Unstable so far...

Spacey_Dweeb

I've had multiple crashes while attempting to play this game so far. Two have even required me to physically unplug the PS5 console before a controller would connect and I could get it to boot up again. I'm passing on this game until a couple patches come through. Just giving a heads up for other people that are considering this game. 

• Like 4

I'm glad other people are having a better time. Ill give some details to my situation. I completed training and haven't been able to finish another mission before my screen just goes black. I'm not doing anything in particular when it happens. Sometimes walking, sometimes mining, one time shooting little bug guys. Sometimes after a crash, it takes a couple minutes and I'll be taken back to the PS5 dashboard, but one time it just stayed on black screen for about 15 minutes and i decided to just unplug it. When it's a black screen the lights of the ps5 turn off and the controller will act like it has no connection, headphones beep as they have disconnected etc.

I decided to work on the trophy for stuffing all the barrels in the launch bay, so I wasn't on missions at all. It soft crashed again on my first attempt. Reloaded for ONE more chance. It stayed stable quite a long time. I got all 25 barrels into one of the bays, no trophy, thought maybe it needs to be in the bay with my name on it, so moved all 25, no trophy. Looked at YouTube and found I was going to the wrong place. The things labeled as bays are not where those go. The launch bay is the big blue area beneath the giant drill thing. Started moving the barrels down there, and after a few were in, it did another crash where it was required to unplug the PS5 to bring it back to life. When it recovered and finished repairing the USB drive etc. I went ahead and uninstalled. 

I'm still excited for this game. It's one I've heard lots of positive buzz about from friends and podcasters I like. I was jealous of it being only PC exclusive for a long time. Im really glad it came to console. This hasn't soured my opinion of the game. I'm just waiting for a patch and I'll be in the mines shouting "ROCK AND STONE!" with the rest of you. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Had a few connection issues/server join failures and a little bit of slowdown when there was a ridiculous amount of bugs on screen but nothing more beyond that.

On 05/01/2022 at 10:58 AM, HuntingFever said:

Other than some framerate hiccups, the game been solid as a rock for me so far on the PS4 but then again, I have been playing solo until I get used to the mechanics - before I open up my server to the public.

Pun intended? Either way, it's good.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 1:51 AM, Man of Inaction said:

I've had multiple crashes while attempting to play this game so far. Two have even required me to physically unplug the PS5 console before a controller would connect and I could get it to boot up again. I'm passing on this game until a couple patches come through. Just giving a heads up for other people that are considering this game. 

So far, I've been having the same issues as you, with the PS5 just flat out dying and I have to replug it in again. Haven't had much time to enjoy the game, hopefully this gets fixed soon, although from my experience and reading of others, this issue has been happening with other UE4 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neetengie said:

So far, I've been having the same issues as you, with the PS5 just flat out dying and I have to replug it in again. Haven't had much time to enjoy the game, hopefully this gets fixed soon, although from my experience and reading of others, this issue has been happening with other UE4 games.

Hey there. I figured out there were some graphics mode options in the game. I switched mine from Fidelity mode to Performance mode and it seems to be stable since then. I only messed around for a couple of hours since I made the change, but I was usually crashing every 15 minutes or so before that.

1 minute ago, Man of Inaction said:

Hey there. I figured out there were some graphics mode options in the game. I switched mine from Fidelity mode to Performance mode and it seems to be stable since then. I only messed around for a couple of hours since I made the change, but I was usually crashing every 15 minutes or so before that.

I ended up doing that, and it still crashed. I'll keep fiddling with graphical options to see if anything fixes it, but so far I lowered my FoV and went from 120 Performance to Performance.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the PS4 version and it has just crashed for the tenth time since launch :(. I'm out of ideas as to what's causing them but most of the crashes have been either during loadscreens or just as the Landing Pod has landed at the start of a mission.

UPDATE: The 1.10 patch is now out and the game is as unstable as ever :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.