Axe Master Question

Sten_dardo

I haven't encountered this problem, but I have been playing this game on and off since the release, so I don't remember when I got the Tomahawk. Just read this tip on PST.org in case you have the Undead Nightmare DLC.

This trophy also applies to Undead Nightmare. The only difference is that you will need to grab a Tomahawk, or save a town that gives them to you, you need to kill an undead bat with a Tomahawk (easy enough, they're small enough that you don't need a head shot to kill them), save a town instead of clear a hideout (a good place to do that is anywhere in Mexico, as the retchers exploding from a kill will take out several of zombie chasing you), the surviviors killing a zombie or a retcher blowing up and killing them doesn't count against you either. Also, if you miss a head shot against zombie, it won't count as a miss.

• Like 1

I completed that challenge about seven years ago, so I don't quite remember what it was about... but what I can assure you is that I had no problem achieving 100% competition for the entire game and I was not even interested in the trophies back in 2015.

So I suppose that you have accidentally skipped a previous step and that is why now you are not able to move forward… maybe (?)

Well… I don't really know how this could have happened to you, but I also leave this here:

This is just like an ambient challenge. It can be viewed in your Journal. Go into your Journal in the Start screen and then click on Challenges. There are 5 levels for the Tomahawk Challenge and you can start them by buying the Tomahawk from Manzanita Post.

1. Buy the Tomahawk from Manzanita Post.

Tomahawks cost $30 dollars for 1 but $600 dollars for 20.

2. Kill one enemy with the Tomahawk used as a throwing weapon, one as a melee weapon and one from horseback.

This doesn't have to be in any order.

Throwing Weapon: Take the Tomahawk out and throw it at anyone to complete this part of the challenge.

Melee Weapon: Stand right next someone to kill that person to complete this part of the challenge.

From Horseback: While on a horse throw the Tomahawk at someone to complete the challenge all together.

3. Kill a flying bird with a Tomahawk without using Deadeye.

Go to Hanging Rock, which is north of Armadillo. Go on top of any of the mountains in that area and wait for a bird to get close and then make your move, a few throws, but you will kill a bird sooner or later. It is easier to kill a flying bird during the daytime.

Note: After you have cleared a hideout you can just take out your Tomahawk and hit a vulture with it, if you learned their predictable flight pattern (thanks to mjc0961 for this tip). Try the Twin Rocks gang hideout. There aren't too many enemies there so just take 3 minutes to clean them out, then a flock of vultures start circling in the air. From there you just have climb to the roof of the house in the middle and then it will be easier to tomahawk one of the vultures because of their easy to predict flight pattern.

4. Kill 5 enemies in a row without missing with the Tomahawk.

Try this at Solomon's Folly. The enemies are out in the open and there is more cover. Restock on Tomahawks if you are low. Solomon's Folly has exactly 5 enemies to kill at the hideout so it should be no problem.

5. Complete a gang hideout using only the Tomahawk.

If you started Challenge 4 at Solomon's Folly and finished it, complete the hideout with only using the Tomahawk to finish Challenge 5. If you miss while trying to kill an enemy while driving the wagon, it's okay but don't use any other weapons.

Due to the 1.04 patch, you may have trouble earning this rank right after earning Rank 4 while completing Solomon's Folly. You just have to complete Solomon's Folly a second time for the trophy to pop up. Thanks to Frejim for info.

I hope the quote that I have placed just above (from the guide that is on the .org website) can help you.

• Like 1