Dying Light 2 trophy list revealed.

Skurkitty

6 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Nothing to complain about here apart from maybe the collectables if they don't track. Doesn't look like this is going to be 500 hours at least, I hope the parkour challenges are as tough as in the first game as those were a blast!

I agree it doesnt look anywhere close to a 500hr plat. Techland said they're going to support updates for 5 years, maybe the 500hrs is a total after those 5 years ?. Also I absolutely loved the parkour challenges as well, I'm amazed those 2 trophies have stayed Ultra Rare all these years.

as I said in another thread 

"In my experience game developers have no idea how long their games actually are and vastly oversell it by at least x2 the amount.

There are many times devs have said games take 5-8 hours and you can finish it in 1-2. Infamous First Light...first blood i dont remember its name was one of them"

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

I agree it doesnt look anywhere close to a 500hr plat. Techland said they're going to support updates for 5 years, maybe the 500hrs is a total after those 5 years 1f914.png. Also I absolutely loved the parkour challenges as well, I'm amazed those 2 trophies have stayed Ultra Rare all these years.

This will be 50-60 hours platinum,maybe less.

5 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

as I said in another thread 

"In my experience game developers have no idea how long their games actually are and vastly oversell it by at least x2 the amount.

There are many times devs have said games take 5-8 hours and you can finish it in 1-2. Infamous First Light...first blood i dont remember its name was one of them"

Happens all the time. Developers state “oh my lawd, our game takes 100 hours to finish!” and it actually takes 10 hours instead. This trend needs to stop.

• Like 4

I suspect it would be a 5/10, the easy story without skipping anything would be about 30 to 40 hours, the collectibles could last from 2 to 6 hours depending on how many they will be. But the online and the boost of killing would be tedious like the curly men in the first game. 

Personally I'm going to wait a month after its release, because I don't have as much space and my priorities are horizon and elden ring.

maybe, but it would last longer because of the online I dare say it. 

• Like 1

I don't understand how people here actually expected this to somehow take 500 hours to platinum. Maybe people only read headlines?

It would take 500 hours to see and do everything possible in the game, including multiple play throughs seeing all possible endings, talking to everyone, finding all collectibles, EVERYTHING.

Anyway, first person and co-op means I'm not that interested. Never played the first game so not missing out I guess. I can't imagine sticking around for five years for all the support, either.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

I swear to god those random encounters for "Help 50 survivors in Encounters." better spawn more frequently than the ones for "Save 15 survivors from Rais's men" from the first game. That trophy was really annoying.

Considering how much bigger Dying Light 2 is, I would think that you have more opportunities to get those encounters to spawn.

20 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I don't understand how people here actually expected this to somehow take 500 hours to platinum. Maybe people only read headlines?

It would take 500 hours to see and do everything possible in the game, including multiple play throughs seeing all possible endings, talking to everyone, finding all collectibles, EVERYTHING.

It's not that we only read headlines, it's that some developers like to include a trophy requiring 100% completion and some people were worried about these devs doing the same for Dying Light 2.