The Artful Escape trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

51 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Doesn't look like anything too hard, but will see how the collectibles are.

It's a really easy list and has no collectibles. I reviewed the game on PC and got all but four achievements without even trying. And the four I missed are pretty easy.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I guess I misread some of the descriptions.

Yeah it's all good. "Complete all amp landa jams" sounds like a collectible but it's not. The game is very straightforward, too, as you really can't explore. You are very heavily guided down the one path at almost all times.

The gameplay is rather boring but the story and characters carry it far enough.

• Like 1

Game is super easy, beat it on xbox in about 4 hours simply because the game is so damn beautiful. Just watch out for missable (which can be found on youtube) and if you rush it, it can be done in about an hour or two. But I advise everyone to play the game for story and fun because this game is absolutely stunning with the music and visuals. Loved the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mori said:

I saw this game on several "Best games of 2021" lists. I guess there is barely any gameplay, but is the experience worth it?

Completed it on Xbox. I'd rate it a 7/10. It's good, but by the final quarter I was ready for it to end. I felt the game should have been around 2-3 hours long, clocking in at 3 hours 40m for me it just dragged a bit (although it's nothing crazy) as the core concept got a bit repetitive. I recommend it, looks absolutely beautiful and it's surprisingly fun to just shred constantly. Completion wise, very easy, you get the majority automatically and the rest are very easy. They are 'missable', but there is chapter select so no problem there. 

My PlayStation account is typically for PS exclusives and playing/replaying Annapurna titles so will likely replay. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 1:07 AM, Soraking1991 said:

I was surprised to see this list appear. Hear so many great things about the game on Xbox, glad to see it come over trophy-land :) 

Great to know there's no collectibles

Have you played this yet? I know, I could check, but what's better than striking up a conversation with my pal! I've been playing a lot of Annapurna published games lately, they've been a joy!

The visuals in this game are just incredible. Seeing the colors fly around the screen as I play the guitar is pure eye candy. Really glad I randomly played this off of PS+, and the trophy list is rather straight forward, basically asking you to experience the content it offers. I had a save file get corrupted in the final level, that sent me back about 4 hours, but besides that a thoroughly enjoyable piece of art here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I’ve been on an Annapurna kick too!

Played Ashen yet? Its their hardest game no doubt. Just finished a normal playthrough yesterday but still have a hard mode playthrough for platinum, not looking forward to it!

Starting The Last Stop next!

What game of theirs is your favourite? Mine is Outer Wilds, one of the best games I've ever played.

7 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Played Ashen yet? Its their hardest game no doubt. Just finished a normal playthrough yesterday but still have a hard mode playthrough for platinum, not looking forward to it!

Starting The Last Stop next!

What game of theirs is your favourite? Mine is Outer Wilds, one of the best games I've ever played.

Outer Wilds, hands down. The developers for that game are amazing. this making of video is really interesting if you haven't seen it. After playing Stray I knew I had to check out some more of their games. I'm currently playing Artful Escape and I just finished Solar Ash. Have you played it? Next is The Pathless and then Sayonara Wild Hearts :)

I haven't played Last Stop, but I will look into that and Ashen! Edit: I watched a review for Ashen, how are you finding it? I'm not a massive RPG guy (gave up on Elden Ring after 20 hours due to being just overwhelmed). This looks more contained, but also fun! Are you playing solo, or co-op? How is the Plat? 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1