Note to people with multiple PS4s/PS5s trying to boost this game

POEman553

The idle timer is completely broken and is absolute shit. It tells you that you have '30 seconds' before you idle out but it's less than that (more like 25 seconds before it idles out). If it goes to idle timer twice, it will automatically kick you back to the menu and your character will switch to AI. Roll_7 didn't know what tf they were doing with this.

Which forces you to work with multiple people, all trying to get their stuff done before the shutdown.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Rubberband the thumbsticks not an option?

It causes more problems than it's worth. If you move the sticks in any direction or rubberband them into place, the character will move towards a node and will activate the nodes and you'll have to avoid them and not die.

I'll get some rubberbands and try it, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

This was meant to be an e-sports game.  Alts are useless and the grind is real.  Also both guides are wrong in two ways....

1. It's like a minimum of 70 real life hours to grind out the requirements for the plat.  Not 25 or 35.  This takes into account the load times, each replay after each point, the taunts after each point.  Oh.. the load times... the load times....

Also, she searching for an optimal map (we spent over 2 hours one day doing so).

70 hours is a low estimate, expect it to go maybe a little longer.

2. Both guides explicitly screw up the information given for "All Rounder" you need to have two chevrons for your mastery on each class.  Not 3.

I'd advise against wasting your time with this game.  It is really low on fun and was one of my first boosts that felt like it was a true  chore.  

Apologies for derailing this... back to the topic.  The idle or repeat detection on this game is brutal.  Rubber banding won't work either.  If your alt gets kicked... not only does the AI ruin your boost but in order to team back up again you lose the map you fought so hard to find in the first place possibly adding hours to your boost to get a decent map again.

I did not enjoy.  Would not recommend.

Edited by BlackJudas
  • Like 3

Personally, I'm using an alt to help boost with my team and it's really not that bad. I always ask an opposing team member to trigger a laser node and take him out so there's no trouble for me. I'm actually enjoying this game and glad I got around to play it before the servers close. My team have not had too much problems with using any maps to boost either but I know some can be annoying.

As for the afk timer, I always move myself and my alt in all directions every 5-10 seconds and haven't been kicked yet for inactivity. It is a fairly long grind but not as much as some of the other plats out there in my opinion.

You have to play so many matches to get to prestige that I have had a ton of success just completing challenges vs the AI. I have been making progress on both without the headache of organizing and co-coordinating with other people. It's definitely a longer grind then guides suggest, but just throw on a podcast and it flies by.

Currently at ~22 hours total time (including loading etc), level 20, all classes at 2 rank, working on Blade rank 4.

Edited by MrHealthy

Gonna chime in and say that since you can use both sticks for movement and of course, skills are mapped to both triggers and bumpers, it's entitely possible to control both you and an alt by yourself with the only issue being the lag for one of them (unless you can manage to look at two screens at once and also have two screens set up in the first place). Managed fairly fine when playing against AI and randos on a few occasions this way.

Edited by Walt the Dog

I boost with a friend in 2 vs 2, we both have a dummy account for the opposite team

I know it's boring cause you have to be moving your other account a lot, sometimes you fail and get a bot, but it's still really easily doable to manage 2 pads at same time ^^ 

Just move a little to the left and a little to the right, and you are good ^^

But yeah for this one sadly rubberbanding is not an option :/ 

8 hours ago, BlackJudas said:

This was meant to be an e-sports game.  Alts are useless and the grind is real.  Also both guides are wrong in two ways....

1. It's like a minimum of 70 real life hours to grind out the requirements for the plat.  Not 25 or 35.  This takes into account the load times, each replay after each point, the taunts after each point.  Oh.. the load times... the load times....

Also, she searching for an optimal map (we spent over 2 hours one day doing so).

70 hours is a low estimate, expect it to go maybe a little longer.

2. Both guides explicitly screw up the information given for "All Rounder" you need to have two chevrons for your mastery on each class.  Not 3.

I'd advise against wasting your time with this game.  It is really low on fun and was one of my first boosts that felt like it was a true  chore.  

Apologies for derailing this... back to the topic.  The idle or repeat detection on this game is brutal.  Rubber banding won't work either.  If your alt gets kicked... not only does the AI ruin your boost but in order to team back up again you lose the map you fought so hard to find in the first place possibly adding hours to your boost to get a decent map again.

I did not enjoy.  Would not recommend.

I call bullshit on that one.

If you people didn't spend 70% of your time trying to circumvent the way the game is meant to be played, you would have progressed much more.

It took me around 28 hours to get the platinum with zero boosting, playing against random humans and AI.

And this is included many hours of just messing around in the game and trying fun things, instead of focusing on the trophies.

It can be done faster.

I recommend Thief for the level 5 mastery rank when you are soloing.

The only thing which seems challenging at first, is the 3 nodes you have to steal in one ability, 300 times. 

Use extended loadout for longer duration obviously. 

I was writing down each map and how many times I stole 3 nodes to see how to be most efficient. 

Top 4 maps:
Al Shama Stadium - Slingshot (44)
Estadio New Motion - Blink (17)
Estadio New Motion - Jennifer (14)
Al Shama Stadium - Vexation (7)

All maps I played while grinding:

Al Shama Stadium - Singularity (3)
Al Shama Stadium - Chevron (0)
Al Shama Stadium - Slingshot (44)
Al Shama Stadium - Vexation (7)
Geng Hao Megaplex - Crossfire (0)
Geng Hao Megaplex - Battleground (4)
Geng Hao Megaplex - Crusher (0)
Geng Hao Megaplex - Warzone (0)
Geng Hao Megaplex - Ricochet (0)
Estadio New Motion - Jennifer (14)
Estadio New Motion - Spiral (0)
Estadio New Motion - Spiral (1)
Estadio New Motion - Matchsticks (0)
Estadio New Motion - Blink (17)
Beyond Sanctuary - Waka (1)
Beyond Sanctuary - Tube (0)
Beyond Sanctuary - Supernova (0)
Empire Campus - Arrowhead (0)
Empire Campus - Nice Club (0)
Empire Campus - Wrapgame (0)
Empire Campus - Spin Cycle (0)
Empire Campus - Gauntlet (0)
Silvertip Arena - Rotator (0)
Silvertip Arena - Carousel (0)
Silvertip Arena - Turbine (0)
Silvertip Arena - Ycontrol (0)
Silvertip Arena - Prime (0)

Every trophy should be easily available through natural progression before you get the trophy for prestige 1, and the list above can save you many hours. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

You have to play so many matches to get to prestige that I have had a ton of success just completing challenges vs the AI. I have been making progress on both without the headache of organizing and co-coordinating with other people. It's definitely a longer grind then guides suggest, but just throw on a podcast and it flies by.

Currently at ~22 hours total time (including loading etc), level 20, all classes at 2 rank, working on Blade rank 4.

Hi there! I've seen you a few times in public matches

To give you an idea, I'm trying to manage THREE dummy accounts (one on 1 PS4, the other two on 2 PS5s) along with my regular account on my PS4 Pro and I'm struggling. I haven't been too happy with the times I've played it due to that. It's actually been stressful. I've had help but I really wish you could set the idle timer to over a minute or to infinite.

managing 3 alts when the game has a 30second idle timer is going to be a pain of course, you could probably do better in public matches for the most part.

Also the guy who said 70 hours must have terrible boosting mates, I think it would take 40 legit and 35 boosting in a 4.

15 minutes ago, jpwbjpwb said:

managing 3 alts when the game has a 30second idle timer is going to be a pain of course, you could probably do better in public matches for the most part.

Also the guy who said 70 hours must have terrible boosting mates, I think it would take 40 legit and 35 boosting in a 4.

Given that the servers are pretty much dead and there's a deluge of people on this site who all want the Platinum, 70 hours to a fair estimate. You have to get your stuff done then help the other person (or people) who want their stuff done. By the time you're done, the desire not to help is strong. The challenges and grind to Prestige 1 is just tedious.

My experience trying this game legit and with bots hasn't been good either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpwbjpwb said:

Maybe wait until you have the Platinum before commenting on the total time required? This game can easily take over 50 hours to complete. Like @POEman553 said, part of this time might be dedicated to helping others in your group.

This game is not too bad to do solo. A few trophies and challenges are much easier to get done in a boost.

I would not even bother doing alt accounts as that's more pain than it's worth. There's currently so many boosting groups happening, you can easily join one.

Easier to play it solo than with alts at the same time.

70 hours is waaaaay to much. I platinumed this game with 6 friends few days ago and we were able to tackle this game let me say in 25 hours? My ingame time was 20 hours ( I was the last guy who got the platinum) and we could do it way faster but those blocks challenges were the reason why we took so long. FOR FUTURE PLAYERS: I highly recommend to Master Rank Level 5 the Thief class and NOT The Blade class because of those damn blocks.

• Like 1

My group's got the revive blocks down pat. Trick seems to be that for the blade you want the revive to SUCCEED, i.e. you cut the reviving player down just as he revives the first. This works out well in that in 2v2 you can switch back and forth between dead and living players. With this method you can easily get 20-30 revive blocks in a single match (or more if you want to tempt network error fate).

For smash you want the revive to FAIL, i.e. you smash the reviving player away just before he actually gets a revive. Since the smash is non lethal it's easier in some ways.

Using these methods I got All-rounder in just a few days and I'm currently only 20 or so round wins from being at tier 4/5 on my blade, at which point all I will need is 100 more round wins, kill streaks, and 2+ kills w/o missing, all of which are grindy but easy.

I find the game enjoyable so far.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

70 hours is waaaaay to much. I platinumed this game with 6 friends few days ago and we were able to tackle this game let me say in 25 hours? My ingame time was 20 hours ( I was the last guy who got the platinum) and we could do it way faster but those blocks challenges were the reason why we took so long. FOR FUTURE PLAYERS: I highly recommend to Master Rank Level 5 the Thief class and NOT The Blade class because of those damn blocks.

I think now that we know how to boost blocks for Thief, I'd recommend Thief class.

The opponent needs to run towards their dead teammate for it to count.

Also want to add why you need to keep finding a new map to fit. Just play any map you get as most will fit anything you're boosting anyway. If you have 4/6 people that can cooperate.

Edited by kevinyang82

Having wasted 10+ hours trying to do revival blocks, out of the almost 100+ attempts, I only managed to get 6 blocks for Smash character class. Anything online about revival blocks is wildly inconsistent and it seemingly happens without a rhyme or reason.

Even with people paying attention and trying to help, this game is nearly impossible to do. The lag nearly breaks it, people will just disconnect through no fault of their own and their character will start walking without touching anything resulting in network error, the maps apparently are never good enough to get anything done, the works.

If you're reading this post and you read other posts telling you 'this game is easy,' it's not. DO NOT DO THIS GAME OR START IT.

Try playing the game normally. I mean, you need to play a lot of games to earn enough xp to unlock the prestige level and also the amount of rounds won for that final rank.

I got frustrated boosting blocks with Thief so my friend and I just decided to play it solo. I would get 1-2 in a bad game and 8 on a good one.

Platinum rarity has increased from 0.86% to 1.07% in the two months since they announced servers being shutdown. It's not hard. Just long.

Edited by kevinyang82

My in game timer is only at like 10 hours and I'm mostly done with masteries. Yeah the final xp grind will be a bit tedious, but other than that it's easy peasy. I'd be surprised if I end up at significantly more than 20 hours even helping the rest of my group.

I'm doing a combination of boosting with partners and self boosting with 2 alts to get past the win requirements for mastery without burdening anyone else. 1 boosting partner got All-rounder yesterday and the other 2 are about 1 session away.

Obviously YMMV as some people seem to be having different experiences, but for me this is the lightest pre-shutdown panic boost in recent memory.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2022 at 2:28 AM, janzor88 said:

snip...

There always has to be one douche canoe...

My bad... I guess, you are the true laser lord!  We had 5 people going for the plat, the load times, the replays are what eat up your time, my in-game time was like 28 or so hours.

6 hours ago, POEman553 said:

If you're reading this post and you read other posts telling you 'this game is easy,' it's not. DO NOT DO THIS GAME OR START IT.

I agree, it's a frustrating mess.  Whatever though, everyone here knows better!  Especially the ones that haven't got the plat yet.

Nothing is really hard on this game, just a grind. For the 3 player trophies, you can do this with 4 people. Just do 3v3 mode against the ai, and go fast close to eachother and whoever needs the trophy use the move on all 3 quik the person going for the trophy teams up with the ai. took me a few tries but we did 4 vs ai in the 3vs3 mode (one alt was used and like i said the person going for the trophy teams up with the ai on the other side) and we didn't need others. I ended up doing 2vs2 mode with 2 of my friends and one of them had a extra console.

As for the rest is all simple just annoying to boost, because of the idle kick, and the ai is annoying especially if one of the alts or boosting partner gets kicked it will get replaced by the ai. So make sure you keep moving the controllers to avoid the idle kick.

My friend had to control constantly 2 controllers so it was very annoying for him. But it is possible to use a extra console, but make sure to keep moving on the controllers. Just a lil bit should be enough in about 1/2 min from eachother to avoid kick.

Other than that like i said, it's a easy simple platinum but i didn't enjoyed the game really just did it for the sake of it because it was shutting down and i had it in my libary.

Edited by TazDevilz1986