Question on The New Boss and No loose ends

footballvillan56

So I’ve been wanting to give this piece of trash another shot lol. Good game honestly but it made me hate it for the trophies with the informants. Is there anyway if I just buy the physical copy of Mafia 3 and I play it with no patches on the basic 1.00 version if I can earn the trophies that way or do I Absolutely Have to play it on 1.09 no other option. If someone could let me know would greatly appreciate it  

As one of the first achievers I feel pretty certain that I played this on the day one patch. But I might be wrong and it might have been on 1.00 version. For me all trophies unlocked without any issues. Best thing you can do is to try and get the trophies in 1.00. It’s worth a shot at least. 

On 1/8/2022 at 11:24 AM, footballvillan56 said:

So I’ve been wanting to give this piece of trash another shot lol. Good game honestly but it made me hate it for the trophies with the informants. Is there anyway if I just buy the physical copy of Mafia 3 and I play it with no patches on the basic 1.00 version if I can earn the trophies that way or do I Absolutely Have to play it on 1.09 no other option. If someone could let me know would greatly appreciate it  

I have the disk copy and V1 didnt work for me. Best bet would be to downgrade to v 1.9

Really that’s a bummer.. I would but my computer can’t use that link for some reason not exactly sure why i every time I click on it nothing happens… it’s almost as if that link doesn’t work…  I’m pretty much screwed on it unless they were to make a patch.. doubtful as old as the game is now. 

I have played this game so many times I could do it in my sleep and no matter what I try thr new boss trophy will not pop... I have wire tapped the whole map flipped every person that is flipable I even bought the disk copy and turned off the internet is there a secret that I am missing?? It's driving me crazy any advice would be so appreciated 

Just got the plat to get the 100%, finally. Has taken me many one-sitting playthrus where it either didn't pop at all, or the damn game crashed and it reset everything.  In the end, I followed the guide using a proxy software and remapped the patch to 1.09 via Charles, as mentioned in previous threads.  Played again through, turning internet off so no danger of the 1.12 patch downloading, and kill trophy popped first time, then the plat.  This is really the only way to plat this piece of shit game unless you are extremely lucky, and manage to do it on 1.12 in one sitting without the damn game crashing on you (assuming you don't have a 1.0 disc version)

Edited by SaucyBrotato
added extra info about disc version
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 10:39 AM, SaucyBrotato said:

Just got the plat to get the 100%, finally. Has taken me many one-sitting playthrus where it either didn't pop at all, or the damn game crashed and it reset everything.  In the end, I followed the guide using a proxy software and remapped the patch to 1.09 via Charles, as mentioned in previous threads.  Played again through, turning internet off so no danger of the 1.12 patch downloading, and kill trophy popped first time, then the plat.  This is really the only way to plat this piece of shit game unless you are extremely lucky, and manage to do it on 1.12 in one sitting without the damn game crashing on you (assuming you don't have a 1.0 disc version)

If you play offline the game rarely crashes I found. The only time it did crash on me was when I was online and PSN went down while I was playing and the game immediately crashed as a result. Offline is much more safe overall and I managed to get the platinum with the Version 1.12 patch and utilizing rest mode so I didn't actually do it all in 'one sitting'. I did it over the course of a week, each run taking 3-4 days. Took 3 runs to get the kill/flip trophies altogether. The only run that failed on me was the kill run. The game got stuck in an infinite cutscene during the prologue sequence and it completely broke the game and I couldn't advance at all, it'd just keep replaying the cutscene over and over again no matter what you did so I had to start over. Luckily it happened early and I only lost about a half hour. 2nd attempt went smoothly and the flip run also went smoothly and that was the run I did while online. The game crashed on me about a half hour after I got The New Boss to unlock so I suppose I got lucky with that one. Playing offline should give you no issues. I've also played it on PS5 so that maybe helps performance. 

On 1/29/2022 at 4:30 PM, mega-tallica said:

If you play offline the game rarely crashes I found. The only time it did crash on me was when I was online and PSN went down while I was playing and the game immediately crashed as a result. Offline is much more safe overall and I managed to get the platinum with the Version 1.12 patch and utilizing rest mode so I didn't actually do it all in 'one sitting'. I did it over the course of a week, each run taking 3-4 days. Took 3 runs to get the kill/flip trophies altogether. The only run that failed on me was the kill run. The game got stuck in an infinite cutscene during the prologue sequence and it completely broke the game and I couldn't advance at all, it'd just keep replaying the cutscene over and over again no matter what you did so I had to start over. Luckily it happened early and I only lost about a half hour. 2nd attempt went smoothly and the flip run also went smoothly and that was the run I did while online. The game crashed on me about a half hour after I got The New Boss to unlock so I suppose I got lucky with that one. Playing offline should give you no issues. I've also played it on PS5 so that maybe helps performance. 

Appreciate the great info. It sucks because it’s not like some people can just go out and buy a fuckin computer to remap it to 1.09 update lmao..  i may try and buy a ps5 soon and see if that works ?