Curse of the Dead Gods - Boss No Damage runs (Bestiary entries miniguide)

Copanele

Great guide! I actually just posted about my favoured set-up for no-hitting bosses in another thread, but will repost here. It's basically the below: 

• Sword of Conjunctivius: Base stats are highest in the game.
  • Relics: +30/45% hit bonus in darkness (final boss counts as 'dark', even though the area is quite bright) and +30/45% critical hit (the finisher for swords is always a critical hit). Also, anything that gives +1 level to cursed weapons. Some of the cursed relics are fantastic, albeit rarer: Accursed Codex (+50% to all damage and Crown of Cursed King (+40 to all stats while under final curse). The depleting health of final curse obviously doesn't matter with this build. 
  • Curses: There are a couple of 'good' curses - one hides enemies but does +20% damage in darkness, for instance. That said, early in runs I tend to pick up a relic or two that reduces gold/blood costs. I also try to pick up a relic that has at least 66% (preferably 100%) extra rewards when you sacrifice pick-ups. This nets you loads of gold and, importantly, corruption reduction to avoid picking up too many curses.
  • Blessings: Grace of Tempest (+1 Dexterity for each no-hit room), Favor of Sich'al (Gain 1000 gold and 5 Perception at the start of your exploration) and Reptilian Hunger (Greed Kill doesn't reset out of encounters or when switching rooms)
  • Room choices: I tend to hit Relic rooms, Weapon upgrade rooms, Bosses and 'Chest/Time limit' rooms. 

With Sword of Conjunctivius, you die any time you get hit - so it can be slow-going having to save scum at the beginning of most rooms. But you can wreck bosses once you get a few +45% damage relics, and you're going to need a lot of no-hit clearances to fill the Bestiary, so worth getting used to restarting after hits.

To increase the chances of getting the Sword, I tend to lock out almost all other weapon choices in nexus area. I just leave Corrupted weapons and a few others (poison claws). 

If you've built up a decent bunch of relics and gold heading into the final boss, you have a decent chance. One great thing about the final boss is that when the 'curse anvil' drops on you throughout the fight, it doesn't count as a hit. Found this out on one of my playthroughs – it still counts as a no-hit as long as Clovis or ads don't hit you. 

For example, in the below video, you see me get hit by the anvil twice, and it still counted as a no-hit win against Clovis. It's not the smoothest of no-hit wins, granted. But it was the only video I already had on my system of a no-hit win. And I wanted to show the damage output of a beefed-up Sword of C. 

Also, Apologies for the annoying button bashing sound, I forgot to mute my pad mic on PS5...

Edited by Finch_III
Added some names for relics.
  • Like 4

Dude - when you get in on a game, you get in on that game!

I gotta admit - Knowing your Dark Souls and fighting game credentials, I kinda knew that if you got in on CotDG, you’d set about cracking the codes, mapping those boss fight DNA helixes and end up being the sensei soon enough…but that happened fast! ?

Outstanding work here - I’ve been chipping away at the game every now and then - just in my disorganised, scattershot way (which is pretty much my MO in all games?) - but there’s a lot of new things for me to have a go at here, and looking forward to trying them out!

… who knows, maybe I actually might get that plat afterall…:hmm:

…probably not, but still! ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Great guide! I actually just posted about my favoured set-up for no-hitting bosses in another thread, but will repost here. It's basically the below: 

• Sword of Conjunctivius: Base stats are highest in the game.
  • Relics: +30/45% hit bonus in darkness (final boss counts as 'dark', even though the area is quite bright) and +30/45% critical hit (the finisher for swords is always a critical hit). Also, anything that gives +1 level to cursed weapons. 
  • Curses: There are a couple of 'good' curses - one hides enemies but does +20% damage in darkness, for instance. That said, early in runs I tend to pick up a relic or two that reduces gold/blood costs. I also try to pick up a relic that has at least 66% (preferably 100%) extra rewards when you sacrifice pick-ups. This nets you loads of gold and, importantly, corruption reduction to avoid picking up too many curses.
  • Blessings: Grace of Tempest (+1 Dexterity for each no-hit room), Favor of Sich'al (Gain 1000 gold and 5 Perception at the start of your exploration) and Reptilian Hunger (Greed Kill doesn't reset out of encounters or when switching rooms)
  • Room choices: I tend to hit Relic rooms, Weapon upgrade rooms, Bosses and 'Chest/Time limit' rooms. 

With Sword of Conjunctivius, you die any time you get hit - so it can be slow-going having to save scum at the beginning of most rooms. But you can wreck bosses once you get a few +45% damage relics, and you're going to need a lot of no-hit clearances to fill the Bestiary, so worth getting used to restarting after hits.

To increase the chances of getting the Sword, I tend to lock out almost all other weapon choices in nexus area. I just leave Corrupted weapons and a few others (poison claws). 

If you've built up a decent bunch of relics and gold heading into the final boss, you have a decent chance. One great thing about the final boss is that when the 'curse anvil' drops on you throughout the fight, it doesn't count as a hit. Found this out on one of my playthroughs – it still counts as a no-hit as long as Clovis or ads don't hit you. 

For example, in the below video, you see me get hit by the anvil twice, and it still counted as a no-hit win against Clovis. It's not the smoothest of no-hit wins, granted. But it was the only video I already had on my system of a no-hit win. And I wanted to show the damage output of a beefed-up Sword of C. 

Also, Apologies for the annoying button bashing sound, I forgot to mute my pad mic on PS5...

Wow, I heard that the Sword of Conjunctivius is OP but ~1600 damage on one final strike? That's INSANE xD Also great video as a reference.

Thank you very much for the share! I would have liked to try this sword, it's always selected it and a few others (claws, guns and the fire bow) but... I never had it dropped even once. Damn sword is super elusive. The moment I get my hands on it I am definitely going for a run, need to experiment more ?.

Also Curse Arrow/Anvil doesn't count as a hit??That is some great piece of information right there! That being said, I do use that to "stunlock" the boss, but if I mistime my dodge I don't have to restart anymore, that's amazing news thanks!

6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Dude - when you get in on a game, you get in on that game!

I gotta admit - Knowing your Dark Souls and fighting game credentials, I kinda knew that if you got in on CotDG, you’d set about cracking the codes, mapping those boss fight DNA helixes and end up being the sensei soon enough…but that happened fast! 1f602.png

Outstanding work here - I’ve been chipping away at the game every now and then - just in my disorganised, scattershot way (which is pretty much my MO in all games1f61d.png) - but there’s a lot of new things for me to have a go at here, and looking forward to trying them out!

… who knows, maybe I actually might get that plat afterall…:hmm:

…probably not, but still! 1f602.png

Well what can I say, you got me with this game xD it's got all the good stuff that I normally love in a videogame. I do tend to obsess over games that catch my interest, so that's why I tried to go proficient mode as fast as possible, I needed to tinker with builds!

You will get the plat one day :D No rushing it, one run per day/week should be more than enough. As long as you don't get tilted by the Dark Avatar of the Eagle as I do. Smh that boss is worse to no-damage than Clovis for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Wow, I heard that the Sword of Conjunctivius is OP but ~1600 damage on one final strike? That's INSANE xD Also great video as a reference.

Thank you very much for the share! I would have liked to try this sword, it's always selected it and a few others (claws, guns and the fire bow) but... I never had it dropped even once. Damn sword is super elusive. The moment I get my hands on it I am definitely going for a run, need to experiment more 1f60e.png.

Also Curse Arrow/Anvil doesn't count as a hit??That is some great piece of information right there! That being said, I do use that to "stunlock" the boss, but if I mistime my dodge I don't have to restart anymore, that's amazing news thanks!

No problem. I definitely think the stun-lock method is much cleaner than mine! Most of the bosses barely get a chance to move haha. Perhaps one benefit of Sword of C is that it's great for racking up Elite kills throughout your runs too, if you still need some of those to fill out your Bestiary. One combo and they're always dead.

Also, to improve the drop rate on the sword, I tend to 'banish' like 90% of the weapons in the nexus area. Essentially, lock them out from appearing in runs. I leave a couple of elemental claws and the cursed weapons, and that's it. For a truly OP Sword of C build, you can sometimes get a Cursed secondary weapon that doubles the stats of your main weapon. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finch_III said:

No problem. I definitely think the stun-lock method is much cleaner than mine! Most of the bosses barely get a chance to move haha. Perhaps one benefit of Sword of C is that it's great for racking up Elite kills throughout your runs too, if you still need some of those to fill out your Bestiary. One combo and they're always dead.

Also, to improve the drop rate on the sword, I tend to 'banish' like 90% of the weapons in the nexus area. Essentially, lock them out from appearing in runs. I leave a couple of elemental claws and the cursed weapons, and that's it. For a truly OP Sword of C build, you can sometimes get a Cursed secondary weapon that doubles the stats of your main weapon. 

I finally got my hand on Sword of C with a +damage on curse active and...my god...it's wrecking everything.

Unfortunately I forgot to backup my save so I died like a dumbass from a random arrow xD definitely need to try more.

Alright, so I kinda "finessed" the Clovis fight to the point where it doesn't take more than 3 tries to no-damage him. I need to hit him with the claw&pistol combo 3 times, then flail the claws only until the arrow appears above my head. Recover the stamina, rinse and repeat. 

In phase 2 Clovis didn't even have an opportunity to attack ? will update the main post also.

The only boss left to "master" is that stupid Avatar of the Eagle, god I hate that one so much.

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I finally got my hand on Sword of C with a +damage on curse active and...my god...it's wrecking everything.

Unfortunately I forgot to backup my save so I died like a dumbass from a random arrow xD definitely need to try more.

Alright, so I kinda "finessed" the Clovis fight to the point where it doesn't take more than 3 tries to no-damage him. I need to hit him with the claw&pistol combo 3 times, then flail the claws only until the arrow appears above my head. Recover the stamina, rinse and repeat. 

In phase 2 Clovis didn't even have an opportunity to attack 1f602.png will update the main post also.

The only boss left to "master" is that stupid Avatar of the Eagle, god I hate that one so much.

Yeah, I think what's great about the Sword of C set-up is that it's pretty much good for every boss - the damage output means you don't really have to even learn to defend their moves much. Even the Avatar of the Eagle - he's basically a punching bag when calling those storm clouds, so you get a free three hits + finisher on him. It's enough that you can usually knock him down to his next 'storm call', so he'll do a move (max two), then call the storm again. Another four free hits. 

But yeah, a major downside is that you basically have to save scum every floor or two. Which is super tedious haha. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 5:05 PM, Finch_III said:

Yeah, I think what's great about the Sword of C set-up is that it's pretty much good for every boss - the damage output means you don't really have to even learn to defend their moves much. Even the Avatar of the Eagle - he's basically a punching bag when calling those storm clouds, so you get a free three hits + finisher on him. It's enough that you can usually knock him down to his next 'storm call', so he'll do a move (max two), then call the storm again. Another four free hits. 

But yeah, a major downside is that you basically have to save scum every floor or two. Which is super tedious haha. 

Ok, 3 Sword of C runs later, I found a neat trick.

You die with the Sword if you have it equipped in your hand. However if you equip the 2handed weapon, even if you take damage you won't die since the sword is sheated. I managed to dodge a fatal blow by switching to my bow instead :D 

2 hours ago, Copanele said:

Ok, 3 Sword of C runs later, I found a neat trick.

You die with the Sword if you have it equipped in your hand. However if you equip the 2handed weapon, even if you take damage you won't die since the sword is sheated. I managed to dodge a fatal blow by switching to my bow instead :D 

Yeah, it's pretty cool (I was aware of it). I don't use it too much, as I'm usually doing no-hit runs with Sword of C anyway – and I find swapping between weapons a bit clunky. But it's super useful if you don't really need a no-hit win on a particular boss on your way to the end. 

Just got my fifth Clovis no-hit today. Just need to clear up the rest of the Bestiary now. Lots of elites ... :(

• Like 1

@Finch_III @Copanele

So, I think my not having any kind of head for coming up with OP builds is paying off now...

...since I had spent so long trying to get no-hits on the bosses (and Clovis) with just my standard-ass set ups, I had learned their patterns very well..., now that I'm trying this Sword of Conjunctivitus build, I am wrecking those fools. I've now got 3 of my 5 no-hits done on Clovis, and am sitting at like 6 or 7 done for every boss (except for Ratyapu-  that bugger is still so fast, that my rolling is not working as well as I'd hoped!)

For the rest through, all that training without a strat was like Rocky learning to fight right-handed - now I've got the Sword of C build, it feels like switching back to to South-Paw in the final round... I feel like I'm mopping the floor with some of them ? 

Still got a lot of Elites left after that, but I reckon that plat might be in sight now... 

...and with my 500th coming up - it could end up landing right on it, depending on how things go!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

@Finch_III @Copanele

So, I think my not having any kind of head for coming up with OP builds is paying off now...

...since I had spent so long trying to get no-hits on the bosses (and Clovis) with just my standard-ass set ups, I had learned their patterns very well..., now that I'm trying this Sword of Conjunctivitus build, I am wrecking those fools. I've now got 3 of my 5 no-hits done on Clovis, and am sitting at like 6 or 7 done for every boss (except for Ratyapu-  that bugger is still so fast, that my rolling is not working as well as I'd hoped!)

For the rest through, all that training without a strat was like Rocky learning to fight right-handed - now I've got the Sword of C build, it feels like switching back to to South-Paw in the final round... I feel like I'm mopping the floor with some of them 1f602.png 

Still got a lot of Elites left after that, but I reckon that plat might be in sight now... 

...and with my 500th coming up - it could end up landing right on it, depending on how things go!

Congrats man, I'm glad the build has been working for you! I got 4/5 of my no-hit kills on Clovis with it (one of them was with a poison claw, pistol build similar to OP's set-up). 

Best tip I can give for Ratyapu is parrying. He does a one-two strike that is really choreographed - the first strike has a pretty big wind-up. Practice a few times learning to parry that, and you'll wreck him (he'll be weakened after the parry, so Sword of C will do even more damage). When he powers up, you can still parry it - but you need to be a little quicker with the parry. Edit: I'm terrible at parrying by the way – he's one of the few enemies/bosses that I use parrying on. 

I'm sort of where you are now. I've killed Clovis 5/5 and done most of the other bosses (1 kill left on a couple of them). But I have soooo many elites. Literally have 20 kills left on each of the 'super' elites (Elite blademasters, big skulls, the Jaguar mecha-robot things, the 'Tomb horrors', Blood Priests AND the floating skull balls). Approx 60-70 Elite kills left, which is bleak seeing as you can only get about 10 elites per run. :/ 

I have 96 platinums at the moment. Was thinking of having this as my 100th, but I'm on a bit of a roll with it recently, so might just see it through. 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

@Finch_III @Copanele

For the rest through, all that training without a strat was like Rocky learning to fight right-handed - now I've got the Sword of C build, it feels like switching back to to South-Paw in the final round... I feel like I'm mopping the floor with some of them 1f602.png 

Hot damn you really got motivated, congrats there :D Yeah Sword of Conjunctivius is super OP even without upgrading it xD like this, you really have quite the good chances to blast through those bosses.

For Ratyapu run from him, dodge his spear and when he does his blade swipes dodge into his second swipe and start wailing at him. If you dodge into his swipe you will always get your stamina point back. He does seem scary at first until you see that he's a glorified Pursuer (from that other stamina based game :awesome:)

However...and i will quote @Finch_III here as well

12 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

I'm sort of where you are now. I've killed Clovis 5/5 and done most of the other bosses (1 kill left on a couple of them). But I have soooo many elites. Literally have 20 kills left on each of the 'super' elites (Elite blademasters, big skulls, the Jaguar mecha-robot things, the 'Tomb horrors', Blood Priests AND the floating skull balls). Approx 60-70 Elite kills left, which is bleak seeing as you can only get about 10 elites per run. :/ 

THIS IS STUPID GRINDY! From my side, I need 27 Blademasters, 16 Soul Reliquaries (Eagle Temple),27 Tomb Horrors and 27 Titan Skulls (Snake Temple). I severely underestimated how annoying it is to farm these critters.

Thus being said, I wish to suggest an alternative to Sword of C, if you only need to grind mobs and don't want to live in fear of getting sucker punched back to the start. That weapon is "Effulgence" Harbinger of Yaatz. 

IVCtwOm.jpg

This bow drops from K'ax taca (first boss in the Eagle temple), 20% chance to drop if you kill the boss during his lightning ray animation. THIS BOW IS BEASTLY! It has a lightning attack and electrified enemies get an extra lightning strike. Plus, if you dodge right after you shoot you get an EXTRA arrow in the enemy.

The way I play with this bow is charging a shot, shooting then instantly dodge and charge another shot. The dodge shot will electrify the enemy so my next charge shot will cause critical damage (all bows have critical on charged shots) + lightning strike. With Relics focused on Lightning damage and Critical damage, this bad boy deals some absurd damage.
And the best part - this damn weapon can stunlock the enemy. It's especially effective against Blademasters which are honestly the most annoying out of them all for me.

The downside...well...it's not as powerful as Sword of C. Nothing is, really ? But I bet it's the next best weapon in the entire game. I unlocked all weapons and none comes even close to this damn bow, even with focused builds. Except Sword of C. 

• Like 1

Hot damn you really got motivated, congrats there :D Yeah Sword of Conjunctivius is super OP even without upgrading it xD like this, you really have quite the good chances to blast through those bosses.

For Ratyapu run from him, dodge his spear and when he does his blade swipes dodge into his second swipe and start wailing at him. If you dodge into his swipe you will always get your stamina point back. He does seem scary at first until you see that he's a glorified Pursuer (from that other stamina based game :awesome:)

THIS IS STUPID GRINDY! From my side, I need 27 Blademasters, 16 Soul Reliquaries (Eagle Temple),27 Tomb Horrors and 27 Titan Skulls (Snake Temple). I severely underestimated how annoying it is to farm these critters.

Thus being said, I wish to suggest an alternative to Sword of C, if you only need to grind mobs and don't want to live in fear of getting sucker punched back to the start. That weapon is "Effulgence" Harbinger of Yaatz. 

IVCtwOm.jpg

This bow drops from K'ax taca (first boss in the Eagle temple), 20% chance to drop if you kill the boss during his lightning ray animation. THIS BOW IS BEASTLY! It has a lightning attack and electrified enemies get an extra lightning strike. Plus, if you dodge right after you shoot you get an EXTRA arrow in the enemy.

The way I play with this bow is charging a shot, shooting then instantly dodge and charge another shot. The dodge shot will electrify the enemy so my next charge shot will cause critical damage (all bows have critical on charged shots) + lightning strike. With Relics focused on Lightning damage and Critical damage, this bad boy deals some absurd damage.
And the best part - this damn weapon can stunlock the enemy. It's especially effective against Blademasters which are honestly the most annoying out of them all for me.

The downside...well...it's not as powerful as Sword of C. Nothing is, really 1f605.png But I bet it's the next best weapon in the entire game. I unlocked all weapons and none comes even close to this damn bow, even with focused builds. Except Sword of C. 

That bow looks awesome - I don’t have that one, but I’ll se what I can do about killing him in that animation, because a serious bow build might be just what the doctor ordered for those final elite hunting runs.

Still trying to work out where the most elites spawn - if there is any advantage to going for the hard runs, or just the regular top-tier one… though TBH, not really worrying until these bosses are good and Beastieried!

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That bow looks awesome - I don’t have that one, but I’ll se what I can do about killing him in that animation, because a serious bow build might be just what the doctor ordered for those final elite hunting runs.

Still trying to work out where the most elites spawn - if there is any advantage to going for the hard runs, or just the regular top-tier one… though TBH, not really worrying until these bosses are good and Beastieried!

I only went for top tier regular runs. I will actually fire up a hard run now and let you know...in about 20 minutes xD 

• Like 1

I only went for top tier regular runs. I will actually fire up a hard run now and let you know...in about 20 minutes xD 

Nice!
?

Goddamn - you’re a pit bull, son - I’ve been picking away at this one for 6 months… took you a week to pass me by, and become my teacher! ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice!
1f602.png

Goddamn - you’re a pit bull, son - I’ve been picking away at this one for 6 months… took you a week to pass me by, and become my teacher! 1f61d.png

So the verdict - nah, go for regular runs. Hard runs spawn the Elite mobs exactly the same, except they are beefier than ever xD And you die faster.

And what can I say...when a game catches me, it's really hard to let it go. It's another checkmark in my "Damn I love gameplay" list? but well, since you presented me such a fine game, it's only proper to offer some small strategies in return ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

@Copanele 

Zoinks - just got that bow, (I never would have tried hitting the final blow during that move!) and it seems awesome!

All I’ve done is test it out in the run I’m in - don’t have any lightning buffs even, but it’s already a beast… that’s an amazing shout!

Hah yep, it's quite the beast. It's pretty good against certain bosses too (for instance Avatar of the Serpent can be stunlocked by this bow without him summoning his snakes more than twice).

Doesn't work that well against Clovis though, from what I experienced.

OK, now after more specific runs, here's a weapon that you would definitely like. This one is to spice things up a bit, if you get bored by the same weaponries: "Cataclysm" T'amok's Fury.

TWSpdzb.jpg

To be honest, it took me a while to get this weapon. You get it from the Sun Girl in the temple of the Jaguar if you parry her whip 3 times(not sure if in a row or just overall). Other than doing quite some good damage, this flaming whip has the chance to summon those land mines that explode and do fire damage.

If you want to go for this specific weapon do not parry the Moon Bro else you might get his shitty sword instead.

The problem with this whip is that it doesn't do critical damage, whiiich kinda sucks. BUT! If you can get this whip, fire damage buffs and light damage buffs, this damn thing blasts everything around you and makes it rain with landmines. I always use it as an off-hand weapon, by the time I reach stage 3 in the temples I just go in the middle of the enemies, do an off-hand combo and it starts raining with explosives xD 

The explosives harm you as well so make sure you leg it before you get caught in the blast. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Hah yep, it's quite the beast. It's pretty good against certain bosses too (for instance Avatar of the Serpent can be stunlocked by this bow without him summoning his snakes more than twice).

Doesn't work that well against Clovis though, from what I experienced.

OK, now after more specific runs, here's a weapon that you would definitely like. This one is to spice things up a bit, if you get bored by the same weaponries: "Cataclysm" T'amok's Fury.

TWSpdzb.jpg

To be honest, it took me a while to get this weapon. You get it from the Sun Girl in the temple of the Jaguar if you parry her whip 3 times(not sure if in a row or just overall). Other than doing quite some good damage, this flaming whip has the chance to summon those land mines that explode and do fire damage.

If you want to go for this specific weapon do not parry the Moon Bro else you might get his shitty sword instead.

The problem with this whip is that it doesn't do critical damage, whiiich kinda sucks. BUT! If you can get this whip, fire damage buffs and light damage buffs, this damn thing blasts everything around you and makes it rain with landmines. I always use it as an off-hand weapon, by the time I reach stage 3 in the temples I just go in the middle of the enemies, do an off-hand combo and it starts raining with explosives xD 

The explosives harm you as well so make sure you leg it before you get caught in the blast. 

man… that does sound awesome…?

…if only I wasn’t FUCKING TERRIBLE at parrying that whip! ?

I remember trying to get the timing on that early on, when I was still trying to parry everything, and man - was that a disaster!

Might try giving it a go with a shield up, for the extra parry timing window, but given my track record, I’d say the odds of me parrying the whip 3 times then beating her, is about the same odds of me accidentally inhaling the couch I’m sitting on! ?

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

man… that does sound awesome…1f61f.png

…if only I wasn’t FUCKING TERRIBLE at parrying that whip! 1f602.png

I remember trying to get the timing on that early on, when I was still trying to parry everything, and man - was that a disaster!

Might try giving it a go with a shield up, for the extra parry timing window, but given my track record, I’d say the odds of me parrying the whip 3 times then beating her, is about the same odds of me accidentally inhaling the couch I’m sitting on! 1f602.png

Shield totally works xD with the shield up, press the parry button the moment the boss swings the whip down. 

Without the shield - yeah the timing is pretty tricky to nail down consistently, not gonna lie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

Ha, good luck both of you. I've got 19 blademasters, 14 soul reliquaries, 23 Tomb Horrors, 16 headless guardians and 16 Titan skulls. 

My preferred way for grinding elites is to pick weapon upgrade and weapon change rooms. They're the quickest, as you have three rounds of enemies in one room - and the last wave always has one of the major elites. Saves trekking through dungeons. Also, the time trial/no-hit trials tend to have a couple of elites in them. 

Clovis also summons three random big elites in his final wave of the first phase. It's super grindy though. Kinda done with the game now tbh haha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

Ha, good luck both of you. I've got 19 blademasters, 14 soul reliquaries, 23 Tomb Horrors, 16 headless guardians and 16 Titan skulls. 

My preferred way for grinding elites is to pick weapon upgrade and weapon change rooms. They're the quickest, as you have three rounds of enemies in one room - and the last wave always has one of the major elites. Saves trekking through dungeons. Also, the time trial/no-hit trials tend to have a couple of elites in them. 

Clovis also summons three random big elites in his final wave of the first phase. It's super grindy though. Kinda done with the game now tbh haha

Yep that's good advice, that's how I do it too. Selecting the path with the most weapon upgrade/changes and praying that I don't get only elites that I don't need.

Also my god is Temple of the Eagle brutal. Can't catch a break from all those traps and stupid blademasters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Yep that's good advice, that's how I do it too. Selecting the path with the most weapon upgrade/changes and praying that I don't get only elites that I don't need.

Also my god is Temple of the Eagle brutal. Can't catch a break from all those traps and stupid blademasters.

Haha, I pretty much save scum every room of the last third of a run. And then, if I get an elite I've already got, I just reload my save – you get a different one each time.