Did a system Format, now I can't sign in.

fyiByas

So I did something stupid, my disc drive stopped working and one tutorial said to try a system format ( reality I have to take it apart) So long story short I go to 'Sign Up" page and for some reason even typing right password unable to sign in. Lost all old files in process. ?

I feel like giving up and just throw towel, just want to play old games but new systems no backwards compatibility.

Took it apart once years back and cleaned dusty fan this time is disc drive.

1 minute ago, fyiByas said:

So I did something stupid, my disc drive stopped working and one tutorial said to try a system format ( reality I have to take it apart) So long story short I go to 'Sign Up" page and for some reason even typing right password unable to sign in. Lost all old files in process. 1f61e.png

I feel like giving up and just throw towel, just want to play old games but new systems no backwards compatibility.

Took it apart once years back and cleaned dusty fan this time is disc drive.

Do you have two factor authentication on? If so you'll need to use your console assigned password, not your PSN password.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fyiByas said:

After good while...    2  step worked was able to sign-in.

Sad I lost all my files but my fault not reading text.

Yeah, I know your pain, lost some good save files back in 2014 because I wanted to remove a trophy list from a garbage game from PS Plus, so I deleted my profile...but didn't read it properly that it would delete all my save files.

53 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Only if auto-backup is scheduled. If he didn't do backup manually, his cloud is empty.

Yea I renew'd it recently because I had a $20 PS+ year card. But I work all the time I feel, came home hoping to just plug and play. First My old Samsung TV died so I was using my second monitor. Then I Bought a Red/White Adapter with a 3.5 mm plug to get console sound. Now I got a Disc Drive issue. This Video I followed however me being half awake and doing taxes, airplane covid call ups and trying to get hold of family on my trip up north.  I heard "yea try system format sometimes that fixes your disc drive" click * click* no looking at screen text  then bam all files gone. Shame cause I had tons of old game betas on storage.

Now I guarantee if I get my games redownload there won't be any game patches for said certain games making them unplayable. Hence why I wish sony (never ever) would made a fully backwards compatibility storefront like steam that could be better.