Thirsty_Otter

Backlog by the Month Challenge (2022)

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi and welcome to the Backlog by the Month Challenge. The goal here is to pick a list of games from your backlog that you think you can complete this year (complete either the platinum or 100%) and try to complete at least one game per month from the list. There will also be a lifetime leaderboard that will continue to update for as long as the event is around. This is the first event I am trying to run, so if I am missing anything in this post that needs to be brought up, either PM me or leave a comment in the thread. Thanks! Point total will be monitored to see if they are too high or too low as the event goes on.

How the event works:

-Post a list of games you are confident you can finish this year – there is no upper limit, however you will need at least one game per month for the event depending on when you signed up – and then try to complete at least one of those games per month. For instance, if you sign up in January, you need to post at least 12 games, if you sign up in June you need at least 7 games and if you sign up in December you need at least 1 game. It's best to add as many games as you can, however there is a penalty for not completing a game that you said you would, so don't go too overboard!

-You complete one game per month to earn points. The first game you complete from your list adds 1 point to your leaderboard total, while every subsequent game completed in that month adds 0.5 points. Any game that you complete that is not on your backlog list (but would've obviously been in your backlog) earns you 0.1 points each. 

-If you miss a month and don’t complete any of your backlogged games, you lose 1 point from your total. If, at the end of the year, you haven't completed the games you said you would from the backlog, you lose 0.1 points per game that you didn't complete.

-However, you CANNOT fall below 0 points. There is no negative points.

-In the event of a tie, the person who earned the points first is ahead in the leaderboards.

-You can edit your backlogged list only twice per year to add or remove games (they can be edited the whole months of April and August, but only once per month in those months).  

-Every new list counts as a new game. So for example the Jurassic Park telltale episodes on PS3 count as five different games.

I will try to update the leaderboard once or twice monthly. Please post in here with updates on how you are doing with your backlog.

-No cheated games or hacked trophies allowed. Also, autopops don't count for points. 

-You can choose games you haven’t started yet, or games already on your profile.

There will be prizes throughout the year for the top performers, given out at my discretion (probably a couple times a year and especially at the end of the year). Possible prizes will all be USA PSN cards (PSN Credit, Playstation Plus memberships or Playstation Now Memberships).

Leaderboards:

1. Thirsty_Otter - 1 Point

2. VoltrefferNL - 0 Points

Participant Information:

- Thirsty_Otter

Spoiler

Points Breakdown:

(January) The Walking Dead Season 2 [+1 point]

Backlog list:

Four Sided Fantasy

Pocket Academy

Game Dev Story

The Walking Dead Season 2

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Fallout New Vegas

Broken Age

Borderlands: The Presequel

Call of Duty Vanguard

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War

Doom Classic Complete

Bowling

Hyper Scape

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

Dead Space

Two Point Hospital

Greedfall

Far Cry Blood Dragon

InFamous: First Light

Brothers: A tale of Two Sons

The Walking Dead: Michonne

The Walking Dead: The Final Season

- VoltrefferNL -

Spoiler

Points Breakdown:

*coming soon

Backlog List:

Doom 2016

0Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Persona 5 Royal

TitanFall 2

Watch Dogs 2

Hitman

Mafia III

Horizon Zero Dawn

Ratchet & Clank

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Journey

Borderlands 2

Edited by Thirsty_Otter

Posted (edited)

I’ll add my own backlog list shortly.

I was thinking of adding points to any game completed throughout the year that’s not on your backlog list. Maybe it’d add 0.1 points to your total. What do people think?

That should stop people from going into the negative margin at the end of the year from incomplete games.

Edit: Added my list of games. 

Edited by Thirsty_Otter

Completed my game for the month. Any takers for this event? I know there are several backlog events right now, but I’m feeling rather lonely being the only one on the leaderboard. 😭

Yes, I'm here for this! Just to space out some of my old games, and not feel like I have to accomplish everything as quickly as possible.

01. Doom 2016 (< Currently Playing and aiming for Jan Platinum)

02. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

03. Persona 5 Royal

04. TitanFall 2

05. Watch Dogs 2

06. Hitman

07. Mafia III

08. Horizon Zero Dawn

09. Ratchet & Clank

10. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

11. Journey

12. Borderlands 2

1 hour ago, VoltrefferNL said:

Yes, I'm here for this! Just to space out some of my old games, and not feel like I have to accomplish everything as quickly as possible.

01. Doom 2016 (< Currently Playing and aiming for Jan Platinum)

02. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

03. Persona 5 Royal

04. TitanFall 2

05. Watch Dogs 2

06. Hitman

07. Mafia III

08. Horizon Zero Dawn

09. Ratchet & Clank

10. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

11. Journey

12. Borderlands 2

Added! Thanks for joining! 

edit: added a new rule that says you cannot fall below zero points. There is no negative scoring. Also, lowered the point loss for not completing a game in a month from 1.5 to just 1 point.

in the event of a tie, the person who earned the points first is ahead in the leaderboards.

Edited by Thirsty_Otter

Might be interested in joining, assuming this event gains enough traction for it to be worthwhile for you. Am I correct to read that it's okay if I happen complete them faster than 1 per month? I'd probably select only about 13 games to keep it reasonable, but I doubt they'll last me the entire year.

33 minutes ago, StraightVege said:

Might be interested in joining, assuming this event gains enough traction for it to be worthwhile for you. Am I correct to read that it's okay if I happen complete them faster than 1 per month? I'd probably select only about 13 games to keep it reasonable, but I doubt they'll last me the entire year.

Yeah, you can select and complete as many as you want. :)

If you complete over one game a month from your list they’re worth .5 points. Any game not on your list that you complete is worth .1 points too! 

You can also add or remove games twice per year in April and August. 

I’ll probably keep this open for a few months to see if enough people are interested in an event like this.