Game still active in 2022?

Paperclip1776

I got this game on PS+ last year but never played it.  I'm not sure the realism and patience is for me but I thought I'd give it a try if there's still a strong community playing it.  Unfortunately, my overall completion percentage is crap so if I don't end up getting all/most of the trophies I'm ok with it.  I'm an older gamer with a wife and kids and only have a limited time to play each week. 

If someone has any recent insight to this games popularity or other advice, it would be great to know.  Thank you.

• Like 1

It still seems fairly active to me. The main issue you might have is some matches last an hour and a half so I mostly only really play when the wife and kids have went to bed. I have never had an issue finding a match at various times of day though. Very much a communication focused game but I'm enjoying it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, neverConcede said:

It still seems fairly active to me. The main issue you might have is some matches last an hour and a half so I mostly only really play when the wife and kids have went to bed. I have never had an issue finding a match at various times of day though. Very much a communication focused game but I'm enjoying it.

Appreciate your response, thank you!  It's great that you pointed out that the matches could last longer than a typical shooter, thanks for that too.

22 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

I got this game on PS+ last year but never played it.  I'm not sure the realism and patience is for me but I thought I'd give it a try if there's still a strong community playing it.  Unfortunately, my overall completion percentage is crap so if I don't end up getting all/most of the trophies I'm ok with it.  I'm an older gamer with a wife and kids and only have a limited time to play each week. 

If someone has any recent insight to this games popularity or other advice, it would be great to know.  Thank you.

From what I have seen (which isn't much) you need to talk to your squad and follow orders because this isn't a game to play like a lone-wolf. Winning relies on communication and teamwork. 

I also recommend starting out with the Rifleman class. It's the easiest to use for starters. Good luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SP71Q said:

From what I have seen (which isn't much) you need to talk to your squad and follow orders because this isn't a game to play like a lone-wolf. Winning relies on communication and teamwork. 

I also recommend starting out with the Rifleman class. It's the easiest to use for starters. Good luck!

Great feedback, thank you!  Sounds like communication is required in order to win/properly play the game.  Appreciate the help!

• Like 1

I played the game during the Closed and Open Beta, and for the first 2 months or so after the game was released on PS Plus so I might be able to help you.

The biggest thing is communication. There will be times when you join a squad and most of the people will be talking and therefore attacking or defending objectives a lot more easier and the game more fun. Then there are times when no one talks, which from my experience has been 80% and it takes away the fun. I mean if half the other team communicates and no one on your team doesn't, then you are very likely gonna lose most of your matches. Most players that do communicate will use the in game system, so if you can help it, try to avoid playing in Party chat. 

I would suggest try to avoid playing as the Officer and Commander role until you get some gameplay under your belt or at the least look up YouTube gameplay of those roles because you have to balance working with 5 others players plus coordinating with the Commander as a Officer or potentially multiples squads when you are trying to communicate how best to work a objective if you play as the Commander.

If you play as a Tanker, it is best to work as a full team. If you are a driver, the way to drive the tank is switch to first gear and accelerate and as you hit your high RPMs limit, then switch gears by pushing up on the D Pad and it will switch to second. Just to that until you reach 4th gear which is your max. If you RPMs drop while in a selected gear while making a turn, you are gonna have to repeat the process to gain speed. The tank commander doesn't have any guns to use but does have the best view on looking out at the enemy and you can mark enemy infantry or armour for your gunner to engage. HE shells work best against infantry and trucks while AP works best against Tanks or armored cars.

There are two game modes that are available, Offensive and Warfare. Offensive is what it sounds like, the attacking teams job is to take all of the objectives from the defending teams one after another. Once the attacking team has taken the objective, the defending team cannot retake that objective. Warfare is fighting over a objective until all or a majority are taken by a team within the time frame. Team can attack or counter attack to reclaim that objective. When you load into a match, check to see which you are playing. I have been in games where a entire squad to a few players thought they were playing Warfare when it was actually Offensive and just stayed in enemy territory while other squads were trying to defend the current objective from attackers.

Some final bit of advice, you can't swim. If the river or canals looks too deep, you will likely drown. Got to find the right places to cross. Also, you can't go through barbed wire, as a infantry man, but you can drive through it with a vehicle or tank. Finally, if you play as Anti-Tank, a sure way to destroy a tank is by hitting it in the rear with two shots with the Bazooka or Panzerschreck. Hitting a tank in the side works but hitting it in the rear is how you kill them the quickest. 

Hope this helps. Be sure to look at Field Manual in the main menu of the game if you have other questions or unsure of something. Most importantly have fun.

Helpful Hell Let Loose Videos:

Hell Let Loose on PS5 and Xbox! HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ylywWy4s0 

Hell Let Loose - !!NEW!! GUIDE to EVERYTHING (Update 10) [2021]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaY27yiOPPA

Edited by Jermster_91
Added more information
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jermster_91 said:

I played the game during the Closed and Open Beta, and for the first 2 months or so after the game was released on PS Plus so I might be able to help you.

The biggest thing is communication. There will be times when you join a squad and most of the people will be talking and therefore attacking or defending objectives a lot more easier and the game more fun. Then there are times when no one talks, which from my experience has been 80% and it takes away the fun. I mean if half the other team communicates and no one on your team doesn't, then you are very likely gonna lose most of your matches. Most players that do communicate will use the in game system, so if you can help it, try to avoid playing in Party chat. 

I would suggest try to avoid playing as the Officer and Commander role until you get some gameplay under your belt or at the least look up YouTube gameplay of those roles because you have to balance working with 5 others players plus coordinating with the Commander as a Officer or potentially multiples squads when you are trying to communicate how best to work a objective if you play as the Commander.

If you play as a Tanker, it is best to work as a full team. If you are a driver, the way to drive the tank is switch to first gear and accelerate and as you hit your high RPMs limit, then switch gears by pushing up on the D Pad and it will switch to second. Just to that until you reach 4th gear which is your max. If you RPMs drop while in a selected gear while making a turn, you are gonna have to repeat the process to gain speed. The tank commander doesn't have any guns to use but does have the best view on looking out at the enemy and you can mark enemy infantry or armour for your gunner to engage. HE shells work best against infantry and trucks while AP works best against Tanks or armored cars.

There are two game modes that are available, Offensive and Warfare. Offensive is what it sounds like, the attacking teams job is to take all of the objectives from the defending teams one after another. Once the attacking team has taken the objective, the defending team cannot retake that objective. Warfare is fighting over a objective until all or a majority are taken by a team within the time frame. Team can attack or counter attack to reclaim that objective. When you load into a match, check to see which you are playing. I have been in games where a entire squad to a few players thought they were playing Warfare when it was actually Offensive and just stayed in enemy territory while other squads were trying to defend the current objective from attackers.

Some final bit of advice, you can't swim. If the river or canals looks too deep, you will likely drown. Got to find the right places to cross. Also, you can't go through barbed wire, as a infantry man, but you can drive through it with a vehicle or tank. Finally, if you play as Anti-Tank, a sure way to destroy a tank is by hitting it in the rear with two shots with the Bazooka or Panzerschreck. Hitting a tank in the side works but hitting it in the rear is how you kill them the quickest. 

Hope this helps. Be sure to look at Field Manual in the main menu of the game if you have other questions or unsure of something. Most importantly have fun.

Helpful Hell Let Loose Videos:

Hell Let Loose on PS5 and Xbox! HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ylywWy4s0 

Hell Let Loose - !!NEW!! GUIDE to EVERYTHING (Update 10) [2021]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaY27yiOPPA

Awesome amount of details that are very helpful, thank you!  This game seems to be more complex (and fun) as I continue to receive feedback.  Sounds like you have several roles you can play and there's two game modes.  Thanks again for the details, appreciate it.

19 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Awesome amount of details that are very helpful, thank you!  This game seems to be more complex (and fun) as I continue to receive feedback.  Sounds like you have several roles you can play and there's two game modes.  Thanks again for the details, appreciate it.

No problem.

PS5Trophies listed this as the 8th Hardest Platinum of 2021. It is not difficult just time consuming. 100 Hours minimum probably to get all the trophies for the platinum.

I would still be playing Hell Let Loose if I had a group of friends or a core group to play with because I found it a little depressing that you would join a random squad and no one was talking and would leave to find a more talkative squad just to not find any during a match. Considering the developers of the game plan to add more stuff into the game in the future, including the Russians and Eastern Front maps,  there may be a day when they have server browser and will have Mic exclusive servers.

Edited by Jermster_91

I got the plat in 55 hours. You can boost node trophies with a friend and vehicles can be farmed in enemy spawns.

The game features console cross play, has fairly large community and has been recently bought out by the publisher Team 17 so it's most likely going to keep getting updates in the upcoming years.

• Like 2

Yes the game is still active.. Especially when you factor in cross-play between PS4, PS5 and the Xbox consoles..

Cross-play between consoles is going to keep many games active for longer than they would usually be. Just for the simple fact that we have the ability to connect with more players now. In that regard of things cross-play has changed the industry.. The MP components on games won't fizzle out as fast nowadays.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:36 PM, JayBizzle311 said:

Yes the game is still active.. Especially when you factor in cross-play between PS4, PS5 and the Xbox consoles..

Cross-play between consoles is going to keep many games active for longer than they would usually be. Just for the simple fact that we have the ability to connect with more players now. In that regard of things cross-play has changed the industry.. The MP components on games won't fizzle out as fast nowadays.

The game is not available on past Gen consoles such as the PS4 or Xbox One. Trust me, if it was, I would try to convince my best friend to buy it so that way, we could have another game to play other than Call of Duty.