How hard is the DLC compared to main game?

Quink666

The first 3 DLC packs are a tiny bit harder than the main game, but not enough to bother you if you are breezing through the main game, The last one has some tougher events. The gymkhana is probably the hardest of the lot, and the time trial events have a time that requires a pretty clean (but not insane) lap/run. 

I recognise your name from a comment on my gymkhana youtube video - there is a video there showing the DLC one too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, barra333 said:

The first 3 DLC packs are a tiny bit harder than the main game, but not enough to bother you if you are breezing through the main game, The last one has some tougher events. The gymkhana is probably the hardest of the lot, and the time trial events have a time that requires a pretty clean (but not insane) lap/run. 

I recognise your name from a comment on my gymkhana youtube video - there is a video there showing the DLC one too.

Yeah i've managed to finally get a hang on the gymkhana events now. Got a perfect run on one event and got over 37k. As long as there are alot of multiplier obstacles and not like in the very first gynkhana event. It was in the first one i managed to get the stuntmastah trophy. Wish i knew how many more obstacles there were in the later levels.

Guess i'll give it a go. 

1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah i've managed to finally get a hang on the gymkhana events now. Got a perfect run on one event and got over 37k. As long as there are alot of multiplier obstacles and not like in the very first gynkhana event. It was in the first one i managed to get the stuntmastah trophy. Wish i knew how many more obstacles there were in the later levels.

Guess i'll give it a go. 

The gymkhana scores needed for all but the last one in the DLC are fairly low. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 3:28 PM, Quink666 said:

So far main game is pretty darn easy. Been thinking of getting the season pass. Buy i see the rrarity drops pretty hard for the last DLC.

Does it become alot more difficult? Mainly thinking of the Gymkana events.

With that last DLC they literally patched it to make it harder (more aggressive AI and rubber-banding AI) compared to the other DLC's prior to the patch. It's still not very hard at all if you're decent at racing games just with the rubberbanding AI, you can't make so many mistakes because they stay in your shadow the whole race which can be nerve-wracking I guess. Before on easy difficulty, you could practically lap the field but I think that increased difficulty is what scared some people off from getting those trophies on the last DLC. But trust me, it's not that bad. 

• Like 1

The Gymkana events are the only events in the game not affected by the difficulty you chose (the score thresholds for the different stars stay the same). They may be a tiny bit harder in the DLC but if you were able to do them in the main game, you won't have any problems doing them in the DLC. You just need a good run with a car you are comfortable with.

• Like 2