spookymanlego

Discs make the PS5 loud

11 posts in this topic

I have been playing some PS4 games on my PS5 and it's really loud for whatever reason, it's making really weird noises and don't want my discs to get strached. 

Anyone else facing this issue or know ways to reduce the noise or is this something I have to live with

It used to be much louder until they updated to make it a lot quieter.

Is it making the noises often or only when you put the disc in then after every hour or so? If so that's normal.

9/10 of my discs play quiet and easy, but some are super loud on their first spin up after inserting them or coming out of rest mode. None of them are damaged though.

Edited by communistwookiee

Pretty much the exact reason I got the digital edition, my PS4 Pro had such a loud disc drive (when it would spin). Sorry to hear that didn't change in the PS5.

Just now, Skurkitty said:

Accidently quoted myself instead of editing, whoops.

Edited by Skurkitty

Mine does this from time to time, it sounds like the disc is wobbling...

I just turn it off and on again and adjust its position slightly.

Edited by JavaNext

It could be the vibrations from covers or stand.

If you have the console in horizontal position, make sure the stand is installed correctly. You can also test this easily when the disc is spinning by holding the console firmly with your hands. If the noise is reduced, it’s caused by vibrations.

52 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

It used to be much louder until they updated to make it a lot quieter.

Is it making the noises often or only when you put the disc in then after every hour or so? If so that's normal.

Its every so often and when I put it in, glad to know its normal, thanks

25 minutes ago, HusKy said:

It could be the vibrations from covers or stand.

If you have the console in horizontal position, make sure the stand is installed correctly. You can also test this easily when the disc is spinning by holding the console firmly with your hands. If the noise is reduced, it’s caused by vibrations.

Ya I have it in horizontal, i will test it tomorrow and see if that fixes it, thanks

Thanks for everyone who repyed

Mine sound like a helicopter for the first 20 seconds after booting up the console or any game. After that i can't even hear the disc reader.

Could the noise be related to the fan spinning? I believe the PS5 has three different brands of fans depending on where is was manufactured. One manufacturer tends to be louder than the other.

Edited by MrTrofyHunter

I just followed this video and my disc drive is now atleast 40% quieter. It made a world of difference. I no longer think the PS5 will eat the disc.

Was a very easy fix.

Edited by Quink666