Dying Light 2 trophy list revealed.

Skurkitty

9 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

By putting trophies that requires all of them for platinum they are forcing us to do it, no matter how you look at it. And please, don't go with "you don't have to do that trophies", when we are on trophies related forums... 

They can put even 500 collectibles with tons of text in them for all I care, but don't force player to get them all to get platinum. Especially when they don't give you any advantages like extra XP, or something like that. 

And the worst thing is, making some of them missable... That's just a simple dick move, nothing else. CDPR did the same thing with gwent cards in Witcher 3, if you missed some, you had to redo everything from the beginning. 

Like I don't know this is a trophy related site....

That still doesn't change my point. Again, nobody is forcing you to get them. I love trophy hunting as much as the next guy but that doesn't mean I complain when there's a game that has a trophy list that I don't find particularly enjoyable. I just don't get the platinum for that game then because ultimately, games are supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying it and are just suffering through a game just to get relatively meaningless trophies then it's time to ask yourself what you're doing all this for. If it's not fun, what are doing it for? What is the point? Games are so much more enjoyable when your entire thought process and judgment on a game doesn't revolve around its trophy list and you're just playing it you know.... for fun. Like video games are intended to be. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

By putting trophies that requires all of them for platinum they are forcing us to do it, no matter how you look at it. And please, don't go with "you don't have to do that trophies", when we are on trophies related forums... 

They can put even 500 collectibles with tons of text in them for all I care, but don't force player to get them all to get platinum. Especially when they don't give you any advantages like extra XP, or something like that. 

And the worst thing is, making some of them missable... That's just a simple dick move, nothing else. CDPR did the same thing with gwent cards in Witcher 3, if you missed some, you had to redo everything from the beginning. 

I completely disagree with you. Do you mean to say that devs should make trophy lists easier and require less effort? Hell no!! You still gotta earn those trophies to get your 100%, even if that means doing everything including things you dislike. People are too entitled these days and don't want to earn things anymore, just want easy handouts. You can still get the trophies you want and just not go for 100%. Platinum trophies are not meant to be given to you, they need to be earned!

I'm glad they have trophies for collecting and doing everything in the games, as it should be. I hate when games only make you do like 10% of the games to get the platinum, majority of people will do the bare minimum for trophies and stop playing. I can guarantee if they had a trophy for collecting only like 10 of the 250 collectibles, most of you guys would do just that and stop searching for the rest. 

If you're letting your trophies dictate how you should play a game then you're not really gaming anymore, you're just whoring trophies.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I can guarantee if they had a trophy for collecting only like 10 of the 250 collectibles, most of you guys would do just that and stop searching for the rest. 

If you're letting your trophies dictate how you should play a game then you're not really gaming anymore, you're just whoring trophies.

This is 100% the mentality. I'm a player who's on both ends of it. I've played games where you only have to find say, 50% of the collectibles and once I do that I just stop looking. In a few cases I've seen some cool Easter eggs / lore info I missed because I stopped looking. I LOVE when devs (no sarcasm) require you to explore their game to the fullest, and if that's through 250 collectibles then cool. Sure there are bound to be some that are filler, but you're still seeing this world they created, finding things you'd likely otherwise ignore.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

This is 100% the mentality. I'm a player who's on both ends of it. I've played games where you only have to find say, 50% of the collectibles and once I do that I just stop looking. In a few cases I've seen some cool Easter eggs / lore info I missed because I stopped looking. I LOVE when devs (no sarcasm) require you to explore their game to the fullest, and if that's through 250 collectibles then cool. Sure there are bound to be some that are filler, but you're still seeing this world they created, finding things you'd likely otherwise ignore.

All of this is implying collectibles are interesting to discover,and that they flesh out the world and lore - good examples being Control, Zero Dawn, Metro, Fallout to an extend. Where regardless of trophies you passively seek and and read them because they are interesting.

Time-sinks for collecting xxx of some random bs that doesn't give any benefit, xp or meaningful rewards like the above is different - e.g. Ubisoft stuff (ACII Feathers still haunt me), Returnal where they are RNG related, or some FPS games where they are generally a time-sink checkbox exercise.

From the current state of the list these seem to be missable all over the game, including the prologue so feel free to open up a guide before you even started the game if you care about it, and with potential room for more depending on branching paths later. And grinding out particular levels in co-op for the sake of collectibles is bs. I'm not against two playthroughs to experience all the versions of the story once I'm done but ffs if their '500 hours play content' was dependent on looking for the right piece of paper or a USB stick with someone who happens to be in a mission branch you didn't take/can't retake it's bs.

15 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Day 1 patch is set to fix over 1,000 bugs. I'll never understand people complaining about bugs for games they receive early. If the game hasn't officially launched and gotten it's first patch, you should expect to run into multiple problems.

Sorry to break your illusion, but day one Patches are mostly few days earlier available. 

3 hours ago, YesImAPwnda said:

Sorry to break your illusion, but day one Patches are mostly few days earlier available. 

3x

I've never received an early copy so I didn't know this was a thing. Although I could understand a day or two earlier for stability sake.

8 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

All of this is implying collectibles are interesting to discover,and that they flesh out the world and lore - good examples being Control, Zero Dawn, Metro, Fallout to an extend. Where regardless of trophies you passively seek and and read them because they are interesting.

Time-sinks for collecting xxx of some random bs that doesn't give any benefit, xp or meaningful rewards like the above is different - e.g. Ubisoft stuff (ACII Feathers still haunt me), Returnal where they are RNG related, or some FPS games where they are generally a time-sink checkbox exercise.

I agree, first paragraph is certainly better than the second paragraph when it comes to the quality of collectibles. But if I'm being honest I don't really mind AC type situations. I cleared every single location in Valhalla as an example, I just throw on some Spotify and run around. It's both tedious and relaxing at the same time, maybe I'm a bit insane.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Nobody is forcing you to get the collectibles nor should developers be required to cater their games to trophy hunters. 

Collectibles are in games because it gives the artists and writers who created the game another avenue to showcase their talents that's maybe outside the scope of the main game. It has no value only to those that can't be bothered to read the collectibles and get more story-telling and you just want to rush through as fast as possible so you can get trophies. That's the problem, not the other way around. 

You're right, nothing showcases an artists talent quite like collecting 350 blast shards in inFamous. Such vision. Collecting feathers in Assassin's Creed II is also a fine example of great storytelling. I just wish there was more than 100 of them so I could understand the writer's message more clearly.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

You're right, nothing showcases an artists talent quite like collecting 350 blast shards in inFamous. Such vision. Collecting feathers in Assassin's Creed II is also a fine example of great storytelling. I just wish there was more than 100 of them so I could understand the writer's message more clearly.

Those are two older games when collectibles in open world titles were still rather uninspired and were just there because they felt there needed to be some sort of collectible in the game. I would agree with you then but modern games have come a long way and collectibles aren't so trivial anymore. There is actual writing and design involved in most of them. I haven't played Dying Light 2 yet but I'm sure the collectibles in the game aren't just feathers or shards which makes your sarcasm quite irrelevant. 

I had the same problem with "First Shot". Had to completely delete save file and start from a scratch. After second play through it popped for me. Now you can see that I've got Bazzar trophy before First Shot (should be otherwise). 

But by now I think everybody knows that trophies in this game are really bad designed (typical for polish devs). 

On 2/2/2022 at 11:29 AM, Smaxoy said:

Well, Valhalla had many activies, not collectables. First DL had nearly the same number of collectables, but only ~70 were neaded for the trophy. I don't think that it'll take long to get all 250 of them: u'll casually run to it, grab it and run to the next one, approximately 3-4 hours to get all of them, I hope)

At least it's fun going from A to B with this game compared to AC Valhalla

• Like 1

I am playing the game and the semi-missable collectibles take the fun out of the game for me. Yes, you can join another player to get it, but you have to find one that has that specific quest active.

Also the fact that you can’t max out both stats is annoying. Now I have to collect 81, do one max and then reload the save and do the second max. This is not freedom. I expected more from Dying light. I love the world but the trophy list isn’t fun.

Open World games (my favorite type of game) is about exploration and curiousity. I don’t mind running around the map and collecting items at any time. The Parcours is fun! But to look at a guide at any point to not miss a mission is stupid.

1 hour ago, scoreaddict said:

I am playing the game and the semi-missable collectibles take the fun out of the game for me. Yes, you can join another player to get it, but you have to find one that has that specific quest active.

Also the fact that you can’t max out both stats is annoying. Now I have to collect 81, do one max and then reload the save and do the second max. This is not freedom. I expected more from Dying light. I love the world but the trophy list isn’t fun.

Open World games (my favorite type of game) is about exploration and curiousity. I don’t mind running around the map and collecting items at any time. The Parcours is fun! But to look at a guide at any point to not miss a mission is stupid.

It's not great that there are missable collectables but it's only 6 quests (5+ prologue) in total, reading PowerPyx guide. Just write the names down on a sticky note and put it in front of you. Granted it is still annoying but atleast it's not this massive amount of quests.

Also for the inhibitors, you can safely use 45 of them, for a total of 15 upgrades before you have to start saving them. There's no need or reason to save them all up and never use them.

Edited by Skurkitty

51 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

It's not great that there are missable collectables but it's only 6 quests (5+ prologue) in total, reading PowerPyx guide.

Also for the inhibitors, you can safely use 45 of them, for a total of 15 upgrades before you have to start saving them. There's no need or reason to save them all up and never use them.

I read the guide and constantly checked for the required missions. The second one (something with Carriers) was bugged for me. The person wasn’t there. I hope that the other way works (after the«Rats in the Dark» side quest. My game is constantly bugging (no voice audio during cutscenes and other stuff). The game crashes every few hours.

Thanks for doing the math. The inhibitor upgrade system is confusing. I wasn’t sure how many of the inhibitors I could use before I have to save them. I feel much better now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm starting to think that the author of this trophy list didn't actually play much of this game. We all know that the story trophies are massively bugged and either refuse to pop, or randomly pop hours later, and Techland, in their infinite wisdom, decided to tie some of their 250 collectibles (a tedious amount) to quests that are buggy or missable. But what has struck me recently is the *intentional* trophies: the ones that actually work as Techland intended, but are just ridiculous.

Firstly 'Who Wants To Be A...' is insane to attempt without exploits. Quests reward very little in the way of currency, the majority of your income comes from selling things, but since the majority of things you can sell will go for around 500 (very very rough average) this would require tens of hours of looting the same places over and over. There are dupe glitches, or you can just sell all of your stuff and then buy it back and sell it again (my chosen method) but even that takes a long time and is utterly tedious to do.

There aren't enough Inhibitors in the game to get both of the trophies for maxing-out Health and Stamina. Nice middle-finger from Techland there. On their Twitter they just say that people need to choose between the two traits. Don't put a trophy for both of them then? Dicks. I know you can just save-scum it, but still.

I don't know about others, but I found that after I had finished my '100% Playthrough' (all missions, activities, challenges, collectibles, side quests etc.) I found myself at Combat level 24. At the very end of the game, I was staring down a deficit of 50,000 Combat XP. I had had a couple of side quests bug out, meaning that I couldn't turn them in for the XP reward, but aside from that, I had finished the entire game, while making sure at least half of my gear had Combat XP boost attributes, and I still needed 50,000 Combat XP. WTF. I walked over and dispatched a group of zombies, only to receive 74 Combat XP. I had to literally run around the city, farming random encounters and swiping at the occasional enemy, to eventually reach the next level, it was a total chore.

Ultramarathon is one of the worst implemented trophies I've ever come across. I had to make two Playthroughs of this game in order to circumvent the numerous bugs and problems throughout. That made a combined total of 118 hours. I have utterly ran out of 'game' to play. One save has all activities and main missions done, the other is 100% complete. The trophy is supposed to track across both Playthroughs and it still hasn't popped. Part of the reason why I'm making this post is because I currently have two rubber bands on my controller, and this beats watching a pair of legs hurtle around in circles. I am totally confused. Did they think that this game has enough content for the trophy to pop naturally? Did they expect players to make more than two Playthroughs, despite the lack of NG+? Did they think their utterly unstable co-op would be make this worth doing? Or did they just want to waste people's time? There are reports online of people having to rubber-band their controller for FORTY HOURS after completion of the game. The PowerPyx guide suggests 30. Seriously what were they thinking with this? This BS makes the rest of the list seem totally reasonable by comparison.

At first glance I actually thought the trophy list seemed decent, but I'm actually close to quitting on the final trophy and waiting for content to justify the kilometres...

• Like 1

Took me 30 hours with rubber band. But if you think, those trophies are the worst, you should check out the trophies for Battlefield Hardline. Especially the DLC Trophies. 40000 kills in Battlefield Multiplayer. That's insane. 

These are all the same complaints that have already been complained about in other threads by others. 

The trophy list is really not that bad. No, this trophy list is not like most other games these days that just gifts you a platinum trophy simply for playing the game to completion, this game requires a bit more effort and encourages you to play the game twice to not only try out the different story choices you can make but max out the Inhibitors for one or the other which depending on which one you go with, it will change how you have to play the game. The game shouldn't have to adjust itself to accommodate trophy hunters that just want to rush through the game and get the platinum as fast as possible. 

Also, there are incredibly easy workarounds and exploits for all these complaints if you wish to use them (which you seem to be aware of but yet you're still complaining?). Combat XP can easily be gained after completing the game and killing the new Gold level enemies that spawn which give you about 2000xp a pop. The millionaire trophy can easily be gotten in the flooded section if you drained the water there by getting bolters to drop rare crystals which infinitely respawn. You can get to a million money in like 20 minutes this way. PowerPyx has a thorough guide on all the collectibles and missable ones so you can't miss anything, you can save scum the Inhibitors if you want to get the platinum in one playthrough, and the Ultramarathon trophy is the only one that I would agree is ridiculous but rubberbanding in a Metro and you can get that done in about 30 hours without even having to play the game. There are far more ridiculous, grindy trophies in other games than that one, trust me.

And if you don't like the trophy list? Then don't do it then, simple. The game doesn't owe you a platinum just because you played it. The trophy list is fine, the entitled trophy hunter mentality is the problem here. 

• Like 1

I'm locked out of a trophy(and by extension the plat) because a collectible is not available after a story point.. That and somehow a quest that doesn't even spawn after two playthroughs. And that 1 mil trophy is BS. Same for the marathon. Trophies don't even track... How am i supposed to know how many km I ran?! 

Edited by GoryGreg

2 hours ago, GoryGreg said:

I'm locked out of a trophy(and by extension the plat) because a collectible is not available after a story point.. That and somehow a quest that doesn't even spawn after two playthroughs. And that 1 mil trophy is BS. Same for the marathon. Trophies don't even track... How am i supposed to know how many km I ran?! 

I gonna guess you missed the first carrier in the bazaar I found him on accident without een knowing I needed him, i hit the survivor sense and he showed up green, the mission not showing up is to kill or not to kill easy way to get it is follow a video on youtube something about the renegade camp is causing that one to glitch, 1 million dollar trophy just keep selling your items and buying them back, and ultramarathon is just ridiculous it will take atleast 100-150 hours just to get that trophy, now i understand why they where throwing around the 200-500 hour time when they said how long game will take to complete