Badland difficulty according to rarity.

crowizard

Hello, I saw this game about a half year ago on youtube  and thought it was fun. Judging by the rarity i would say it is very hard or this is also one of the case where rarity doesnt reflect true image. From what I see getting decent coop partner is key. Are other solo requirements also hard? Maybe i pick up this one some day when i find good partner and stable internet. Currently trying to platinum Splasher for #100 and came really close.

1 hour ago, TheNightFox225 said:

i haven't gotten the 100% yet either, but @xenomorfi2 and I are writing a guide for the game and it shouldn't take too long so hopefully that'll answer people's questions in the future.

Also @Arcesius some of your mission guides on youtube have been really helpful so thanks for that

It's great to hear that someone is creating a BADLAND guide, good luck with your project! I hope to one day get a co-op partner.

On topic, Arcesius said 5-6/10 but I don't agree, especially the missions in Doomsday levels that were a real hell, there are also specific trophies involving saving 2 Clones, or God Status. I'd give it an 8/10, but coming from a guy who has some gaming heavyweights under his belt, the rating given is understandable.

37 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

It's great to hear that someone is creating a BADLAND guide, good luck with your project! I hope to one day get a co-op partner.

On topic, Arcesius said 5-6/10 but I don't agree, especially the missions in Doomsday levels that were a real hell, there are also specific trophies involving saving 2 Clones, or God Status. I'd give it an 8/10, but coming from a guy who has some gaming heavyweights under his belt, the rating given is understandable.

8/10 is the difficulty we're giving it. I'm also in need of a co-op partner because my brother is horrible at the game ? wanna do it over shareplay?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNightFox225 said:

8/10 is the difficulty we're giving it. I'm also in need of a co-op partner because my brother is horrible at the game 1f605.png wanna do it over shareplay?

It would be great, but VERY NOW I couldn't do it for lack of a signature :(

2 minutes ago, TheNightFox225 said:

I just remembered I can't do it either coz I don't have ps plus anymore lmao

Damn hahaha. but we can keep in touch, eventually i will get this platinum, that's a fact!

On 1/18/2022 at 6:02 PM, kevao97 said:

Yeah, difficulty ratings are in general very subjective. However, @crowizard mentioned that he is playing Splasher in the OP, which has a guide rating of 9/10 here on PSNP. Having played both gamesmyself, and if we go by that rating, then finishing Badland single player trophies really cannot be rated higher than 5-6/10, since Splasher is just much, much harder. 

I think in context, the rating makes sense :) But it's not what I'd use for a trophy guide, that's for sure. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

So is this game obtainable? I thought for sure for a long time this game was unobtainable due to some bugged trophies or something.

It has always been obtainable, but there is one coop-mission (collecting all power-ups in Sticky Bounce) that was long thought to be impossible. But a while ago a method was found to complete that mission, and there are now both strategies to do so coop, or even with only one player. 

1 hour ago, Eqill5 said:

I had tons of fun with Badland, it’s unlike anything I’d played before. The atmosphere is really cool and ominous, especially as you transition through from dawn to night. And the background art is really something great, I remember reading it was all hand drawn. 

the atmosphere and art of this game remind me a lot of Limbo, and the game is equally cruel and with great and creative level design. in fact, the only thing I have to complain about this game is the lack of proper online co-op.

5 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah, difficulty ratings are in general very subjective. However, @crowizard mentioned that he is playing Splasher in the OP, which has a guide rating of 9/10 here on PSNP. Having played both gamesmyself, and if we go by that rating, then finishing Badland single player trophies really cannot be rated higher than 5-6/10, since Splasher is just much, much harder. 

I think in context, the rating makes sense :) But it's not what I'd use for a trophy guide, that's for sure. 

I agree that difficulty is subjective topic. However this game looks very good and might pick up in near future, it doesnt seem too hard judging from the comments but definitely require time and good partner. I dont have local buddy, so i guess shareplay is only option. But knowing my connection strength by heart I dont have good feeling it will be playable. 

On the other hand I would give Splasher 10/10 in terms of difficulty. Yes guide says 9/10 but @Smzthyy completed some very hard games so maybe in his eyes it is 9/10. I rated Super Meat Boy also 10/10 and I feel Splasher is way harder. Gave 10 to Street Fighter IV also due to insanely hard trials and determination on a small DS3 controller. Wolf 2 can also go on that list.

20 hours ago, Eqill5 said:

IAs far as difficulty goes, it’s for sure above average when you start to delve into the Day II and Doomsday missions. Some of them can be a real pain and require many attempts, especially the ones that require both players to stay alive or save X amount of clones. @Jasko_SOA and I had a good (nervous) laugh when we struggled on one of the earliest missions wondering what we’d gotten ourselves in for, and jokingly assumed this was the point in which most people give up 1f602.png

For anyone curious, level 3 to be precise. Save 7 clones. This looked easier than it was because everything around you is sticky and you can’t escape your clones if you touch the walls. Good luck with this @Arcesius and @Mori

??? Yeah we encountered this mission on our first session and our reaction was exactly the same one ??? The lag can make this mission pretty tricky for sure... Such a narrow, sticky space to navigate through! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 25.1.2022 at 11:25 AM, Arcesius said:

1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png Yeah we encountered this mission on our first session and our reaction was exactly the same one 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png The lag can make this mission pretty tricky for sure... Such a narrow, sticky space to navigate through! 

Don´t worry though, the game is not a big deal for someone with a trophy list that impressive :) . Furthermore, in case you have not found this out yet, there is an option in the PS4 party chat with which you can increase the game quality/reduce the lags.

@Eqill5 Do you remember what this was called exactly mate?