Obligatory trophy thoughts thread

MissShake

18 minutes ago, Karnacharya said:

It boggles my mind that a game with such spectacular card art consistently has such abysmal trophy art in its PlayStation releases. Just Konami things, I guess. 

You could literally throw any art from the cards onto the trophies and it'd be better than what we got, but yeah... Guess that's just Konami being Konami lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Studfox said:

Tbf, if this is anything like legacy of the duelist I will wait a couple years for the re-release titled “Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel GX Edition” where they add a few more trophies and a platinum  1f601.png

Good decision, cuz LotD was buggy asf, until the rerelease. 

That said, platinum rank is sure to be grindy asf. Well, nvm, free is nice.

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptainChurrr said:

Sad to see no Platinum trophy but oh well. Top decks will be $300+ but the crafting system will help cut that price down + the free 50 packs for being a PS+ Subscriber helps a lot. I think that is $80-$90 worth of packs. 

The PS Plus bonus has separate listings for the PS4 and PS5 versions but the game is cross save so you can redeem both of them and get 100 packs on your account.

Edited by lordzeze

2 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

For those disappointed in no platinum, this is server based so you should be able to autopop the second version once you've done the first one. Those who don't have a PS5 should be able to redeem the PS5 specific pack if they log in to the store on a computer.

wat, do you mean that you can autopop PS5 games (like Rogue Company) in PS4 if you redeem that version in the PC store?

Edited by IsaacDK503

I was enjoying my first couple matches but as soon as I got to bronze rank all I am up against are decks that beat me in one turn and there is nothing I can do about it. Takes all the fun out of the game.

Edit: Turning off cross play makes it better.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 2

On 19/01/2022 at 3:51 AM, DesmaBR said:

capturadetela2022-01-r6k3u.png

Pretty sure you can just do that in a single turn in modern Yu-Gi-Oh

LMAO

I quit playing around 2009, and that was when Tuner monsters existed, already found that confusing. Then there were Pendulum and all that other **** which just made the game way too complicated.

• Like 2

Just played 2h of Ranked, my observations:

1. The servers and performance are horrible, be prepared to get kicked out of matches (auto-loss) and for the same to happen to your opponent, peak Konami
  2. Opponent's turns take regularly upwards of 5 minutes real time
  3. You will encounter 2 types of enemies: Just started with a fresh deck, mostly old cards and players who bought a complete deck, those are unbeatable unless you do the same
  4. It is impossible to quickly pick up on this game unless you played regularly in the last few years, if you didn't follow the game after XYZ-summons be prepared to re-learn all of it EDIT: I copied the deck from the other thread and quickly picked up on it. 
  5. Card texts are walls of text for all cards now, be prepared to read a lot, if this isn't your cup of tea skip this game
Edited by meterano7
  • Like 2

I've wanted good yu-gi-oh trophies since legacy of the duelist, I kept on at my friends how you can do so many cool things for trophies/achievements with yu-gi-oh but the legacy of the duelist ones were just plain lazy and boring imo. This list of trophies is actually pretty decent and definitely an upgrade, just a shame there is only 11 and no platinum so I for one am definitely still a bit disappointed with them, they could have added many more for sure.

On 19/01/2022 at 0:55 PM, IsaacDK503 said:

wat, do you mean that you can autopop PS5 games (like Rogue Company) in PS4 if you redeem that version in the PC store?

What do you mean "redeem in the PC store"? Rogue Company as far as I know should autopop all the trophies if you download and play the other PlayStation version. This game here likewise should do the same, but these games sometimes do mess up on these things so we'll have to see (I don't see any reason it wouldn't).

11 hours ago, Divine_egg said:

I've wanted good yu-gi-oh trophies since legacy of the duelist, I kept on at my friends how you can do so many cool things for trophies/achievements with yu-gi-oh but the legacy of the duelist ones were just plain lazy and boring imo. This list of trophies is actually pretty decent and definitely an upgrade, just a shame there is only 11 and no platinum so I for one am definitely still a bit disappointed with them, they could have added many more for sure.

As said, you can double the trophy count if the other version autopops (it should). DLC trophies could also be a thing too of course as some free to play games do them. I've heard talk of tag duels and such being possibly something to come and debuting some new DLC trophies for such a feature would make sense. 

16 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

Can confirm, trophies do pop up if you did them on other platforms, just need to finish a duel first...

Except the 5 chain trophy, that you have to do on the console itself

Nice. Though the Platinum rank may well also not autopop if you try to autopop it after the season changes and your rank gets reset.