SlimSanta94

Scalecaller Saviour Trophy Bugged?

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, i've just attempted this to get this trophy on my main character as it seems simple enough. Just collect 2 ingredients while going through Scalecaller Peak and give them to the guy at the end. I did this, got to the final boss, defeated him and the dialogue option to give the NPC to ingredients to get the trophy wouldn't appear, in fact it wouldn't even let me talk to him until I left the room and came back in. I did this dungeon twice and the same thing happened. 

I can only assume this trophy is bugged in some way? My question is can anyone confirm if the trophy works as intended if it is your character's first time clearing the dungeon?

I was going for this trophy a year ago. I ran this dungeon multiple times but never get this trophy. Even thought I always picked up both ingredients.

I also did some research at the time and it seems that this trophy is glitchy. Basicallly, if you don't get first time, you'll never get it. 😕

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

I was going for this trophy a year ago. I ran this dungeon multiple times but never get this trophy. Even thought I always picked up both ingredients.

I also did some research at the time and it seems that this trophy is glitchy. Basicallly, if you don't get first time, you'll never get it. 1f615.png

That's not true, Jorvuld can sometimes be bugged and stand there and not have the option to talk to him appear after you've collected both ingredients. However 2 of my friends had the trophy be buggy for them when they tried to get it on normal difficulty, but when we completed the dungeon on veteran difficulty it ended up working for them. They've both earned the trophy during the current patch so it's definitely still possible. I'm not sure if veteran is the guaranteed fix but it's worth trying if you are capable of completing the dungeon on that difficulty setting. 

Edited by Sergen

11 minutes ago, Sergen said:

That's not true, Jorvuld can sometimes be bugged and stand there and not have the option to talk to him appear after you've collected both ingredients. However 2 of my friends had the trophy be buggy for them when they tried to get it on normal difficulty, but when we completed the dungeon on veteran difficulty it ended up working for them. They've both earned the trophy during the current patch so it's definitely still possible. I'm not sure if veteran is the guaranteed fix but it's worth trying if you are capable of completing the dungeon on that difficulty setting. 

Good to know, thanks! I will give this a try if I ever come back to this game.

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

Thank you for clearing that up Sergen. I’ll try to clear it on veteran later this week and see if it works. 

Okay just to clarify, I just beat Scalecaller Peak on Veteran, I collected both ingredients myself and cured Jorvuld myself at the end which unlocked the trophy. :) 

The bug seems to be random... this trophy bugged on me 2 or 3 times for no obvious reason (even while playing on vet). I did the same thing each time I tried. Eventually it worked.  

This trophy works on veteran.. it is bugged on normal somehow

I can confirm you need to complete it in veteran i did it about 10 times in normal and nothing happened the one time i tried on vet the trophy pop