MidnightDragon

The Artful Escape trophy thoughts

32 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

 

Outer Wilds, hands down. The developers for that game are amazing. this making of video is really interesting if you haven't seen it. After playing Stray I knew I had to check out some more of their games. I'm currently playing Artful Escape and I just finished Solar Ash. Have you played it? Next is The Pathless and then Sayonara Wild Hearts :)

 

I haven't played Last Stop, but I will look into that and Ashen! Edit: I watched a review for Ashen, how are you finding it? I'm not a massive RPG guy (gave up on Elden Ring after 20 hours due to being just overwhelmed). This looks more contained, but also fun! Are you playing solo, or co-op? How is the Plat? 

Outer Wilds really is the best. Yeah I've seen the making of video, its incredible.

 

Haven't played Solar Ash yet but I'm looking forward to getting to it, looks fun. The Pathless is great, it's a bit longer than their usual games but has a great world and movement system.

 

Started Last Stop last night and it's definitely their lowest quality game. The graphics and voice acting are subpar. I've only done the first chapter and will see it through but I'm not impressed so far.

 

Ashen isn't really an RPG. It has no stat levelling but it does have weapon upgrading. It is more contained but it's still a decent size. Enemy variety is lacking so you end up facing the same types of enemies for the whole game. It has a very steep difficulty curve when it comes to mid and late game. There's two really hard dungeons that are required to beat the story and the last two bosses gave me a really hard time. To get the platinum you have to beat the game on normal and hard mode, I haven't started hard mode yet. There's also DLC so keep that in mind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Started Last Stop last night and it's definitely their lowest quality game. The graphics and voice acting are subpar. I've only done the first chapter and will see it through but I'm not impressed so far.

 

Last Stop was "fine", but a bit disappointing because I absolutely loved their first game, Virginia (not published by Annapurna). It was a love/hate game due to its delivery, but the people who liked it really liked it, and it was unique. Reviewed pretty well. Last Stop felt overambitious and was sloppy in its execution ultimately. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PhantomFear94 said:

 

Last Stop was "fine", but a bit disappointing because I absolutely loved their first game, Virginia (not published by Annapurna). It was a love/hate game due to its delivery, but the people who liked it really liked it, and it was unique. Reviewed pretty well. Last Stop felt overambitious and was sloppy in its execution ultimately. 

Aw man, this game was by the people that did Virginia? Are you shitting me? I loved Virginia!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jonesey46 said:

Aw man, this game was by the people that did Virginia? Are you shitting me? I loved Virginia!

 

Yep, it was their first game, published by 505 though not Annapurna. I absolutely loved it, was one of my favourite indies from the Xbox One/PS4 era. I am all for games being ambitious and I liked the concept of the anthology getting intertwined, but the different storylines have vastly different qualities and levels of writing and the ending is....well, out there. Was enjoyable enough, though, if you've already started it its definitely not a bad time, just pales in comparison to Virginia.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2022 at 6:53 AM, Mori said:

I saw this game on several "Best games of 2021" lists. I guess there is barely any gameplay, but is the experience worth it?


Late to this party, but no. I just finished it on PS4. Initially, I was pretty excited; it looks nice, it has a nice rhythm hook. But as the game wears on, there is very little gameplay, instead becoming a delivery of a narrative.

 

And that narrative is about as cliche as you can get, and is absolutely unworthy of some of the visuals and voice talent. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:


Late to this party, but no. I just finished it on PS4. Initially, I was pretty excited; it looks nice, it has a nice rhythm hook. But as the game wears on, there is very little gameplay, instead becoming a delivery of a narrative.

 

And that narrative is about as cliche as you can get, and is absolutely unworthy of some of the visuals and voice talent. 

 

Huh, I got the plat today as well. :D

 

I agree, lackluster gameplay and the narrative went over my head. A bit too artsy for my liking, I guess.

 

Though the visuals are beautiful. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get how a couple hours game can get boring after a while 😅

 

I liked it personnaly, was quite relaxing and enjoyable. True, the narrative was only so so, but it's a beautiful game, the artsy side was quite captivating, more so when you were playing and the background was changing along with it. Worth playing in my opinion.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.