Save file is missing finished content

bendermac

I just booted up Dirt 5 (PS4) and now it says I only played 10hrs45min. and only driven 425 miles 

I clearly have driven more then 1000 miles, played around 20hrs and finished all events. 

What the hell... how can this be?

After the last time I've played, I haven't touched the safes, meaning no deleting or some sort. This is some serious BS! ?

Edited by bendermac

21 hours ago, RayShuttlesworth said:

Did you play before the most recent patch?  Apparently that could glitch your save files and might even lock you out completely which sucks.

I've been playing for a while, very slowly xD I'll stay at 2/5 of my career, I didn't intentionally download the new patch for fear it would do some damage and I was waiting for info, so I'm playing without updating. Are you telling me it's better if I don't download the patch? 

Edited by Siriodorione

On 1/11/2022 at 9:33 AM, Siriodorione said:

I've been playing for a while, very slowly xD I'll stay at 2/5 of my career, I didn't intentionally download the new patch for fear it would do some damage and I was waiting for info, so I'm playing without updating. Are you telling me it's better if I don't download the patch? 

I've only read that the save files from before the patch could potentially not carry over. If you haven't downloaded the patch then it might be worth it to just finish the game on the older version.

Although one of the benefits of the patch is that the trophy required for driving 10K miles has been reduced to 1K. Shaving literally over a hundred hours in the total plat time.

Edited by RayShuttlesworth
spelling
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RayShuttlesworth said:

I've only read that the save files from before the patch could potentially not carry over. If you haven't downloaded the patch then it might be worth it to just finish the game on the older version.

Although one of the benefits of the patch is that the trophy required for driving 10K miles has been reduced to 1K. Shaving literally over a hundred hours in the total plat time.

I'm talking about the small patch that came out the other day, the game I downloaded it in full as it was given on the plus so I started playing them days ago :)
Does the save problem you say happen with an older patch? Can I then download the small update from a couple of days ago?

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 0:55 PM, Siriodorione said:

I'm talking about the small patch that came out the other day, the game I downloaded it in full as it was given on the plus so I started playing them days ago :)
Does the save problem you say happen with an older patch? Can I then download the small update from a couple of days ago?

Oh if you only started after it was released on PS+ then I think you'll be ok. This problem I read about was definitely pertaining to an older patch.

• 1 month later...