why does no one have 100% or even the plat

BurningIce1313

23 hours ago, Cthulu-72 said:

Thanks. No need to read past that!

It’s not, I’m not sure why he keeps saying that. He has quite a habit for misinformation on games and posting for the sake of posting lol. It’ll be 200-300h max based off of my own personal experience and from info on TA.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ACowboy848 said:

This game will DIE fast.

Not a chance in hell. This game has consistantly good reviews and high active player numbers across all platforms, plus the devs just announced it has reached the 10 million players mark. DRG receives frequent patches and content drops, plus the devs are very active on Twitter and in their official discord.

DRG will be around for many, many years to come so isn't going anywhere.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

Season 2 comes out in March / April with some new content. As long as they keep adding some variety I can see this lasting for quite some time. Just play it, have some fun and the platinum will come, you don't win any awards attempting to get platinum as fast as you can. It will likely take me a couple of years to be honest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Salt_AU said:

Season 2 comes out in March / April with some new content. As long as they keep adding some variety I can see this lasting for quite some time. Just play it, have some fun and the platinum will come, you don't win any awards attempting to get platinum as fast as you can. It will likely take me a couple of years to be honest.

Is there any word on what that content will include :)?

• Like 1

On 17/01/2022 at 8:07 PM, ACowboy848 said:

This game will DIE fast.

Nah, not at all. Tons of support from the devs, great gameplay, tons of replayability and it is fun. It will be around for years. 

Total aside, I think it's a totally great game to platinum if you accept it will take a few years. I love it and have done since I was playing it on the PC. I've been playing a mission or two every couple of days and that's good enough for me 

Edited by CptToffer
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

The trophies are not glitched they are just very difficult and grindy.

Some trophies are most assuredly glitched atm, I have completed:

"Foreign Objects in the Launch Bay" 

"That's Not How You Play This Game" & 

"Darwin Award" 

Approx, x9 times each and no trophy as yet, while some friends have completed while in the same lobby. The Devs are aware and hopefully it will be patched soon. 

7 hours ago, ArkonRhys said:

Some trophies are most assuredly glitched atm, I have completed:

"Foreign Objects in the Launch Bay" 

"That's Not How You Play This Game" & 

"Darwin Award" 

Approx, x9 times each and no trophy as yet, while some friends have completed while in the same lobby. The Devs are aware and hopefully it will be patched soon. 

Maybe check out the guide for the "Darwin Award" trophy, no one has seemed to have a problem with it, so maybe see if the guide can resolve your problem.

On 21/01/2022 at 3:15 AM, HuntingFever said:

Is there any word on what that content will include :)?

Outside of a new themed season and cosmetics to acquire the main addition at this stage is new secondary weapons for all classes. There are also additions they aren't talking about yet but say they have a list a mile long.

Season 2 in March / April

Season 3 in September / October 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salt_AU said:

Outside of a new themed season and cosmetics to acquire the main addition at this stage is new secondary weapons for all classes. There are also additions they aren't talking about yet but say they have a list a mile long.

Season 2 in March / April

Season 3 in September / October 

Nice :).

• Like 1

Decidied to play this game with a friend of mine since we really like mining/ resource gathering games and hadn't played together in a while. Wish I did not start playing this game now.....

It's a fun game and not even a bad game. It does get a little repetitive after a while but what game doesn't? But this game is a hell on earth for trophy hunters. Earn Gold Promotions for all four dwarves, complete 500 missions, complete 100 solo missions? These are all trophies that'll take over 300 hours to complete, easily. They're not hard or anything, just extremely time consuming.

This'll likely be one of those games I end up completing as soon as leveling goes faster or someone finds a glitch to make it faster. Wish I knew all that beforeI started playing it.

26 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Decidied to play this game with a friend of mine since we really like mining/ resource gathering games and hadn't played together in a while. Wish I did not start playing this game now.....

It's a fun game and not even a bad game. It does get a little repetitive after a while but what game doesn't? But this game is a hell on earth for trophy hunters. Earn Gold Promotions for all four dwarves, complete 500 missions, complete 100 solo missions? These are all trophies that'll take over 300 hours to complete, easily. They're not hard or anything, just extremely time consuming.

This'll likely be one of those games I end up completing as soon as leveling goes faster or someone finds a glitch to make it faster. Wish I knew all that before I started playing it.

If you join a game just as it's finishing (try to find one with x2 XP on Hazard 3 or higher), you will get the same amount of XP as everyone else (even if you die), even though you've done only a fraction of the work required to earn it - rinse and repeat and you will have all 4 Dwarves at Gold 1 in no time :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

19 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you join a game just as it's finishing (try to find one with x2 XP on Hazard 3 or higher), you will get the same amount of XP as everyone else (even if you die), even though you've done only a fraction of the work required to earn it - rinse and repeat and you will have all 4 Dwarves at Gold 1 in no time :).

Define "no time" please ... even like that i think we don't have the same definition :giggle:

I know it will be a long grind for this platinum, so it's just a game i will play with friends from time to time, and will eventually get it in a year or 2, maybe even more, but will eventually reach it ^^

(and obviously take advantage of some events like double XP weekends if they eventually do it ^^)

Edited by seblegamer
typo

3 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

Define "no time" please ... even like that i think we don't have the same definition :giggle:

I know it will be a long grind for this platinum, so it's just a game i will play with friends from time to time, and will eventually get it in a year or 2, maybe even more, but will eventually reach it ^^

(and obviously take advantage of some events like double XP weekends if they eventually do it ^^)

@Darkette got the Plat done and dusted in under 300hrs :). Also, the game already has Double XP events built in, just look for a Yellow Triangle with "XP" in it to the left of the mission type icon on the Biome Map. The x2 XP modifier doesn't appear that often but when it does, take advantage of it. You get even more XP when doing missions with 1 or 2 Negative mission modifiers active e.g. Swarmageddon, Elite Enemies, Shield Disruption, Low Oxygen etc. etc.

I've spent 100 hours on 241 missions where 122 were solo, and am exactly at 25% with my 7th prestige out of 28.

61/70 trophies.

Very impressive with the ~260 hours for the 100%.
The game is luckily still as fun as when I started. A real gem, and a shame so many people are afraid to start it because of the time requirements.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

I've spent 100 hours on 241 missions where 122 were solo, and am exactly at 25% with my 7th prestige out of 28.

61/70 trophies.

Very impressive with the ~260 hours for the 100%.
The game is luckily still as fun as when I started. A real gem, and a shame so many people are afraid to start it because of the time requirements.

Yeah I totally agree. Being a PC player of this I was reticent to start it for the platinum because I knew what I was signing up for. However, I also know the core gameplay is so enjoyable. 

• Like 1