Now this does not look horrendous at all...

meterano7

4 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

As fair as I think it is for a consumer to critique a product, 'horrendous' is extreme hyperbole. This game doesn't look bad at all, given some of the utter trash we periodically see.

I mean yea, compared to the 5min plat games basically every game shines 

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Talk is cheap. People are their only barrier to entry for making games. Let’s see what you can make. 

More isn't always better.  I'm not a developer, but surely some QA should be applied.  The sound/voice was indeed terrible at the very least 

Would you like to go to the grocery store and see rotting meat for sale next to prime rib?  

Turned off the trailer after 2 minutes

"KEYELLOWW"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Talk is cheap. People are their only barrier to entry for making games. Let’s see what you can make. 

Sure but like... what the fuck is this? 

There is no audio in this game other than a massive bang which gave me a heart attack the first time I heard it and also Text-To-Speech saying what item you picked up. This game looks awful and I don't even want to know what the original game looks like if this is considered a remaster.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

More isn't always better.  I'm not a developer, but surely some QA should be applied.  The sound/voice was indeed terrible at the very least 

Would you like to go to the grocery store and see rotting meat for sale next to prime rib?  

Turned off the trailer after 2 minutes

"KEYELLOWW"

Okay, but that's irrelevant to the argument originally made: "I can do better." One more new game that someone else can compare to this game is one more option people have and it's up to them if it's "better" or not.

In this case, "more" could be better, if they put out a game that people like.

Just because Harlequin publishes 16 new romance novels every two weeks , doesn't mean more, new fantasy or non-fiction novels don't make things better.

Spoiler

Assuming people generally aren't into romance novels. There's some great character arcs going on in a couple storylines.

6 hours ago, Nitro said:

Sure but like... what the fuck is this? 

There is no audio in this game other than a massive bang which gave me a heart attack the first time I heard it and also Text-To-Speech saying what item you picked up. This game looks awful and I don't even want to know what the original game looks like if this is considered a remaster.

You aren't wrong. My point is just if someone is going to claim they can do better, let's see it.

7 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

That's if you're assuming OP was making a serious claim.  I read it as an offhand joke about low quality/sub par developers (note: big difference between that and indie) putting trash (for lack of a better word) on what's supposed to be the new cutting edge ps console/platform.

Which is what I meant to say, thank you.

5 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

I look forward to whatever ground-breaking PS5 game you intend to make, but until then, keep the bold claims to yourself mmkay?

I can't create a proper game, which is why I don't try to sell one lol

• Like 2

On 13/01/2022 at 11:23 AM, DaivRules said:

Okay, but that's irrelevant to the argument originally made: "I can do better."

Dude... this wasn't even an argument, how did you manage to understand this as an argument on the OP's part, and not just a satirical way of speaking? in fact, it takes an enormous amount of mental effort to get the point wrong as massively as you did.

10 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Dude... this wasn't even an argument, how did you manage to understand this as an argument on the OP's part, and not just a satirical way of speaking? in fact, it takes an enormous amount of mental effort to get the point wrong as massively as you did.

Or just reading the single sentence in the opening post literally as written. 

But any excuse you can find to poke, right?

4 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

And it's only the first part to a trilogy smh

Probably the remaster is just a way to launder money (irony, before anyone gets me wrong)

4 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

And it's only the first part to a trilogy smh

Probably the remaster is just a way to launder money (irony, before anyone gets me wrong)

Just now, StygianWolf4 said:

That is possible, but I'm surprised we haven't seen a Money Laundering Simulator game yet come to think of it.

Better Call Saul: The Game

• 4 months later...

I just jumped on to see what people were saying about this. It certainly looks ‘unique’.

If I’m being honest, for a small price, I’d have picked it up. But £25 here in the UK feels insane for this.

That being said, I’ve not played it, and I’m only going by what I’ve seen of people playing the PC version.

Yet, I still feel compelled to buy it if it goes on sale. I don’t know why, likely because not many people have it, I love those strange niche games, that nobody ever touches. Albeit, for the most part the ones I get are enjoyable, just not well known.

Still, from what I’ve seen of the PC gameplay, this certainly isn’t going to be winning any awards, and I just find it baffling that they even remade this game. I believe somebody already said it, if this is the remake, I’d love to see the original.

Either way, it’s in my wishlist. If it ever drops Below £5-£8 I’ll grab it, if only for a laugh.

• Like 1