Don’t even fucking bother with this buggy, broken mess.

OnePieceDude

This is coming from somebody who pre-ordered this game and played it from launch. The campaign is absolutely broken. If you die on the roof of Beijing you will break your game. If you don’t beat the game in one sitting, your save deletes. On the Shanghai level, you will randomly break the game if you drive too hard in the tank, you break the game; if your AI companions don’t make you break the game first. The squad-lock on scan R2 bullshit? Might as well be out of the game. Hannah, Pac, & Irish will be standing point blank against a foe and miss the entire clip, while you’ll get sniped down to 2 health by some bozo with a SPAS 3,000 meters away. I got the twenty eight collectibles trophy on LEVEL 3, due to the fact it deleted my campaign a dozen times and reset my collectibles with each. I finally replayed this piece of shit using PS NOW, and low and behold after grueling through it on hard; it unlocks the trophies for beating the game on hard, medium…but not easy.

Went back, beat the final level on hard.

Nothing.

Went back, beat the final level on medium.

Nothing.

Went back, beat the final level on easy.

Can you guess where I’m going with this?

I went back and replied the first, second, & fourth levels as well and absolutely nothing. The servers are basically too dead to even do the multiplayer trophies either. I don’t know if the PS4 version works the same way, but this is a warning PSA for any morbidly curious gamers who might want to play this game; HARD PASS. 

Edited by OnePieceDude
  • Like 1

On 17/1/2022 at 0:43 AM, Highpark_united said:

Not sure what’s happening here, but I didn’t experience any of these bugs when I played this about 5years ago, and I did both ps3 and ps4 versions dlc included, game was actually elite back then. Must say I agree with the servers being dead now tho.

either the op is sharing hes experience of how buggy was during that day

Yeah, it's annoying. I'm forever glitched out from that Gold rank trophy no matter which difficulty I tried. It was the only one I needed for platinum. This sort of thing has only ever happened twice in trophy hunting for me. Battlefield 4 and Tomb Raider: Underworld.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

My experience with the game was not as bad as other experiences I have read in regards to the campaign.  

My progress was deleted 3 or 4 times but as I was only a couple levels in I only let out a silent sigh. I resorted to saving on two separate USB’s to make sure I wasn’t copying over a deleted campaign save file. 

BF3 and BFBC campaigns were free from any bugs but I did experience some game breaking bugs in BF1 and BFV. So these types of bugs aren’t exclusive to this game and it seems like Dice doesn’t care about its single player component.