Tera Online Japanese Servers to be shut down April 20th 2022

SnowxSakura

https://www.siliconera.com/mmorpg-tera-to-end-service-in-japan/

According to an announcement via the official Japanese TERA Twitter account, the long-running MMORPG will end service. The official end date for the Japanese server is April 20, 2022. While the game will end service in April, the major Patch 114 update will still go forth as planned on January 26, 2022. [Thanks, Famitsu!]

Patch 114 will add a new main quest, dungeon, and equipment into the game. As well, the Slayer and Archer classes will be able to obtain Mastery following this patch. Patch 114 is already in the Korean version of the game. As the Japanese TERA server will end on April 20, that leaves about three months for players to enjoy Patch 114 content.

After the end of service, the Japanese TERA social media accounts will also all close down. These accounts are Twitter, LINE, YouTube, and Discord. In addition, there will be no refunds on premium currency. As a reminder, this closure will only affect the Japanese TERA account. Those on other servers will be able to keep their premium currency and play the game past April 20, 2022.

For now it doesn't seem like it will affect users outside of japan

• Like 3

Now this I was not expecting to see so soon.

I don't mean to fearmonger, as you said this is only affecting Japan, but I'd like to spare some people the stress if an NA server closure happens to follow afterwards. Anybody with TERA incomplete on their profile may want to finish up sooner rather than later. The World Boss trophies Arun Boss and Shara Boss both require competing for monsters with a spawn rate of 3-4 hours each, if I am remembering correctly. The highest level monsters required for both trophies to pop tend to be camped by regular players as they drop quite a bit of loot. If you add in a sudden influx of trophy hunters trying to boost the trophies after a server closure announcement, you're probably looking at an uncoordinated mess that will likely leave a lot of players empty handed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is conflict of information. I saw people saying in another thread that this shutdown will only affect the pc, because supposedly the ps4 servers are different. clarification would be great.

Edit:

Edited by kevao97
add info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, SuperZay said:

誰かが私が(AS)バージョンを入手できるPSNストアをほのめかすことができますか?日本の店にあるのはグローバルリストのあるもののようです。

HongKong

Since yesterday's maintenance, books have been distributed in mailboxes that will soon be available at the 65th level.

You can get Platinum in a few hours.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip, used this book and got 7 level-up trophies at once. They also gave a flying mount and a set of lv65 Frostmetal gear. That made story solo dungeons very easy (less than 5 minutes each).

However, I still consider the difficulty of Tera platinum went up from 3/10 to 7/10 since 2018, because of chages to 3 World Bosses. I've tried a new Divine Reaver, and reduced his HP only by 40% in 1 hour, after which I gave up. I don't know how people kill him in 30 minutes solo.

Edit: got asian Platinum.

Edited by CoolXIV

• 5 months later...
On 3/22/2022 at 1:20 AM, CoolXIV said:

Thanks for the tip, used this book and got 7 level-up trophies at once. They also gave a flying mount and a set of lv65 Frostmetal gear. That made story solo dungeons very easy (less than 5 minutes each).

However, I still consider the difficulty of Tera platinum went up from 3/10 to 7/10 since 2018, because of chages to 3 World Bosses. I've tried a new Divine Reaver, and reduced his HP only by 40% in 1 hour, after which I gave up. I don't know how people kill him in 30 minutes solo.

Edit: got asian Platinum.

IS there a method to make bosses easier? i plat the worldwide before 2018 but I might want to plat the AS version.... 

On 9/8/2022 at 0:30 PM, ChowderlyDude said:

IS there a method to make bosses easier? i plat the worldwide before 2018 but I might want to plat the AS version.... 

For 3 world super bosses just shout for help with all relevant info (boss name, zone, approx. location). Say they can keep all drops for more incentives. Every time few people came to help, but it still took a while to down them (15-30 minutes each). If you see someone already fighting them, ask politely to join their party just for the trophy.

• 6 months later...