Why is the file size for this game so big and also can you 100% this game with just the starter pack?…

Italianlaaaad2

I noticed this and lego rock band are really big in terms of, what the game size is it seems like its a lot of gigs, but whats needed for 100% in typical lego fashion every game tt makes gives you every character is in the hub world and you start with 2 playable characters, but for this can you 100% this with just batman gandalf and wildstyle? If i dont want to buy the other characters can i unlock them via story?

Edited by Italianlaaaad2

23 minutes ago, Italianlaaaad2 said:

I noticed this and lego rock band are really big in terms of, what the game size is it seems like its a lot of gigs, but whats needed for 100% in typical lego fashion every game tt makes gives you every character is in the hub world and you start with 2 playable characters, but for this can you 100% this with just batman gandalf and wildstyle? If i dont want to buy the other characters can i unlock them via story?

You can Platinum the game with the starter pack but you cannot 100% the trophy list without the additional level expansions. Each level expansion has 1 special "physical" lego figure which when placed on the Lego Dimensions portal unlocks the ability to "Download" the level expansion for the DLC trophies. Most level expansions are around an additional 6GB after being installed on the system. There are 13 expansions with trophy support to purchase "physically".

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob
  • Like 1

Unlike other Lego games, you don't need to 100% the game to get the platinum trophy, but to 100% the trophy list you'll need all of the level packs (10) and story packs (3). 

If you want to 100% the levels in the main campayn then, the game allows you to rent characters with studs, they'll disappear within about a minute. If you want to 100% the game content (all red/gold bricks) you'll need access to every portal, so you'll need a character from every franchise, so (for instance) you may pick to have Hermine fun pack over the Harry Potter and Voldemort team pack, and still have access to same amount of level content.

1 minute ago, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Wait so which is it…? You can Platinum the game with the starter pack or cant you??1f914.png also some of the dlc stuff is free like adventure time and lego batman film this game seems to be confusing

You can plat the game with the starter pack. For each DLC, you will need to find and buy a physical LEGO character disc that you place on the portal. The DLC itself is a free download, but you can only activate it if you have purchased those physical characters.

All of these are long discontinued, so you will have to hunt eBay or local game stores and classified ads to find the character discs.

Ah thx for claryfing that im enjoying it so far ???? 
also the hire/rent a hero process how does that work can you do that after you beat story mode? The game allows you to rent characters with studs, they'll disappear within about a minute. Ign has a guide about this im assuming that will help? https://www.ign.com/wikis/lego-dimensions/Hire-a-Hero

Edited by Italianlaaaad2

25 minutes ago, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Ah thx for claryfing that im enjoying it so far 1f44c-1f3fb.png1f44f-1f3fb.png 
also the hire/rent a hero process how does that work can you do that after you beat story mode? The game allows you to rent characters with studs, they'll disappear within about a minute. Ign has a guide about this im assuming that will help? https://www.ign.com/wikis/lego-dimensions/Hire-a-Hero

The Hire-A-Hero is done for accessing gold bricks in the hubs and minikits in the story levels, you can't access the level packs with them. 

41 minutes ago, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Ook thx are the free dlcs any good like adventure time simpsons etc?

Simpsons I've heard is pretty good. Btw if you want to find them as well check some places like Walmart/GameStop first. You sometimes will find the occasional pack there for this game and it will heavily marked down. Most Pawn or Used Game stores may also carry and sell these for cheap too as alot of Toys to Life items like these come into places like that fairly regular and sold cheap as their hard to sell. (Think any place that might also have alot of Skylanders, Disney Infinity, etc as well.)

Ye im also seeing there are areas you cant get to unless you have a lego boat, or watercraft to do the races :/ also dont have a lot of space for the tags they would prolly end up as clutter, and most shops you cant resell  them unless you sell them on ebay

Edited by Italianlaaaad2

Also i dont like how theres no free play…and HOW confusing or what the steps are to platinum this?? Like… you get 3 characters but these three… cant swim or go under water or fly…. Or go in areas that dont have underwater abilities or special abilities,.. instead of switching r2 l2 and buying the characters with studs LIKE EVERY OTHER LEGO Game!???

What is the exact order to platinuming this game “story, then go back and collect as many bricks as you can and finish the quests with batman wildstyle and gandalf but be limited in terms of what these 3 can do in their 3 worlds? Also i have raven but she doesnt even have explosive powers….. so what is the steps to doing all these trophies? Feel a bit overwhelmed

Edited by Italianlaaaad2

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Also i dont like how theres no free play…and HOW confusing or what the steps are to platinum this?? Like… you get 3 characters but these three… cant swim or go under water or fly…. Or go in areas that dont have underwater abilities or special abilities,.. instead of switching r2 l2 and buying the characters with studs LIKE EVERY OTHER LEGO Game!???

What is the exact order to platinuming this game “story, then go back and collect as many bricks as you can and finish the quests with batman wildstyle and gandalf but be limited in terms of what these 3 can do in their 3 worlds? Also i have raven but she doesnt even have explosive powers….. so what is the steps to doing all these trophies? Feel a bit overwhelmed

Hopefully this can help you if you were still stuck:

Guide for LEGO Dimensions (Xbox 360) - Walkthrough overview (trueachievements.com)

• Like 1