Graphics are Horrendous

TheGameCapsule

11 minutes ago, TheGameCapsule said:

I'm playing on PS5 and the graphics are incredibly low quality.  Strangely l kept playing the game and l enjoy the gameplay so l guess it's fine, but do you agree the graphics aren't up to par with even a PS4 game?

maybe its your tv, or system settings, brightness level, as any of those can help boost image quality. 

However, it looks more arcade like than anything so I wouldn't have even gone into it expecting "next gen(CURRENT)". Some stages look much better than others as well. A bit inconsistent. Since psplus gave the ps4 game as well, could be a random chance you downloaded that version by mistake. 

EDIT: I see you are playing the ps5 version. Could just be again image settings on tv. 

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, TheGameCapsule said:

I'm unfamiliar with what you're talking about.  Sorry lm old.

One question 

Are You playing The PS4 versión AND not The native ps5 app?

Edit: It seems your playing The ps5 ver, Did you set It In graphics mode on your ps5?

Edited by Ghost-Zeus514

1 hour ago, TheGameCapsule said:

I'm playing on PS5 and the graphics are incredibly low quality.  Strangely l kept playing the game and l enjoy the gameplay so l guess it's fine, but do you agree the graphics aren't up to par with even a PS4 game?

Dirt 2 from 2009 is the best in the series. Visually too amazing 

I also expected more from the graphics. Even with Image Quality mode. 120hz mode looks like crap. 

Haven't tried PS4 version. All settings are correct. Looks like a decent PS4 game.

So there is nothing really wrong with the graphics, but I believed it to look better as it's been a popular showcase game for new consoles.

Don't like the style either.

10 hours ago, kayleew said:

lest you can play the ps5 version. it keep crashing every time i go the agree to the terms, dont see anyone else talking about this so i must be the unlucky ones.

Discussed here, you probably have too many friends. Cut down the frienlist sub 400 or start the game while the PS5 is offline.

10 hours ago, TheGameCapsule said:

Are you perhaps playing in the 120fps mode?

Edited by NewDust

1 hour ago, cometowner said:

Seems you earned first trophy in 6th jan which means you start playing the ps+ version 

if we waited everyone opinion just because they started playing for free then it will be meh

Why is my opinion not valid just because I don't pay for the game we are still playing the same version 

The gameplay is fine and that's all that really matters. Graphics are secondary and unless there are some just awful graphical glitches and errors then it shouldn't even factor in to your opinion on a game IMO. A video game is about the gameplay, the interactivity and overall how fun the game is. I play a game to play it, not obsess over its graphics. Graphics don't make the gameplay better and if you believe it does then you're playing games for the wrong reasons. 

On 08/01/2022 at 5:40 PM, Alos88 said:

How's the frame rate? That's what really matters for a racer.

It depends on which mode youre playing on.

Image Quality mode runs mostly at 60fps but has some noticible drops once in awhile, Performance is a pretty stable 60fps, and then theres a 120fps mode which isnt worth because its not stable and severely lowers image quality.