Platinum Rank

Aznjesus990

Not sure if it changes as you get ranked higher, but in bronze, you just need to win a match to progress, and losing seems to have no impact.

I expect it takes more wins every tier after a certain point, but if losing doesn't impact the score, it shouldn't be bad. If losing impacts it, then yeah this will require a pretty solid deck to do.

• Like 1

Big Yu-Gi-Oh fan, super disappointed there's no Platinum trophy for this one...

I wonder if getting Plat rank will get harder the longer you wait? So far I've played 2 ranked matches, first dude surrendered before the duel even began and the second dude surrendered after just 10 minutes, I was using the basic deck from the tutorial ?

Edited by FoxRDT
typos
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, QuinterX said:

Hi Guys...For me, as anime fun, but never play card game (you know, this game has 0 community in country where i live), its hard to get to platinum rank? 

Asking as newcommer :) 

Definitely, I played it actively for years and am still kinda lost xD

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, QuinterX said:

Thats sounds good to me haha :-D , anyway its also good to know, even profi gamers like tou are little bit confused after years of play. 

The basic game is easy to learn and a lot of fun. To reach platinum rank, you will probably need a meta deck as was mentioned before in this thread. this is where it could get confusing.

However, in a few days there will most likely be tons of videos on YouTube of people showcasing their OP decks - you can just copy one. Then, if you just keep playing the deck over and over, you will slowly learn the best combos yourself and should become good enough. If i'm not mistaken, there is only a pretty limited set of cards in the game ATM so after a while you will even learn most of the dangerous enemy cards.

Might be a fun challenge to teach yourself, it's definitely not impossible.

Also in case anyone wonders. Seems you start at rookie rank (2 tiers), then bronze, silver, gold, platium (5 tiers each). So platinum is the highest rank. If Konami wants to keep the game interesting, I would assume platinum won't be easy to reach.

Edited by Koro249
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Koro249 said:

The basic game is easy to learn and a lot of fun. To reach platinum rank, you will probably need a meta deck as was mentioned before in this thread. this is where it could get confusing.

However, in a few days there will most likely be tons of videos on YouTube of people showcasing their OP decks - you can just copy one. Then, if you just keep playing the deck over and over, you will slowly learn the best combos yourself and should become good enough. If i'm not mistaken, there is only a pretty limited set of cards in the game ATM so after a while you will even learn most of the dangerous enemy cards.

Also in case anyone wonders. Seems you start at rookie rank (2 tiers), then bronze, silver, gold, platium (5 tiers each). So platinum is the highest rank. If Konami wants to keep the game interesting, I would assume platinum won't be easy to reach.

Yes better to play meta so 

Tri-brigade Zoodiac

Pure tribrigade 

Lyrilusc tribrigade

Swordsoul

Eldlich trap

Drytron

Dragon link

Virtual world

Dogmatika invoked

Juste tap the name deck for see decklist on youtube 

50 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

So looks like once you enter the Gold tier, losses start to have an impact on you.

yeah, after I got to Gold 4 I realized that every time I lose a match I need to win 1 more match to reach Gold 3. Now I need 6 wins to reach Gold 3...

Can't rely on card luck or ragequitters anymore. feelsbadman. :(

1 hour ago, objectioner said:

Trying to climb up 'Gold' to get to 'Platinum' rank is rough.

From 'Rookie' to 'Gold V' I was having fun, winning a bit and losing a bit, but still making progress.

Now I've reached gold I keep getting paired with East-Asian players with meta decks and poor connection.

So every match takes like 40 minutes while they wombo-combo or mass negate everything I attempt to do,

and I don't get to even so much as play one card.

It really reminds me why don't play competitive yugioh any more irl.

I've gone -6 on Rank IV and now i'm demoted to Rank V.

Looks like I might have to give the 100% a miss.

Yeah, I may have to give up on the 100% too.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2022 at 10:32 AM, Koro249 said:

See the other topic here i give a decklist

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

I made it to Gold Rank 5, but I see from this thread that losing will make the process of getting to Platinum harder. I guess I need to start looking at the Meta decks. 

I really wouldn't give up. Most of the people who are hard-core Yu-Gi-Oh players are going to reach platinum very soon or are already there. Eventually, Gold will be filled by lesser skilled players not using meta decks. Because the game was just released, the skill level of your opponent is drastically different.

The climb to platinum will only get easier as the season progresses IMO. That said, finding an effective deck is a good idea. I've been using an old Gravekeepers deck to great effect. With the right starting hand, I can shut down an opponent's graveyard and prevent them from special summoning.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I really wouldn't give up. Most of the people who are hard-core Yu-Gi-Oh players are going to reach platinum very soon or are already there. Eventually, Gold will be filled by lesser skilled players not using meta decks. Because the game was just released, the skill level of your opponent is drastically different.

The climb to platinum will only get easier as the season progresses IMO. That said, finding an effective deck is a good idea. I've been using an old Gravekeepers deck to great effect. With the right starting hand, I can shut down an opponent's graveyard and prevent them from special summoning.

With gravekeeper you are no chance sorry the deck is very bad