Platinum Rank

Aznjesus990

15 minutes ago, EdgeHosenkan said:

With gravekeeper you are no chance sorry the deck is very bad

Gold tier 1 says otherwise. It shuts down modern decks with the right combo.

Edit: just to be clear there are definitely better decks that will have an easier time setting up.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

The climb to platinum will only get easier as the season progresses IMO. That said, finding an effective deck is a good idea. I've been using an old Gravekeepers deck to great effect. With the right starting hand, I can shut down an opponent's graveyard and prevent them from special summoning.

I was using my irl decently strong Pure Destiny Hero deck, served me well until Gold IV - then I hit the wall, it's now 1 step forward 2-3 steps back.

Ah, Gravekeepers!

The OG anti meta deck.

Would you mind sharing you Gravekeeper list?

I know it's a lot to ask but it would help a lot, considering alot of these meta deck as quite hard to follow.

Gravekeepers are relatively straight forward by comparison.

4 minutes ago, objectioner said:

I was using my irl decently strong Pure Destiny Hero deck, served me well until Gold IV - then I hit the wall, it's now 1 step forward 2-3 steps back.

Ah, Gravekeepers!

The OG anti meta deck.

Would you mind sharing you Gravekeeper list?

I know it's a lot to ask but it would help a lot, considering alot of these meta deck as quite hard to follow.

Gravekeepers are relatively straight forward by comparison.

You can actually use the search function to just look up Gravekeeper decks, or any deck for that matter, in-game. I used that as a base.

4 hours ago, objectioner said:

Trying to climb up 'Gold' to get to 'Platinum' rank is rough.

From 'Rookie' to 'Gold V' I was having fun, winning a bit and losing a bit, but still making progress.

Now I've reached gold I keep getting paired with East-Asian players with meta decks and poor connection.

So every match takes like 40 minutes while they wombo-combo or mass negate everything I attempt to do,

and I don't get to even so much as play one card.

It really reminds me why don't play competitive yugioh any more irl.

I've gone -6 on Rank IV and now i'm demoted to Rank V.

Looks like I might have to give the 100% a miss.

Literally, my first match was against an Asian player, and I got wombo'ed immediately. This is the second time I've tried playing YGO online and I immediately remembered why I, as a casual with no desire to learn meta decks, should just stay away from it ?

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, objectioner said:

It wouldn't be so bad if the opponent, when they clearly know they have the win, didn't spend an extra 20 mins flexing with pointless comboes.

It's a miserable time all round really and will ultimately drive more people away than draw in.

Yeah, i hate that. The few times when I am about to win I at least just end the match right away

• Like 1

Not yet had a disconnect though it seemed like it might at one point during one duel. My deck is not yet complete, like 90% complete shall we say, but been having some fun match ups. My first match was a straight up war that ended with me and my opponent trading shots as we ran on empty. Opponents after that guy went down much easier and that is good because they weren't using bad decks. All my opponents thus far have surrendered once it is clear I've won though... isn't that something you want to avoid as the game gives you nothing if you do that while it gives you stuff if you just lose? 

The annoying aspect of the trophies is they require you doing varied stuff which your deck might not do. Many decks don't tribute, some don't revive things from the GY, others don't burn, so forth. In the Duel Live feature I noticed a guy using a bunch of burn cards in a deck that normally doesn't have them (though can run them nicely), so like with certain other games you might get fortunate to run into people trying to boost their burn damage count or whatever. It'd be good if someone can come up with some nice cards for the trophies. Though there is such a thing as "events" and I noticed in the deck area that there is such a thing as "event decks" so possibly those might be a good avenue to do the trophies. We'll have to wait and see what that is about when they go live.

• Like 1

One thing that immediately caught my eye when looking at the Forbidden/Limited list is that Heavy Storm is banned while Harpie's Feather Duster is limited. Admittedly I haven't really been playing this game for a loooong time now but even then this seems extremely counterintuitive. Has destroying your own backrow become so broken nowadays that Harpie's Feather Duster is weaker of a card than Heavy Storm?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

One thing that immediately caught my eye when looking at the Forbidden/Limited list is that Heavy Storm is banned while Harpie's Feather Duster is limited. Admittedly I haven't really been playing this game for a loooong time now but even then this seems extremely counterintuitive. Has destroying your own backrow become so broken nowadays that Harpie's Feather Duster is weaker of a card than Heavy Storm?

Yeah, lots of spell and trap card will have an effect for when they're destroyed or even when they're in the graveyard.

• Like 1

Made it to Bronze 1 and already struggling. The low rank players are nowhere near as easy as they are in Duel Links. So far I only spent gems on a Duel Pass and the three Bundle Deals. I then beat the Duel Strategy and Absolute Monarch solo campaigns and threw together a crappy deck that mainly consists of low level monsters that can be brought out without tributing and garnished it with a few Monarchs. I won my first six games, but even that was only thanks to random cards like Cupid Dunk coming in clutch (It survived my opponents turn thanks to its effect so I was able to tribute it for Caius on my next turn). On my seventh game I came across a tri brigade player who handed me my first loss. I only managed to win one more game before suffering my second defeat at the hands of a (quite impressive) Dark Magician deck. Their deck was so well crafted and running so brilliantly that there wasn't even a glimmer of hope. I really wasn't expecting to run into so much trouble so early on. Struggling this much even in Bronze is quite a daunting prospect but I guess it just means that I'll have to start building decks for real now. I've amassed 10.650 gems so far, hopefully I'll get somewhere with that.

The first guy to beat me was probably playing this deck right here, so I'll see if can get the cards for it and learn to play it. What kinds of decks have you guys been running successfully so far?

edit: Forget about it. 23 of the 55 cards you need are Ultra Rare. No idea how anyone in their right mind would call that cheap.

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baka_Marimo said:

The first guy to beat me was probably playing this deck right here, so I'll see if can get the cards for it and learn to play it. What kinds of decks have you guys been running successfully so far?

I've been running a Spyral deck. It ain't meta, but I think they're fun, and they got me to Platinum.

Still trying to figure out different cards I can put on it, I'm still losing to certain decks.

20220122222126_176kon.jpg

As someone who hasn't played Yu-Gi-Oh! competitively since around 2014, I was having a really hard time keeping up with the insane combos in this game, but the Eldlich deck is so good and so beginner friendly that it carried me to Platinum off a 5 win streak. I got it from this YouTube video by Solemn YuGiOh. (It's the one at the end, the main focus of the video is a lower budget version of the same deck) 

b4yLGe9.jpgrjeIke6.jpg

Edited by Flipendo52
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

Yes cause heavy storm give acces at combos 

Well it's not hard at all unless you never played any YGO games before. I only read the comic books and played couple YGO games on Game Boy or Game Boy Color over 20 years ago. It was all very simply and only had Summon, Tribute Summon, Fusion Summon and Ritual Summon back then. So I had no knowledge of stuff like Synchro Summon or Xyz Summon until I played 2 YGO games on PS3 last year or Pendulum Summon, Link Summon until I played this game a few days ago. But I made my way to Platinum in less than 3 days.

I bet you know a lot more about YGO than I do so you have nothing to worry about, just start playing and enjoying it. I've been having lots of fun lol.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Flipendo52 said:

As someone who hasn't played Yu-Gi-Oh! competitively since around 2014, I was having a really hard time keeping up with the insane combos in this game, but the Eldlich deck is so good and so beginner friendly that it carried me to Platinum off a 5 win streak. I got it from this YouTube video by Solemn YuGiOh. (It's the one at the end, the main focus of the video is a lower budget version of the same deck) 

b4yLGe9.jpgrjeIke6.jpg

Thanks for sharing. This flung me from Gold IV to plat on a good 5 to 6 win streak. Really oppressive deck where some people surrendered once they realized the core loop of the deck. It pretty much plays itself too!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EdgeHosenkan said:

Question i just need the 100 atk trophy but my english sucks,  is attack 100 time with monster or attack 100 monster ?

Can't say my English is any better but my understanding is that you attack 100 monsters which was what I did, direct attack won't count towards this trophy.

• Like 1