Dying Light 2 trophy list revealed.

Skurkitty

Im really looking forward to dying light 2. The first game was very good and i loved the atmosphere and the tone. I just hope the sequel is just as good if not better. Techland is also a company i dont mind supporting day 1 because its pretty clear that theyve taken their time making this game and not just rushing it… hopefully.

32 minutes ago, Markemmanuel said:

Nice work. This is reassuring.

In my experience it's rare for open world games like this to have missable collectibles, but it is possible.

Well, I watched a few side mission gameplay, and only in one of them there were 3 major decisions, which could end mission right after it. So, maybe some collectables will be missable, but I pray the God to this only be my worries...

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 0:24 PM, willmill97 said:

Nothing to complain about here apart from maybe the collectables if they don't track. Doesn't look like this is going to be 500 hours at least, I hope the parkour challenges are as tough as in the first game as those were a blast!

I'd expect there to potentially be issues with collectables not tracking. The original Dying Light had a trophy for collecting all text collectables (It's All in the Writing) and that was bugged for a lot of players including myself for several months after launch before they finally fixed it due to specific ones not registering when collected.

Dead Island also has issues in both the original and the ports to PS4 with some collectables not tracking properly so it's fair to say collectable tracking is not Techland's strong point.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath

the game has tons of skyskrapers with a ton of explorable floors, verticality plays a big part. was looking forward initially, but 500 hrs of gameplay and 5 years of dlc? sounds like a bit much imo. No guns in this game either, pure melee, with a more meaningful story and a new main character. i'll casually do the story if it goes on game pass on pc etc

51 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

the game has tons of skyskrapers with a ton of explorable floors, verticality plays a big part. was looking forward initially, but 500 hrs of gameplay and 5 years of dlc? sounds like a bit much imo. No guns in this game either, pure melee, with a more meaningful story and a new main character. i'll casually do the story if it goes on game pass on pc etc

Why all of you considering this 500 hours as the length of the game? First u should dividing 500h by two, because all game developers tend to lie or exaggerate of their game, cuz marketing and so on. Secondly, Techlends said that this 500h incudes getting all of the content. all dialog, all cutseen, all notes ets, so if we have a certain game dialog for example on 30h of story if playing and u skip it due to your choice in game, according to developers vision u have to replay all story till this moment to see this dialog. Sorry if I being rude ?

Edited by Smaxoy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Do we know about any missables? 

Nothing is certain for now, I looked through some people's profiles and in some of them I saw a few story trophies that were missed, but I assume they were glitched. Better wait for first reviewes and guides for further information (First reviews should be posted at February the 2nd)

UPD: look the post below)

Edited by Smaxoy

On 1/21/2022 at 0:01 PM, Smaxoy said:

Got the info about the number of collectibles, 250 in total. Hope, none of them are missable?yS7b2DZORwk.jpg?size=828x121&quality=96&sign=89d32394d040e966219363d72ee8af40&type=album

I wonder how does that compare to the usual open world collectible list, seems a lot but then again I was able to power through AC Valhalla ?

50 minutes ago, noyram23 said:

I wonder how does that compare to the usual open world collectible list, seems a lot but then again I was able to power through AC Valhalla 1f629.png

Well, Valhalla had many activies, not collectables. First DL had nearly the same number of collectables, but only ~70 were neaded for the trophy. I don't think that it'll take long to get all 250 of them: u'll casually run to it, grab it and run to the next one, approximately 3-4 hours to get all of them, I hope)

On 31.1.2022 at 7:59 PM, Patrickosan said:

Everything can be aquired in one play trough. Good to hear. 

Uhm, I'm not sure if he even played his own game, but it's not possible to max out health + stamina in one play through.

It's even possible to get to a point where you can't get both of the trophies if you skill health + stamina equally. 

And you can definetly miss collectibles.

1 hour ago, YesImAPwnda said:

Uhm, I'm not sure if he even played his own game, but it's not possible to max out health + stamina in one play through.

It's even possible to get to a point where you can't get both of the trophies if you skill health + stamina equally. 

And you can definetly miss collectibles.

Is there NG+ and can you take over colletibles? I already have the game and don't wanna miss out on missable collectibles until a guide is up. 

24 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

There like around 200 collectibles and if some of them are really missable, than this is total bullshit. I'm seriously gonna lower my final score for games doing this, because it's nothing but a waste of time.

Nobody is forcing you to get the collectibles nor should developers be required to cater their games to trophy hunters. 

Collectibles are in games because it gives the artists and writers who created the game another avenue to showcase their talents that's maybe outside the scope of the main game. It has no value only to those that can't be bothered to read the collectibles and get more story-telling and you just want to rush through as fast as possible so you can get trophies. That's the problem, not the other way around. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Nobody is forcing you to get the collectibles

By putting trophies that requires all of them for platinum they are forcing us to do it, no matter how you look at it. And please, don't go with "you don't have to do that trophies", when we are on trophies related forums... 

They can put even 500 collectibles with tons of text in them for all I care, but don't force player to get them all to get platinum. Especially when they don't give you any advantages like extra XP, or something like that. 

And the worst thing is, making some of them missable... That's just a simple dick move, nothing else. CDPR did the same thing with gwent cards in Witcher 3, if you missed some, you had to redo everything from the beginning. 

• Like 2