Collectibles still bugged with Haytham? (Updated with Homestead issue) FIXED!

Just beat the main game last night and got the perfectionist trophy.  Now to do all the rest.  I read conflicting reports about collecting anything with Haytham screwing up your collectibles progress.  But they all seem to be from a couple years ago.  I know I collected at least 2 almanac pages with Haytham before I focused on the main story only.  I'm not one for using guides before playing the game myself for awhile or until I'm stuck, but damn, am I screwed for gettting 100% now?  Or is this one of those guess you'll find out kind of things where it bugs out on some people and not others?  If it is bugged will it show on the % for the items collected menu?  I'm doing all the almanac things 1st and hoping it will show in the menu if it is bugged.....?

Edited by kinnyman

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'll answer this one.  Good news is you are not screwed out of 100% if you collect a few almanac pages with Haytham. Got the completionist trophy tonight.  But i wouldn't try getting them all because this game will probably glitch out as it's doing to me now with the Encyclopeida of the Common Man trophy.  IDK WTF is going on but I have Farmers listed like this in the menu:

FARMERS [2/3]

Farmers entry completed log updated

I went back to the farm and scanned both repeatedly doing different things, but I keep getting the message activity logged, entry completed.  Anyone encounter this issue and manage to fix it? 

Also the doctor has disappeared completely from the homestead.  Checked all over:  his house, the roads, checked the tavern, morning and night and he's run off to god knows where???  I read he's often found at the tavern, but I can't find him anywhere?  If my copy of this game was a physical edition I would gladly frisbee it into the wall after dealing with all the nonsense this game has to offer.  Never had such a love/hate relationship with a game like this in my entire life. 

I'll answer again.  At least this one was solved a lot quicker than the last one ?  So the solution was to power cycle the PS4.  Of course....why do that 1st when you can try every other solution that takes hours longer ?  Credit goes to SquishySupreme at playstationtrophies.  I'll cut and paste his post in case someone else has an issue

"So I think I figured this out. The game is trying to spawn him in the right location and keeps failing. This is WAY more bugged in Remastered. Remember the green circles where you have to find someone? Only if they are within a certain radius of the location will they give you dialogue options. Even if the green circle is not showing. The character model AND the location have to be close enough.

If Washington or one of the homesteaders glitches and gives you no dialogue options at all and just walks away ( is isn't there at all), immediately stop and select "reload last checkpoint" - it should now spawn at the proper location near the large house.

Secondly, there is a known memory glitch - try turning the system completely OFF and restart the game and sequence - the missing people should appear."

Also the Farmer's thing was just a glitch in the menu.  Trophy popped as soon as the doc's stuff was completed  ?????????????

• Like 1