Singleplayer with Bots?

I heard that you can play this game solo or in co-op with 2 other people (= 3 players).

Are you alone if you play it solo or do you have 2 bots who accompany you? And if you have only one friend to play it with, is the third slot empty or is it filled with a bot or a random person online?

Sorry, I couldn't find this information online. Thanks in advance for your answers ?

5 hours ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Sorry but I have to ask.. I’ve played a lot of siege and the community is, well, toxic.. has anyone had to deal with toxicity in this game? 

My experience here is on PC but I've played like nonstop for the last two days and I've only ran into like 2 bad eggs off the top of my head.

I imagine a coop game environment sets less people off than a competitive pvp shooter.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2022 at 10:38 PM, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Sorry but I have to ask.. I’ve played a lot of siege and the community is, well, toxic.. has anyone had to deal with toxicity in this game? 

Yeah, people on this game are toxic. I wouldn't say everyone's the same, most the time the matches I've been in are fairly well played and enjoyable but I've had quite a few toxic people in chat. 2 off the top of my head...

1. I was playing Kick the ant hill incursion, which people have found a cheese with Fuze by just using his ability to clear the rooms as fast as possible, I went into my first map not knowing about the cheese and was told I had to pick Fuze because "They were rotating" in using him. I said it was cool, but my Fuze was unavailable that time, to which it was showing to everyone in the lobby that he was injured for me. I went thru the whole incursion being called a leech and I shouldn't be playing it without knowing the Fuze cheese, end of the match I was told to fuck off before they left.

2. I was the last surviving member of a run, it was an aberrant nest objective, I was swarmed by rooters and torments before being able to extract anyone and ultimately went down. I was told I should never play games again.

Ok, maybe not the most toxic people are on there but that's just 2 examples. It's not even just me that people are toxic with, they're toxic with each other! The amount of times I've been in a game and the chat has just blew open between the other 2 members is quite something else.

The game adjusts the enemy density and difficulty to match the number of players (so you won't have the same experience playing solo, with 2 people, or with a full team of 3). Because of this, it does not auto fill with bots.

In addition to that there is a base difficulty you also choose if not doing quick play (if doing quick play, the difficulty is based on the area you decide to play, with NY being easy, San Francisco a step up, Alaska hard, and Truth or Consequences very hard). 

I've played both solo, and in teams of 2 and 3 on several of the difficulties and the game does a great job of balancing. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 2022-02-02 at 8:35 AM, Ninja-Sara-X said:

Yeah, people on this game are toxic. I wouldn't say everyone's the same, most the time the matches I've been in are fairly well played and enjoyable but I've had quite a few toxic people in chat. 2 off the top of my head...

1. I was playing Kick the ant hill incursion, which people have found a cheese with Fuze by just using his ability to clear the rooms as fast as possible, I went into my first map not knowing about the cheese and was told I had to pick Fuze because "They were rotating" in using him. I said it was cool, but my Fuze was unavailable that time, to which it was showing to everyone in the lobby that he was injured for me. I went thru the whole incursion being called a leech and I shouldn't be playing it without knowing the Fuze cheese, end of the match I was told to fuck off before they left.

2. I was the last surviving member of a run, it was an aberrant nest objective, I was swarmed by rooters and torments before being able to extract anyone and ultimately went down. I was told I should never play games again.

Ok, maybe not the most toxic people are on there but that's just 2 examples. It's not even just me that people are toxic with, they're toxic with each other! The amount of times I've been in a game and the chat has just blew open between the other 2 members is quite something else.

Wow thats super aggressive for a coop shooter. I haven’t found that at all. I mean, I get ticked off and call people out when they don’t do something properly. For instance in my most recent match, the final objective was to do triangulation, I had to repeatedly call out asking for somebody to activate A since I was at B and found all of the points. After finally he activated it, I activated mine… started running towards the exit since C was on the way there from A, and they both literally ran right past it. So I had to double back and get it with 2 seconds to spare. To be frank there were a bunch of curse words thrown out, saying essentially you need to pay attention. But after the match was done, I said good game and was willing to do another.