When to do the DLC?

bikeman223

In my opinion, I suggest you go for all DLC first

1) Episode Gladiolus,

2) Episode Prompto,

3) Episode Ignis,

4) Multiplayer Expansion

5) Episode Ardyn

so, when you hop into the main game, you will have all the DLC weapons/outfits carried over.

Basically, you just equip the DLC weapon which gives you boost damage on warp strike, and Ardyn broadsword(highest str in the game), and later on the sword of father + sword of (i forgot what is that something gives you str), you will have all 9999 damage dealing with warp strike, which makes you farm AP real quick, and that possible to learn most of the useful skills that can help in your adventure.

both of the DLC can be done in gameplay, don't worry about that. Except for collectible of the datalog, which you must try to collect everything collectible on Chapter 13(if you don't pick up every datalog here, then you must complete all the hidden dungeon which waste a lot of time because one of the dungeons have 100+floor)

If you collect every *missable* datalog on chapter 13, then you use Umbra time travel back to Eos and collect every datalog there, you will just only need to finish (maybe) 3 dungeons to have 80% datalog collect and get the most frustrating trophy.

The hidden dungeons are called menace dungeons, which no map shows, and some floor gives you 2~3 door to proceed, only 1 take you to the next floor, the others lead you to a fight and you must backtrack and find the next door. Every 10 floors you will find another datalog, for the 100floors dungeon I mentioned. Usually, you will take 2 hours+ inside, and that dungeons are the hardest one, which you don't regen/potion doesn't heal you. you only get heal with camp in every 10 floors.

Edited by immaxiboy5473

15 minutes ago, immaxiboy5473 said:

so, when you hop into the main game, you will have all the DLC weapons/outfits carried over.

Basically, you just equip the DLC weapon which gives you boost damage on warp strike, and Ardyn broadsword(highest str in the game), and later on the sword of father + sword of (i forgot what is that something gives you str), you will have all 9999 damage dealing with warp strike, which makes you farm AP real quick, and that possible to learn most of the useful skills that can help in your adventure.

both of the DLC can be done in gameplay, don't worry about that. Except for collectible of the datalog, which you must try to collect everything collectible on Chapter 13(if you don't pick up every datalog here, then you must complete all the hidden dungeon which waste a lot of time because one of the dungeons have 100+floor)

Thanks, I'll look up a video guide for the datalogs so I don't miss anything. I'm not sure about the order to play the episodes first, I'll look up the DLC weapons/outfits to decide. 

Edited by bikeman223

51 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Thanks, I'll look up a video guide for the datalogs so I don't miss anything. I'm not sure about the order to play the episodes first, I'll look up the DLC weapons/outfits to decide. 

Ardyn DLC give you a broadsword, the others three dlc give the three teamate weapons which really high in damage, you can deal 9999damage with their assist attack, and also unlock their perspective ultimate attack(cost 3 ATB, when you take control over them), and their dlc outfit (better stat)

I think story doesn't matter if you play main story first or dlc, if you play dlc first when you reach the scene in main story you will have better understanding.

If you play main game first, most probably you will confused what is their intention at the moment, then when you played the dlc you will realized“Oh!!"

But to be honest, only Episode Ignis is something related to main story which you must know what happened, and Episode Ardyn will change your view on this story behind.

Episode Gladiolus and prompto is like an optional, nothing really important telling.