Question about Farm Items

Just a little confused about the stat boosting farm items such as punching bag and study room. How do these work exactly? Do they actually add more points to either your base or bonus stats or do they just speed up the rate at which your bonus stats (ABI) get applied? My understanding is the maximum number of bonus stats you can get is capped at 150 provided you have the max ABI of 200.

If they do increase your base stats, do you still get these gains if your Digimon are already at max level or do you have to de-Digivolve them to allow the increase to be applied as you level up? I know your bonus stats will continue to increase at max level if you haven’t already used them all up.

Thanks in advance.

Regarding farm items like the punching bag etc, they heavily influence which stat will increase whilst your digimon is on the farm (most noticable during training), they are added to your bonus stats.  With a bit of work you can get 150 points into a single stat ;)

You don't need to (de)digivolve to get the stats, they're present as you earn them.  I can't remember if (de)digivolving add/minuses some points (sorry been a while since I played).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Regarding farm items like the punching bag etc, they heavily influence which stat will increase whilst your digimon is on the farm (most noticable during training), they are added to your bonus stats.  With a bit of work you can get 150 points into a single stat ;)

You don't need to (de)digivolve to get the stats, they're present as you earn them.  I can't remember if (de)digivolving add/minuses some points (sorry been a while since I played).

Right, so you’re saying they won’t add points to your base points and are therefore not permanent? It just speeds up gaining of the bonus points to that particular stat but is still capped by the ABI limit. Am I understanding that correctly?

I’m just wondering if I’m missing out on potentially increased overall stats by not using them, but then theoretically you could raise every stat to 999 which I don’t think is possible.

No, like you say there are 150 bonus stat points available, you can increase (and decrease) bonus stat points with training (and items).  Utilising the farm and specific training items you can influence where these stat points are distributed :)

i.e I have a Lilithmon that I have trained to have an extra 150 bonus stat points in INT

This might help explain better (in great detail XD)

Edited by Dark_Overlord

Haha yes thank you for that. I read that guide as well as many others but just wasn’t sure if only your bonus stats increased or your base stats did too. I have since gained a better understanding of the farm and how the points system works and now realize that only your bonus stats are affected.

You can then obviously then change them however you like with the use of restraint chips and farm goods/food, but the only base points affected are from the personality type which adds about 5% but is then removed if you change to a different personality type and added to that related stat.

Thanks again, it’s much appreciated. The more I play this game the more I appreciate it. These complex systems actually allow for a complete level of freedom over how you customize your Digimon and are actually quite beautiful in the way they work. I’m getting a lot more out of it than the first Cyber Sleuth game as I didn’t embrace/utilize them fully in that one. I also really like how you can digivolve/de-digivolve to different Digimon to gain their moves and then change back to the one you had to cover off a variety of different elements.

Edited by Rowbokop

• 2 weeks later...

Are you meaning how to beat them?

Sorry if any of these sound obvious, but just covering off everything in case there’s something you might’ve missed.

1. Max out your Digimon to their highest level and generation.

2. Try to have Digimon that have INT or DEF piercing damage for their special moves.

3. Make sure you’re using the right type to fight with ie. vaccine against virus, data against vaccine, virus against data. If they’re also the right attribute ie fire against plant, that’s a bonus but you can’t always have both and the correct type is far more important than the correct attribute. I carried with me 3 Digimon of each type and 2 free ones for maximum effectiveness on any given opponent, especially when there’s only one or they’re down to the last one. 

4. Go in with 11 Digimon and have as many recovery/revive items as you can afford in case a few die.

5. Set difficulty to Normal if you’re playing on hard.

6. Attach moves that match the Digimon’s stats ie physical attacks for Digimon that have higher attack stat and magic attacks for Digimon that have higher INT stat. Or just stick to their special moves.

7. In battle try and take out one enemy completely before moving onto another, but this strategy is up to you.

I personally set my Digimon’s personality type to builder/searcher so I could evenly spread out the bonus stats and then attached SPD A equipment on all of them to get the most turns first in battle. But you can adjust these according to your preference and playing style. Main thing is to utilize all of your ABI points, whichever stats you choose to allocate them to.

Do you have your 9 PlatinumNumemon and 9 Tactician USBs for quickly leveling up your mons? Do you know about adjusting your mon’s stats using ABI, personality type and restraint chips?

How far through the game are you?

Let me know if any of this helps or if you have any questions or are still struggling.

Edited by Rowbokop