Level 100 grind automation confirmed working on ps5!

Hi everyone,

When I had completed all trophies except the level 100 grind, I was on level 67, so the remaining grind (pun intended) was quite an unbearable thought. With the 300xp/10s method discussed in other threads, it would have taken me probably 5-10hours of finger-hurting mindless grind.

However, I can happily confirm that automating the task with PS remote play + ps4 macro + ds4 controller works well even with the ps5 version, saving you from this horrible task.

You need

- A windows PC (seems like there is no build of ps4macro easily available for mac/linux) with internet connection

- Dualshock 4 (the data interfaces for dualsense are not ready for ps4macro at the time of writing)

The steps:

- Download ps remote play app and connect to your ps5, either via internet or directly in the same lan with connection code. For stability, it is a good idea to lower the streaming resolution.

- Download latest ps4macro release from github, it is simply a zip folder containing the .exe.

- Run ps4macro, it should hook into remote play process and give no warnings

- connect ds4 with usb/bluetooth. I have used ds4 on PC before, so not sure if you need additional drivers at this step, but probably not.

- Fire up thps, load up a session in any level. End run, and have the ”retry” selection in menu ready to go, we will now record the loop.

- In ps4macro, click the arm record button, and then play. This starts the recording.

- Using the contoller, press x to start run, do The 900 + manual combo ~6 times in row (with all cheats enabled) in order to get one million combo. Then end run, press x twice so you get back to the ”retry” selection, and stop the recording.

-In previous step, try to be as clear as possible with your inputs, with long button presses. Wait at least 1s extra after each menu input. This should result in 15-20s loop giving 300xp each. If you mess up, select clear macro and try again.

- Now disarm recording, and press play with loop enabled, and go do something else.

NOTE: With my macro, the loop breaks sometimes, changing levels and whatnot, so it is recommended to check that everything is running smoothely every 30 minutes or so. Possbile causes are unexpecedly differing loading times and network dropping inputs.

Hopefully this saves your valuable time and/or fingers from this quite badly designed trophy to otherwise great game.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Can someone link me to the ps4macro? I find several on github.

Edit: Ok, so use the latest build from here: https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro/releases

I was lvl 69 when I recorded my run, which was a version of this video from the Philadelphia level in THPS 2. In total in took about 13 hours of running the macro. So happy I didn't have to grind it myself ?

Edited by Tyrogenic
additional info

• 1 month later...

I think the manual version is much more reliable for a macro than the one with grinding, as you don't need to rotate at all, and it seems like an easy way to fail a run due to imprecise input.

The exact method I used for my ~6 seconds runs is described here: 

Overall my macro was doing about 7 runs a minute including menus, so was about twice as fast as OP. You'll need about 3 hours to do this manually all the way to level 100, or about 4 hours with a macro as it'll occasionally fail a run.

Compared to OP, I recommend also:

- setting the stats cheat to expert - you'll have the lowest possible ollie and air time, making your character barely jump, shortening your run to 5-6s

- holding the Down button while the level is loading - that way when the game starts, you'll be standing still, instead of moving forward, so you won't be failing your combos due to hitting an obstacle 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

100% allowed, you're not modifying the game or the console.  It's no different to using a turbo controller

Cool. I was just wondering, as the fact you’re using other devices and a macro from GitHub seemed a little sketchy. I’ve since stumbled upon the topic over in the PS4 forums which has been around for quite some time, so it’s clear nobody on the site has a problem with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I try this my controller either double clicks when running the loop on the menus, or it just misses tricks. My character winds up just jumping repeatedly never doing a 900 or a manual.  I've tried multiple ways, including directly connecting the ps5 to the PC via Ethernet. 

Any advice? My initial run winds up flawless, but then the macro run is just bad.  Half the time I wind up deep in an options menu. Other times it won't even pause to end run.

To add to this: if I hold the down arrow and completely stop on my live run, the character will never completely stop on the macro run.  Insread they sort of stutter forward for the duration of me holding down when recording. 

Relevant PC specs:

Ryzen 7 3800x

32gb ram

Rtx 3090

Gigabit Ethernet 

Edited by Smoketheevilpipe

• 4 months later...