New game+; ultra hard + missing dlc trophies?

cybershark91

Hello fellow trophie hunters.

I played and platinumed horizon quite some time ago. Now with the sequel coming up I plan to go back to horizon zero dawn and tackle the new game+ playthrough combined with ultra hard difficulty. 
I now have the following problem, I still have lot‘s of missing dlc trophies which I would like to get on the way, too. What are your thoughts about grabbing the missing trophies in a new game + ultra hard run? Is it recommended to do the trophies in an old run first? Or is it possible to finish the new game + on ultra hard and start afterwards another new game+ run on a;easier difficulty for the dlc? How far into the story is it possible to visit the dlc?

my main concern is that I haven‘t played this game in such a long time, I have no idea about the controls and fights anymore xD right now it would be probably impossible for me to get the missing dlc stuff.

any ideas would be welcome. 

Edited by cybershark91

When the sequel was announced I decided to 100% the game on the hardest difficulty. This was challenging but nothing too difficult main story wise I remember having some trouble with red maw but that’s about.

The dlc however was damn near impossible the main story of it was hard enough but those challenges were what made it almost impossible. It was however really satisfying to get everything done though so I’d definitely recommend giving it a go. Also you can enter the dlc the moment you leave the nora lands

Definitely complete the DLC first. Get readjusted to the game before jumping into ultra-hard and spend the time to stock up on resources before starting the ultra-hard playthrough since the merchant prices are very expensive on ultra-hard. You need A LOT of resources since the enemies take absurd amounts of damage and you need to constantly be maxed out with health potions as well. Also the weapons you get from the DLC are more powerful and will definitely make ultra-hard mode easier. 

Ultra-hard mode isn't that bad if you have the shield weaver armor, it would be truly ultra-hard without that armor. It allows you to take an extra 2-3 hits and the shield recharges automatically. Without it, you die in like 3 hits which can happen in one shot by the more powerful enemies. Tearblast, fire and precision arrows are a must but my main weapon of choice was the blast shot. Very helpful when you get overwhelmed by enemies, just start lobbing them everywhere, very effective. And just keep running and dodging and you'll get through 95% of the game easily, many fights you can just skip right past. The last mission is the only real hard part as you have a time limit to take down the last deathbringer but there's a checkpoint halfway through the fight so you don't have to re-do all 12 minutes of the fight if you die or fail. That was the only time I struggled and failed 3 times before I finally brought it down with like 10 seconds to spare.