instructions.

Does that script uses the controller?

16 hours ago, FinalFrank15 said:

Does that script uses the controller?

Nope it's 100% on PC, I have an old laptop and kept it running for a week to get all of the kilometers. I took a pause midweek to let my PS4 rest a little. But basically you can follow the progress on your computer as long as your PS4 is running and connected to the Internet. Since you are connected to Remote Play on a computer your controller is shut down.

On 05/01/2022 at 11:15 AM, MarcancooL said:

Nope it's 100% on PC, I have an old laptop and kept it running for a week to get all of the kilometers. I took a pause midweek to let my PS4 rest a little. But basically you can follow the progress on your computer as long as your PS4 is running and connected to the Internet. Since you are connected to Remote Play on a computer your controller is shut down.

Interesting. But i found a way to use the mouse on the ghost control program. Basically, every 30 seconds, this happens:

CLICK ON OPTIONS (pauses the game)

ARROW DOWN

ARROW DOWN

ENTER (the car is reset)

ESC

ESC (if the click on options happens in between the races)

ENTER

ENTER

worked every time