Obligatory trophy thoughts thread

MissShake

4 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Nice. Though the Platinum rank may well also not autopop if you try to autopop it after the season changes and your rank gets reset. 

Yeah. Just did platinum while playing on PC, then went to the PS5 version. Still had to do a match for it to unlock

1 hour ago, DesmaBR said:

Yeah. Just did platinum while playing on PC, then went to the PS5 version. Still had to do a match for it to unlock

I see. I was however referring to trying to autopop it after it resets your rank. I believe there is a spot where your last 6 season's best rank is listed so possibly the game might autopop it based off that if your rank resets.

On 1/21/2022 at 1:00 AM, Rozalia1 said:

As said, you can double the trophy count if the other version autopops (it should). DLC trophies could also be a thing too of course as some free to play games do them. I've heard talk of tag duels and such being possibly something to come and debuting some new DLC trophies for such a feature would make sense. 

I'm not interested in getting the same 11 trophies again for free I just would have liked more to aim for in the first place.  DLC trophies on the other hand I do hope happens which is for sure possible like you said and I hope it does, but we will have to wait and see.

Do you need a data transfer for PS4 to PS5 or vice versa? 

9 hours ago, Divine_egg said:

I'm not interested in getting the same 11 trophies again for free I just would have liked more to aim for in the first place.  DLC trophies on the other hand I do hope happens which is for sure possible like you said and I hope it does, but we will have to wait and see.

Fair enough.

God this game is nothing but tedious. If you play a fun off-meta deck, you can wait for 5 minutes every turn until your enemy has finished reading the card effects, if you play meta you can end most duels in 3 to 5 turns (don't think I ever hit turn 10), it is all so boring 

I get all the complaints about the servers.. as it only seems to be an issue when you in a grinding match with your opponent. But too be fair with cross play scross all platforms ps5/ps4/Xbox/pc/switch it’s actually pretty damn good.

But the complaints about 5 minute turns and complicated cards and meta decks crushing you… that’s been yugioh for over a decade.. the days of 1 normal summon and your special summons feeling special went in 2006/7. But this is why you build your decks to suit best of one format.

For people who are autopopping the second list, keep an eye on that platinum rank trophy. This game has "seasons" that reset your rank (the season's length is in the screen after clicking Duel) and it is also possible to lose your platinum rank if you lose enough games, so the wisest course of action seems to be to autopop that trophy (and whatever else you have at that point) and then go back to your main platform and continue getting trophies. Considering how the game tracks things in "Data", found if you click your profile on the top left, there shouldn't be any issues... though the fact that "Chain Blazer" doesn't autopop is weird then as I'm pretty sure that is tracked too... could be because it doesn't have a tracker on it? Does that mean that Ultra Burst also doesn't autopop? That one doesn't have one either. 

https://twinfinite.net/2022/01/yugioh-master-duel-cross-save-transfer-data/

Posting this link here in case anyone is unsure on data transfer. You'll need a way to scan a QR code and you also need to be very careful on this because starting a new account by mistake will mean having to 100% the game all over again and you'll have to rebuild your deck. You have to press start on the title screen and use the data transfer there.

On 24/01/2022 at 6:33 PM, BrilloHD said:

What would you guys say is a good burn deck? I feel like at the rate I'm going, with what I have, I'll be thousands of damage away by the time I do everything else.

You could always leave that to the end so you can focus solely on it. Events (whenever they came), at least the early ones, from what has been found out seem to be ones that restrict you to X types of cards in the extra deck. If people are restricted to Synchro only extra decks for example then you're more likely to be able to survive longer and do some burn damage. If you are confident enough in your deck though you could always include a 1 of a good burn card so you slowly build on it as you go. 

On 23/01/2022 at 11:52 AM, meterano7 said:

God this game is nothing but tedious. If you play a fun off-meta deck, you can wait for 5 minutes every turn until your enemy has finished reading the card effects, if you play meta you can end most duels in 3 to 5 turns (don't think I ever hit turn 10), it is all so boring 

Non-Meta fun decks actually have more of an edge here than they do in RL, but yeah, you're against it if you're facing a top deck. You need to have handtraps and/or board breakers if you are going to have any hope to beat those guys with a non-meta fun deck. Watching duels through Duel Live might lighten things up for you. Meta decks getting spanked by non-meta shows up on it time to time. 

As mentioned previously in this post. There are going to be events, which count for trophies, which will limit what cards will be used. Most of them look like they'll not use links which are the biggest cause of what you don't like. 

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

For people who are autopopping the second list, keep an eye on that platinum rank trophy. This game has "seasons" that reset your rank (the season's length is in the screen after clicking Duel) and it is also possible to lose your platinum rank if you lose enough games, so the wisest course of action seems to be to autopop that trophy (and whatever else you have at that point) and then go back to your main platform and continue getting trophies. Considering how the game tracks things in "Data", found if you click your profile on the top left, there shouldn't be any issues... though the fact that "Chain Blazer" doesn't autopop is weird then as I'm pretty sure that is tracked too... could be because it doesn't have a tracker on it? Does that mean that Ultra Burst also doesn't autopop? That one doesn't have one either.

Ultra Burst does not autopop either

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Then yeah, those with trackers pop while those without don't. Ultra Burst is an annoying one because a good deal of people just surrender once they see they've lost rather than take the big blow.

Gotta surprise 'em with Accesscode Talker

• Like 1

Are the rankings going to get reset when the current season is over? I'd like to start farming tribute summons but I just don't see that happening against Platinum rank players. I think it would be a good idea to attempt this trophy on the lowest rank, where you tribute summon as many monsters as possible and then just give up to avoid ranking up. The same probably goes for the burn trophy as well.

Just now, Baka_Marimo said:

Are the rankings going to get reset when the current season is over? I'd like to start farming tribute summons but I just don't see that happening against Platinum rank players. I think it would be a good idea to attempt this trophy on the lowest rank, where you tribute summon as many monsters as possible and then just give up to avoid ranking up. The same probably goes for the burn trophy as well.

You could wait for the Event Matches, it will probably be easier to do those there.

And for the Tribute trophy, you could use Kaiju's to Tribute your opponent monsters, that seems to count for the trophy

• Like 1

When I loaded up the PS4 version of the game I didn't have to do the data transfer as it seemed to read the PS5 version. It might be you don't have to bother with the data transfer stuff at all if the only platforms in use are PlayStation ones. Can't confirm though so until it is confirmed I'd be very careful. You can tell if you are connected by looking at the ID on the top left and if it matches yours. Another way would be to try to data transfer by selecting it after pressing start on the title screen and see if it says you're already linked.

Also something else to note on the trophies. While trophies do autopop once you get them on one platform and do a match, progress from one platform to the other doesn't occur. So getting say 10 tribute summons on PS5 and 10 on PS4 won't pop the trophy on whatever platform you're playing. Getting 20 on one and then playing a match on the other platform will autopop it though. Largely doesn't matter much, but it is annoying due to Ultra Burst as it'd have been great to work towards the trophies while waiting for an opponent that allowed you to get it off.

16 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

You could wait for the Event Matches, it will probably be easier to do those there.

And for the Tribute trophy, you could use Kaiju's to Tribute your opponent monsters, that seems to count for the trophy

Is this confirmed? If true then it'll be a good method for a lot of people I'm sure. Though if Kaiju's which ain't tribute summons count for it according to the game it makes me wonder about all those monsters that have affects such as "Tribute X card, summon Y". Anyone here running Sky Strikers? The non-extra deck Sky Striker has a tribute effect to summon something.

16 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

As @DesmaBR said, event duels will likely decrease the effort needed to get that done. If you want to build on it as you play though Eldlich does have the tools for it. Eldlich doesn't have an issue getting monsters on the field so if you pack one copy of a powerful 1 tribute monster (a Monarch for example) in your deck then you have good odds on getting it out if you get it in your hand. As for burn, Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max is summonable in Eldlich (don't summon Eldlich on your turn with Eldlixirs when going for it though).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Is this confirmed? If true then it'll be a good method for a lot of people I'm sure. Though if Kaiju's which ain't tribute summons count for it according to the game it makes me wonder about all those monsters that have affects such as "Tribute X card, summon Y". Anyone here running Sky Strikers? The non-extra deck Sky Striker has a tribute effect to summon something.

I may have been mistaken. I though the "Tribute Summons" on my stats were increasing due to my Kaiju's, but it wasn't because of them.

But tbf they do Special Summon instead of Normal Summon, so maybe if you use Nibiru or Ra Sphere Mode that would take your Normal Summon, that'd count.

That's a biiiiig maybe tho

Either way, just waiting for the Event Matches will probably be the better way around it.

Edited by DesmaBR

8 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

I may have been mistaken. I though the "Tribute Summons" on my stats were increasing due to my Kaiju's, but it wasn't because of them.

But tbf they do Special Summon instead of Normal Summon, so maybe if you use Nibiru or Ra Sphere Mode that would take your Normal Summon, that'd count.

That's a biiiiig maybe tho

Either way, just waiting for the Event Matches will probably be the better way around it.

Nibiru wouldn't count as while cards are tributed, he special summons himself. Ra Sphere Mode should work as it is fact a tribute summon.

I'm having trouble earning the Chain Blazer trophy. Earlier in a ranked duel I activated a card and my opponent responded by chaining another four cards to it, making it a chain of five. Still, the trophy didn't pop after the game. What is the problem here?

Edited by Baka_Marimo

1 hour ago, Benjiunkix said:

How’s difficult of 100% trophy list for this game?

The only difficult trophy is getting to plat rank. It is made a lot easier by using the Eldlich deck that was posted in the other thread, but it also boils down to who your opponents are. You should be able to win a majority of your matches with that deck but there are some really good players that seem to be able to counter any deck and if you get unlucky with the matchmaking you can face those players multiple times. Also you can get unlucky with your deck and get bad draws. The Eldlich deck build minimizes this from happening but it is still a possibility. Also theoretically, this trophy should be easier towards the end of the season as the better players should have already gotten to plat rank earlier on in the season.  

If you do decide to play this game then I would turn cross play off as there are a lot of really good players on other platforms.

Edited by lordzeze

21 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

I'm having trouble earning the Chain Blazer trophy. Earlier in a ranked duel I activated a card and my opponent responded by chaining another four cards to it, making it a chain of five. Still, the trophy didn't pop after the game. What is the problem here?

I haven't got it as of this post , however my guess is that you have to be the one to put the 5th part of the chain or higher, if you only contributed to the first activation then that is probably the issue, just my guess though I could be wrong about that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Divine_egg said:

I haven't got it as of this post , however my guess is that you have to be the one to put the 5th part of the chain or higher, if you only contributed to the first activation then that is probably the issue, just my guess though I could be wrong about that.

Looks like that was it. Appreciate the help ?

• Like 1