Just cause 3 has it been fixed?

a10j12

Hey everyone back in about 2019 I downloaded just cause 3 and played it. After it’s introduction it brought me to a infinite loading screen then I restarted it and thankfully it didn’t happen again.

However that was one of the few problems I had the frame rate would completely tank anytime there was explosions which is stuff your supposed to do on this game. I ended up deleting it after the game kept on crashing when I was doing a time trail. It would just keep crashing when I completed it. It might not sound like much but all this was in the first hour and just made me go if this is how it is then I’m not going to bother. Then I looked online and it turned out that was the case. It’s been years since I last tried it and a lot more years since release. Since then I gotten the PS4 pro and have started wondering should I give it another go has this stuff been fixed or at least improved since? 

From my personal experience playing it, there are still frame drops whenever too much's happening on the screen. Now, they never bothered me too much since it's not a humongous drop and I've never really cared about frames and whatnot anyway, but they'll probably bother you depending on your tolerance towards it. Had no issues with infinite loading screens or outright crashes, although I did have two freezes - seems to randomly happen when hovering over Insula Dracon challenges in the map, as both happened under the same circumstances. Played on a base PS4, BTW.

So yeah, I personally would give it a try - but it's still not a technical masterpiece by any means.

Edited by Eagle

10 hours ago, a10j12 said:

Hey everyone back in about 2019 I downloaded just cause 3 and played it. After it’s introduction it brought me to a infinite loading screen then I restarted it and thankfully it didn’t happen again.

However that was one of the few problems I had the frame rate would completely tank anytime there was explosions which is stuff your supposed to do on this game. I ended up deleting it after the game kept on crashing when I was doing a time trail. It would just keep crashing when I completed it. It might not sound like much but all this was in the first hour and just made me go if this is how it is then I’m not going to bother. Then I looked online and it turned out that was the case. It’s been years since I last tried it and a lot more years since release. Since then I gotten the PS4 pro and have started wondering should I give it another go has this stuff been fixed or at least improved since? 

most probably not, although your experience is not what most players had to endure.

Yeah, JC3 was poorly optimized and iirc there's a memory leak, meaning the framerate drops become worse during extended play.

Still, I really enjoyed the game. It starts off kind of weak, but once you have access to the upgraded wingsuit, high tier weapons and helicopters it becomes absolutely bonkers.

I do recall people saying it runs better on PS4 Pro in boost mode.

12 hours ago, a10j12 said:

I did plat on the pro not long ago. I had a glitch that caused me to restart the whole game. it's a royal pain in the ass, but it's quite rewarding, challenges are anyway. if you can finish the base game without even installing the dlc. and do the dlc after the plat.