YS: MoC Trophy Tips *spoilers*

JaM

As the topic says, let's discuss and share the tips in gaining the trophies in this game... So I will somehow share what information I have gathered so far...

Trophies that can be only be gained in second game play:

:silver: All the Things

:bronze: Reckless Abandon

:silver:  Like the Wind

:bronze: The Strongest Pro

:bronze: Untouchable

The trophies that can be done in first game play but very much recommended to be done in second game play:

:silver: Waking Dream

The other trophies are obtainable but some are tricky and missable, if you don't want to miss them(like I did) open the respective links and check the very useful tips:

:bronze: Tickled Pink

:bronze: Heard It All

:silver: Philanthropist

:bronze: Better Man

:bronze: Touche, Salesman

The frustrating trophies but can be done in first game play:

:silver: Treasure Hunter

- this trophy become frustrating and tricky at the same time because there are some places (especially in dungeons) that even though  your mini-map is showing it is already mapped, there are some small parts of the map that you need to go to make the treasure chest icon appear in your map...

Tips

-before leaving an area in the dungeon or in places, make sure that you have been in all the places that you can possibly go before going to the next area - waste of time? trust me, it is much worth than backtracking all the dungeons one by one..

and BTW, there is said a treasure chest in Tower of Providence that is very tricky:

CasaDeBen

Theres one chest thsts literally impossible unless you accidently find it. Its in tower of providence and you have to jump off the part where the floor lifts up (youre supposed to run)...

:silver: Stupendous Scavenger

- same as Treasure Hunter, there are places in the map that even it is showing as mapped, if you didn't go to that place by yourself, the resource point will not be visible in you map... this happened to me, I am at the last dungeon and my resource point is showing 99.3% even I have 99.8% Mapped, found one RP in Forest of Spores, blocked by corals... btw... it seems that resource points in dungeons are somehow not missable compare to the Resource Point being shown in your main map.

Tips

- If you are somehow over-leveled (like me, thanks to spending time killing mini-bosses, e.g. the Giant Monkey, the Huge Dragon/Lizard near Selray), I recommend putting your party members be in Evasion Focus instead of focusing of Attack Focus (can be done using the rear touchpad, pinching in and pinching out) because while in Evasion Focus, your party members will not attack on enemy and will 100% attack the nearest Resource Point near them... Evasive Mode + Aeolus Vase FTW...

- If you are having trouble getting the Rare Item in the resource point (actually not needed to gain the trophy), you can composed your party with member with Slash (Adol or Frieda), Strike (Duren or Calilica) and Pierce (Karna or Ozma) to gain the Party Ability : Increase Rare Drop

:bronze: Jack of All Trades

- I am not sure if people are having trouble with this trophy(upon checking it is still very rare)... but I actually didn't have a problem with this one... So I am really thinking the reason why they are having trouble with this... here is the reasons I can think of... Unable to learn New Abilities or Unable to Master All Abilities. so I'll somehow tackle my solution for both reasons:

Unable to Learn New Abilities Tips

- On my game play, I almost got all the abilities did this while doing the Play Extensively as XXXX... If you are still having problems in learning new abilities, don't worry, just play the game until you reached the last dungeon, Iris, and put the party members that needs ability to be learned in your active party, kill some enemies and you'll learn new abilities within minutes... btw... all characters have 10 skills each except for Adol, who have 12.

Unable to Master All Abilities

here is very useful tip, https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2291-Ys-Memories-of-Celceta/12-Jack-of-All-Trades

Don't worry too much about this until you can make Skill Ring IV(it gives 4 for every skill used, for a total of 5 exp per use). You learn skills not just based on what level you are, but what you're fighting. The monsters have to be within a few levels of you in order to learn a skill. So if you're having trouble learning skills, go to the final dungeon and they should start popping like crazy. 
Also, each character has a total of 10 skills, except Adol, who has 12.

f0fce2.png ExHaseo on December 8th 2013

I've also found this thread also which is useful:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/11641-fast-skill-leveling-video-guide/unread/

:silver: Monster Meister 

I found this thread for Moster List:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/11525-monsterlist-please-help/

I compared this in my Monster list and I can guarantee that the list in the thread is correct... There are actually no missable "monster", the only tricky are: 2 bosses spawn monsters that can only be encountered during boss fights (Bami and Gadis) and the spores around the battlefield in boss battle against

I have 39/52 trophies earned in this game and I am only about to start the New Game+ in Nightmare Mode... So I myself somehow still needs some help with this   ^_^

Update 01/12: I have just finished Ancient Burrow (felt somehow dumb not remembering how to go to Comodo by foot.. curse you Gold Wings!!!)... current trophies: 47/52...
Update 01/22: oops forgot to update this one.. already platted the game days ago.. whew... great game yet somehow frustrating... >_<

Some things unclear or wrong? post below or if it is urgent, send me a message   ;)

Note: Might update this as soon as I have remembered or needed to change something..

Edited by jeieem
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm having trouble with the Adventurer trophy (the completed the main game one). I have gone through the first play through without it popping. Is there something else I need to do?

So the credits have rolled and it didn't unlock?

I would say reload your save and beat the game again and let the credits roll the whole way through. That is weird though o_O

So the credits have rolled and it didn't unlock?

I would say reload your save and beat the game again and let the credits roll the whole way through. That is weird though o_O

Yeah, exactly! It didn't unlock. It was weird. I guess I'll do that tomorrow and hope it unlocks. Thanks for the advice!

Okay, so I refreshed the PSN trophy list. And there it is!! I probs confused it with another trophy, but....I was so sure!!

Yeah, exactly! It didn't unlock. It was weird. I guess I'll do that tomorrow and hope it unlocks. Thanks for the advice!

Okay, so I refreshed the PSN trophy list. And there it is!! I probs confused it with another trophy, but....I was so sure!!

Well at least it unlocked ^_^

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Cool guide... I'm can't get Touche, Salesman .. dunno why. I've done the rest of the trophies so it should have poped when i got Philanthropist, but it didn't =S. 

might probably too late but as per checking your profile, you haven't platted it... have you tried the tip for this trophy:

This is earned through three different quests.

• The first one is for selling Iron Ore in Casnan. You have to haggle with him 3 times then sell. The total should be 6250.
  • The second one is from running the shop in Selray. Just pay attention to what he says to discount, and discount it. Also, make sure to buy a fruit for the little girl.
  • The last one is for selling Silver Ingot in Highland. You have to haggle with him until he offers a Hammer Beak. You'll know it's the right one because he'll say that he doesn't normally sell it in his shop.

After the third one, the trophy should pop.

the quests mentioned in quote are the following in respective order:

• Purchasing Iron Ore
  • Shopkeeper for a Day
  • Purchasing Silver

Philantrophist is unlocked by completing the all the quests/missions but in Touche Salesman, you have to specifically do above in specific mission to unlock the trophy...

hope it helps... ~_~