Which studio would you aquire to counter MS buying Activision?

The_Mighty_Ducks

9 minutes ago, Wavergray said:

Anyway Sony will be fine, for them a better move would be to spend like 500 million to make a few new in house studios instead of spending billions on a bunch of IPs, debts, and contracts.

Also, the only reason Microsoft doesn't just buy Sony is because of anti-trust law 

wouldn't be bad idea. If they can do more big budget games etc that take full advantage of the hardware.

Also I've seen posts on news sites stating experts(who? idk) think the Activision deal will fall through due to anti-trust laws.

Ideally none as that is not good for the industry...

I'd like to see them try and strike a deal with Konami for Console+PC rights to their IPs though, leaving Konami to still use their IPs for pachinko machines. Konami's IPs are just dormant anyways since they aren't doing anything with them so that would just be a net positive to the industry

Id say bandai namco because they are basically the Japanese activision since they are almost as old and have so much other stuff attached(like anime, gunpla, toys, ect.). Plus i would kill to see a sucker punch developed one pirece game, an insomniac gundam game, and a PlayStation all stars reboot by a proper fighting game dev.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaos_Culture said:

I think it's pretty weird to feel a religious attachment to a video game company.
Anybody that's capable of dropping this mentality realizes this constant consolidation is not a good thing and will not end well for gamers that want quality games, in the long run.

Quite frankly, I dont want woke Sony's far leftism being forced into other companies so I'd rather they didnt buy anything. For the love of god, I hope they stay away from Japanese companies.

In a dream world, California based, far left Sony would buy Nintendo?
Can I have some of the crack you are smoking, please.

Sony is gonna have to back off on some of it's nonsensical policies before them buying anything could be considered a good thing.

Man, I wish I was the level blind corporate sheep you are.
"Let's just let Disney control the world because we arent thinking for 2 seconds.  Lets ignore the fact they film movies beside concentration camps and fire actresses for being anti-nazi"
If Anti-trust laws were actually enforced, Disney wouldnt own half the stuff it does.

I have to agree with everything you said here. Disney is another company that's too big and powerful for its own good.

• Like 4

Rockstar for GTA - EA for Fifa.

But I think GTA would be the biggest deal. GTA Exclusive would be much bigger than the whole Activision-Blizzard Deal.

Btw - its quite sad that none of them is caring about "what can we do to give our customers the beste experience?".

Because of Microsofts turn, its all about "what company should we buy next" now.

I hate this.

SEGA!

All upcoming projects not currently in development for, or soon to release on any Microsoft platform become exclusive to the following:

• PC: - Steam and Epic Games Store. Though, most likely only on Stream.
  • Consoles: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch. Hooray for Japan!
  • Mobile: - App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). This is assuming anyone still plays Sonic Dash or whatever that mediocre Temple Run clone is called. I don’t know, I’ve not played a mobile game since Plants vs. Zombies 2 effectively killed about all interest I had for the future of mobile gaming. Fast forward 8-9 years later and now as I’m typing I’m reminded of how right I am to no longer support this market.

Personally, acquiring SEGA makes sense because Microsoft is based in the United States unlike Sony, Nintendo and of course SEGA who together share Japanese origins. Of course a franchise as prolific as Sonic The Hedgehog will sell on anything but aside from that, I don’t entirely understand why SEGA’s other big franchises (specifically Persona and Yakuza, keep in mind ATLUS and SEGA are basically the same thing) for a platform that’s not all that big for an eastern market. Yes I’m talking about you, Xbox.

Also I would cut all ties with Google Stadia, assuming that platform is still a thing (if not, that’s great. I mean, WTF were they thinking? Gender neutral gaming controllers? It’s no wonder the phrase “go woke, go broke” exists but because Google is based in San Francisco of all places they may never understand this, of course.

Edited by PMV
Yes I know PlayStation is “technically” no-longer Japanese with SIE Worldwide having migrated to California (*insert bruh sound effect here*) back in 2016. Ah well…

On 2022-01-18 at 11:51 AM, DaivRules said:

None. That legitimizes their tactic and only further escalates the situation.

I came in this thread to post something... and already saw that what I was thinking was posted.

Why does Sony need to do anything here? The fact that MS made this move shows that Sony is already and still is top dog. If anything, Sony just needs to reveal their 'Spartacus' thing that they have secretly planned. That should be enough to topple this move.

Sony was already way ahead in the exclusives game.  Microsoft bought Activision a shitty AAA money hungry company that lost all artistic aspirations to counter that fact.  I don't think that accomplishes much.  Lets say they do what i think they should do which is to make COD a exclusive.  Maybe some die hard COD fans who play the new version every year 24/7 jump ship and go  to xbox.  This means nothing.  The guy who plays COD 24/7 doesn't make Sony any money anyway.   Now maybe they make overwatch an exclusive. how much creativity do you think it takes to make a war game campaign or a hero based squad shooter?  It's pretty basic stuff isn't it?  The only reason COD is on top is they once became so big they can out advertise everyone eslse.  Make these games exclusive someone will come along and replace them as a playstation exclusive within a few years.  It will be fresh and probably better than anything Activision churns out.   

On 18/01/2022 at 5:43 PM, Rozalia1 said:

A partnership with Nintendo (say Sony allowing Nintendo games on their console and giving Nintendo all of the money) or a merger would be the only thing that would be so massive that'd it'd instantly reverse and more all that Microsoft is doing. Nothing else would come close to having that effect.

Buying/creating a large amount of studios on the cheap would be the better move I'd say. So basically what they've been doing thus far, but more of it.

A PlayStation/Nintendo merger would be really interesting to see. Imagine the possibilities. If both Nintendo and PlayStation felt Xbox was a big enough threat to them, it could be logical to team up. Also it would go full circle and right the wrongs of the failed Sony/Nintendo partnership of the early 90s. 

7 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

A PlayStation/Nintendo merger would be really interesting to see. Imagine the possibilities. If both Nintendo and PlayStation felt Xbox was a big enough threat to them, it could be logical to team up. Also it would go full circle and right the wrongs of the failed Sony/Nintendo partnership of the early 90s. 

I have to admit this would be pretty awesome!

Sony&Nintendo would actually work pretty good. Both are the leading consoles for the whole japanese gaming market.

If they cooporate in some way, they could get tons of exclusives. Even if Nintendo would keep the biggest franchises exclusive to Nintendo Consoles.

Edited by I-CatHasTrophy-I

3 hours ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

Sony&Nintendo would actually work pretty good. Both are the leading consoles for the whole japanese gaming market.

If they cooporate in some way, they could get tons of exclusives. Even if Nintendo would keep the biggest franchises exclusive to Nintendo Consoles.

And have Sony censor all the games featuring anime minors on the Switch? No thanks.

On a more serious note, I think they both hold a small grudge towards each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ampki said:

Fromsoftware Namco Square-enix all my favourite games are from these companies. There's nothing Microsoft have i want ... well depending if elder scrolls will be multi-platform fingers crossed.

Elder Scrolls VI will become Xbox exclusive - they announced that already.

Elder Scrolls Online will stay open for all platforms as far as I heard, but tbh this game went downhill so fast in the last months, I'd always recommend to play FFXIV instead.

I am pretty sure that Square Enix will not be for sale at all. They have such an inspiring leadership in this company, they will always deliver high quality games to people on all platforms. They developed the -only- cross-platform MMORPG and it works better than any other of its kind. They will always bring some Nintendo exclusives and some Sony exclusives - and if there will be another Vita-like Handheld Console in the future, they will develop exclusives for this console too. I love them for what they do and how they act. In my opinion, if at any time Square Enix would be sold to anyone - noone can win.

15 hours ago, VeldinX said:

15 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

I have to admit this would be pretty awesome!

14 hours ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

Sony has highly rated Western Studios while Nintendo has highly rated Eastern studios. So they'd certainly compliment each other well.

12 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

And have Sony censor all the games featuring anime minors on the Switch? No thanks.

On a more serious note, I think they both hold a small grudge towards each other.

Why would Nintendo accept that? Nintendo is currently immune to Microsoft's attacks so they'd hold the cards in any talks with Sony be it in becoming second party studios for Sony or merging together. 

As for having grudges... both companies have largely different management by this point. Additionally, they're not fools at either company. They know that Microsoft is one of America's Big tech 5 and that the amount of money they can bring to bear is titanic. The experts, who all pretty much believe in a coming Microsoft dominance and did so before even any of these purchases, believe that eventually Google/Amazon/Facebook will move in and bomb the gaming industry hoping to subjugate it through sheer capital. You can't fight back against the Big 5 with money because they have so much of it, however, something like the Nintendo PlayStation would I think render all their money worthless. You can't destroy an opponent that can self sustain itself easily and is seen as a superior product to you no matter how much money you splash. 

i have to say 2K studios so we can get a new BioShock game, and maybe revive these studies: Pandemic Studios, Pi Studios, Behaviour Interactive so we can get a new or remaster of the Mercenaries game series.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Honestly the more i think about it if they got the rights to Metal Gear and silent Hill from konami that would probably be the best bet! Nothing too big money wise but it would go a long way with fans.

The biggest problem is, that Microsoft is going for multiplayer-exclusives, while Sony - at the moment - only has awesome singleplayer exclusives. Silent Hill has always been an awesome game, but there is no long-time-motivation. It's just like Resident Evil. It has a huge fanbase, but a few weeks after release noone talks about these games anymore.

There are only a few multiplayer games out there that are critical to the whole gaming industry if they become exclusive. COD is one of them - even if I dont play it, I understand that people dont want to miss it if they played it in the last 20 years.