Game missing from PSN

TheMathProf

Just picked up this game for PS5, don't judge, and loaded it up, started playing, and got a trophy or two. Went to go look at the progress, and the game doesn't show up on my trophies list. The version I got was the '4k' version, but the game is just missing. If I click on the trophy notification, instead of taking me to the game's trophy list, it just takes me to the full list. How does a game break my mind and coding like this??

10 minutes ago, TheMathProf said:

Just picked up this game for PS5, don't judge, and loaded it up, started playing, and got a trophy or two. Went to go look at the progress, and the game doesn't show up on my trophies list. The version I got was the '4k' version, but the game is just missing. If I click on the trophy notification, instead of taking me to the game's trophy list, it just takes me to the full list. How does a game break my mind and coding like this??

PS5 doesn’t instant sync your trophies. If you take your console offline, you’ll see them because the console won’t try to show you only the trophies that have synced. You can try to manually sync or wait it out for your PS5 to sync itself. 

On 09/01/2022 at 6:35 PM, TheMathProf said:

Ah well, got it for cheap, away it goes until it gets fixed. At least I'm not crazy

Joindots have a bad reputation for not fixing non-syncing games when they're informed of them, therefore this might never get fixed :(. EDIT: That aged badly, the list for all the remaining non-syncing Joindots games are now syncing.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:03 AM, DaivRules said:

PS5 doesn’t instant sync your trophies. If you take your console offline, you’ll see them because the console won’t try to show you only the trophies that have synced. You can try to manually sync or wait it out for your PS5 to sync itself. 

Not true - the PS5 syncs instantly, as soon as you unlock them. If you want to force your console to sync, you go to the trophies, press Options, and tell it to sync with PSN.

However, the issue with this game was that the trophies simply weren't activated on PSN. But, I emailed them the other week telling them this and today they've enabled the trophy lists for Dracula, Summer Sports and Winter Sports. So, everyone should be able to sync their games as normal now. All you have to do is go to your trophy lists and wait about 30 seconds, it should then sync with the servers and update the list on here (although you may need to 'update' your profile on here once you see the list on the PS5.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Not true - the PS5 syncs instantly, as soon as you unlock them.

We have a lot of people here (dozens of threads by now) who have experiences that say that's not 100% consistent. Trophies will be earned and shown when the console goes offline, but will not have been synced instantly, as soon as they're unlocked.

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

We have a lot of people here (dozens of threads by now) who have experiences that say that's not 100% consistent. Trophies will be earned and shown when the console goes offline, but will not have been synced instantly, as soon as they're unlocked.

The people saying that are experiencing the same thing - the game hasn't had its trophies activated on PSN yet. This is becoming more frequent these days as smaller developers either forget or don't realise they have to manually enable the trophies either before or on the release day. That's why the trophies show when you're offline - because they are unlocking on the console but can't sync with PSN due to there being not to sync with. 

However, should the trophies be live (a simple way to check is if the game is live on here and Exophase - including the correct region) then the trophies will sync up with PSN as soon as you unlock them on your console. They may not reflect on this site straight away, as this site only scans your profile every now and again - so you may have to manually update it on here, but PSN is officially updated as you unlock them.

A lot of people don't realise or understand that the trophies have to be live on the server. The easiest fix is to reach out to the developer and/or publisher on Twitter (if they have an active account) and inform them that they have to enable the trophies on PSN so they can be synced. Once they've done that, it usually takes about 24-48 hours to show up and allow the process to go through. However, this isn't a fault or issue with the console, it's simply an oversight on the publisher's end.

As I have a review website, I monitor the trophies of the games I cover. If they're not live on release day, I'll send a few emails to the PR I'm dealing with and get them to push the publishers to enable them. If I see threads on here with people saying the list isn't live, I'll also dig through my contacts and send a few emails. However, considering how many gamers use this website, it's impossible to tell everyone what the issue is, so a lot think it's an issue with the PS5 or PS4 - which it isn't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

However, should the trophies be live (a simple way to check is if the game is live on here and Exophase - including the correct region) then the trophies will sync up with PSN as soon as you unlock them on your console. They may not reflect on this site straight away, as this site only scans your profile every now and again - so you may have to manually update it on here, but PSN is officially updated as you unlock them.

There is a sync-bug that can occur, where you'll get the trophy notification, but the trophy will not be synced yet. That means if you are online, the trophy will fail to register as earned. You either have to switch to offline, or wait till the sync issue is resolved, to see the correct state of the trophy list.

But that was not the case here, the list simply wasn't live and the issue is resolved now.

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

The people saying that are experiencing the same thing - the game hasn't had its trophies activated on PSN yet. This is becoming more frequent these days as smaller developers either forget or don't realise they have to manually enable the trophies either before or on the release day. That's why the trophies show when you're offline - because they are unlocking on the console but can't sync with PSN due to there being not to sync with. 

I’ll just go ahead and tag you the next time the trophy list is indeed available here, they’ve earned a trophy for that list and their PS5 doesn’t instantly sync. 

On 9.1.2022 at 9:23 PM, HuntingFever said:

Joindots have a bad reputation for not fixing non-syncing games when they're informed of them, therefore this might never get fixed :(. EDIT: That aged badly, the list for all the remaining non-syncing Joindots games are now syncing.

That’s weird lol

I messaged them a few times months ago, and they uploaded the ps5 lists 1 day after this thread.

Maybe they read the comments here haha