Platinum Rank

Aznjesus990

6 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

Thanks a lot for this ? This deck works brilliantly for me. Took me all the way from Bronze 3(?) to Gold 3 with just a single loss, and even that was only due to a really bad starting hand. There were quite a few tense matches against really powerful decks but I managed to emerge victorious every time. It's funny how most decks completely fall apart once you slap them with a Skill Drain. That card on its own turns around so many games. I don't understand why it doesn't negate Eldlich's invincibility effect when he comes out of the GY, though that falls perfectly in line with the strategy so I'm not complaining. I still have to learn how to get the most out of Maxx C and somehow I've never used Vampire Sucker, but I'll get there eventually.

I would suggest writing down the deck list as some of the cards are hard to make out on the screenshot:

Monsters (9):

• 3x Maxx "C" (UR)
  • 3x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring (UR)
  • 3x Eldlich the Golden Lord (UR)

Spells (15):

• 2x Foolish Burial Goods (SR)
  • 3x Pot of Extravagance (SR)
  • 2x Lightning Storm (UR)
  • 1x Eldlixir of Black Awakening (SR)
  • 2x Pot of Prosperity (SR)
  • 2x Cursed Eldland (SR)
  • 2x Called by the Grave (UR)
  • 1x Eldlixir of White Destiny (R)

Traps (16):

• 3x Torrential Tribute (R)
  • 3x Eldlixir of Scarlet Sanguine (SR)
  • 1x Solemn Judgment (UR)
  • 1x Golden Land Forever (SR)
  • 3x Skill Drain (SR)
  • 2x Huaquero of the Golden Land (R)
  • 3x Conquistador of the Golden Land (R)

Extra Deck (15):

• 13 random cards
  • 2x Vampire Sucker (SR)

If I had to suggest an improvement I would add another Golden Land Forever or Solemn Judgment, though I'm not sure what I would throw out in exchange. And of course there's an added cost tied to that.

Speaking of cost, this deck might weigh a bit heavy on your rescources when you're just starting out. For anyone new to the game I strongly suggest following the advice in this video before you do anything:

However even if you play by the video, building this deck might be a bit of a challenge due to the 11 URs you need to track down. My advice would be to first build the light version shown in the video @Flipendo52 posted. It's incredibly good value for the gems and will easily take you to the Bronze Ranks. By the time you're there you'll have earned many more gems to spend on packs and Dismantle/Craft your way to the upgraded version of the deck. This approach has taken me all the way to Gold 3 without spending a single real penny and there's not even any signs of trouble ahead. Plus, I have over 10,000 gems banked just in case. Honestly, just do what these videos say and it's a complete no-brainer. The deck takes some time to learn and get used to but if you keep at it you'll learn to utilize its power in no time.

Thanks for the write up!

Responses to some of your points:

• I think maybe Skill Drain doesn't affect Eldlich the Golden Lord because the effect is activating before the card hits the field. Not 100% sure though. 

• Vampire Sucker in the extra deck is a very situational card and not really needed at all if you're on a budget, I just added it from the suggestion of the video. If you have the budget however it's worth adding a 3rd because then you have a higher chance of having one if you need it after you banish for Pot of Extravagance or maybe Pot of Prosperity.

• If you have the budget for it, add 3x Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max and 3x Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Juggernaut Liebe. I only had two of them in the picture I showed but since then I've added 2 more of each. The 3x is for the same reason as Vampire Sucker, so you have greater chance of still having access to them after banishing cards for the Pot cards. The Superdreadnought cards add some very helpful OTK potential to the deck because you can summon Gustav Max by overlaying 2x Eldlich the Golden Lords then detach 1 to deal 2000 damage, then overlay Juggernaut Liebe using its effect and detach a material from that to raise its attack to 6000. I have won quite a few duels this way.

Edited by Flipendo52
  • Like 2

Platinum rank was super easy to get to since I've been playing competitively in TCG for about two years now. I got to Plat 1 last night with Dragonmaid. Usually when I get Sheou out the opponent surrenders lol... Here's the decklist I used and I explain what each card does with combos if anyone is interested!

He have no secret, suggest on the deck listed 

Tier 1 : 

Tri-Brigade Zoodiac 

Lyrilusc Tribrigade

Drytron

Virtual World VFD 

TIer 1,5 : 

Dragon Link

Sky striker ( harder to play ) 

Eldlich Trap 

Tier 2 : 

Dogma Invoked 

Prank Kidd

Pure Zoodiac

Thunder Dragon 

Salamangreat 

@Ignister

Talker 

Altergeist ( hard to play ) 

There is the best deck of the format, For tournament actually in the game 90% is win by Tribrigade Zoodiac 

I suggest play Thunder Dragon or Prank Kidd cause you dont need to have brain for play this lmao but Sky striker and altergeist is insane hopefully player of this game is just bad.

For exemple i get my first loose when im platinium 1 and go to play Burn deck for the 100k Damage 

If you see vidéo say play blue eyes or other dont liten this is just à shit, sélect 1 deck of my list and just look vidéo for know combos, if you are English look Teamsamuraix1 for know basic combos or for french player look GabrielS on YouTube ( there is the 2019 European champion ) 

Yugi have very toxic community and love say shit for take a problem to New player 

I hit platinum tonight with Eldlich, I tried to use tri-brigade zoodiac, it is definitely really good but as a casual player of yugioh I found it super hard to play well with it, went 3 W 2 L at gold 5 with it. I then switched to Eldlich and won 5 in a row to hit plat, it is much easier to play if you aren't familiar with huge combo plays and also doesn't cost as much to craft the cards so I would definitely recommend Eldlich to anyone who isn't a competitive player or just if you haven't played in a while.

• Like 2

Just wanted to give a quick update that I managed to reach the highest rank (Platinum 1) with the deck mentioned above. Skill Drain is an absolute game breaker. If you manage to activate it early and keep it safe you'll win the upper hand very quickly. I did not summon anything from my extra deck even once. As an improvement I would remove one Pot of Extravagance and add another Pot of Prosperity to raise the odds of getting Skill Drain early. I have to add however that I had to disable cross-platform play as that made winning a whole lot easier. Players on other platforms seem to be stronger in general. The menu to disable cross-platform play is kind of hidden away: You have to press the Options button in the main menu and open the Game Settings to find it.

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 2

Last time I played Yu-Gi-Oh was in 2005 (guess it is called GOAT now) so I am super confused. I did build the full Eldlich deck and having success now though I am still learning how to use the deck as I am definitely not maximizing its potential yet.

One question though. I crafted one of the Superdreadnought cards (after already crafting one already) and when you do make a SR or UR card you are supposed to get a free pack but I didn't. Is it because I already had the pack unlocked?

Edited by lordzeze

15 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Last time I played Yu-Gi-Oh was in 2005 (guess it is called GOAT now) so I am super confused. I did build the full Eldlich deck and having success now though I am still learning how to use the deck as I am definitely not maximizing its potential yet.

One question though. I crafted one of the Superdreadnought cards (after already crafting one already) and when you do make a SR or UR card you are supposed to get a free pack but I didn't. Is it because I already had the pack unlocked?

Yeah, if the pack is already unlocked you don't get the free pack.

I'm in Gold 5 now and the only problem I am facing, and this is because there is no region based matchmaking, is that I am coming across a lot of Japanese players and they seem to win more often than not even when I am using the Eldlich deck. Against non-Japanese players my win % is above 90% but against Japanese players it is around 25%.

Also anyone else fed up against the decks where they spend forever doing endless combos? I just get tired and surrender. It is so boring.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

Had a 4 win streak at Gold IV and then had 2 straight losses. Guess I have to get to plat the long way now.

A 5 win streak at Gold III is also gonna send you straight to Plat V and I assume it's probably the same at Gold II. So you still have your chance of saving a few duels.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maneater2016 said:

A 5 win streak at Gold III is also gonna send you straight to Plat V and I assume it's probably the same at Gold II. So you still have your chance of saving a few duels.

I'm getting so unlucky with my matchups today. Just faced an Exodia deck and he went first and was able to draw his whole deck on his first turn and won. Literally nothing I could have done.

2 hours ago, ferginator88 said:

I guess I better start building an Exodia deck, lol

Lol, the whole deck relied on him being able to go first. If he had gone second, it would have been an easy win for me.

Anyways, had two more 4 win streaks but could not get the 5th win either time. Stuck in Gold 2 tonight because now for every loss you need to get an extra win to make progress to the next rank. Coming across a lot of Eldlich decks now. Everyone is trying to get to plat before the season ends on Monday. Might be easier to get to plat next season now.

Edited by lordzeze

15 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Lol, the whole deck relied on him being able to go first. If he had gone second, it would have been an easy win for me.

Anyways, had two more 4 win streaks but could not get the 5th win either time. Stuck in Gold 2 tonight because now for every loss you need to get an extra win to make progress to the next rank. Coming across a lot of Eldlich decks now. Everyone is trying to get to plat before the season ends on Monday. Might be easier to get to plat next season now.

The ranks will most likely be reset at the end of this season. In that case, you'd be playing against many of those who are at Plat right now at the beginning of next season. Most good players or players with good decks have made it to Plat already at the moment. If I were you, I'd definitely try improving my deck and fighting my way to Plat within the remaining 2 days. You're not so far away after all. Anyway, good luck.

I just got to Platinum yesterday by using deck that i think quite budget friendly deck Gouki , i insert what i can make from free gem (with have saving around 8000 gems for Phoenix Enforcer released < this one is busted, when it released and if you still dont get platinum , i strongly recommend try to go for it) , I open theme Gouki pack around 8x10 pack to get me start

I think it is easier to learn for return user and fun to play as it is aggresive deck with decent combo to pull that let you win in Turn 2 if it go through using Gouki finishing move with Link monster that attack multiple time.

Surprisingly, when i use this deck, it seems not many one know what is going on and what combo is it so they waste their interruption card on wrong card.

FKVS4LTVQAEWyyV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by FielVeredus

12 hours ago, maneater2016 said:

The ranks will most likely be reset at the end of this season. In that case, you'd be playing against many of those who are at Plat right now at the beginning of next season. Most good players or players with good decks have made it to Plat already at the moment. If I were you, I'd definitely try improving my deck and fighting my way to Plat within the remaining 2 days. You're not so far away after all. Anyway, good luck.

Did one final try tonight and finally made it. I first went on a 4 win streak from Gold 2 to Gold 1 and only had to get 1 more win to get to Plat but I lost of course (4th time I had a 4 win streak then loss the 5th in Gold), but I was able to win the next 2 and get to the elusive (at least for me lol) Plat rank. 

2 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

I just got to Platinum yesterday by using deck that i think quite budget friendly deck Gouki , i insert what i can make from free gem (with have saving around 8000 gems for Phoenix Enforcer released < this one is busted, when it released and if you still dont get platinum , i strongly recommend try to go for it) , I open theme Gouki pack around 8 pack to get me start

I think it is easier to learn for return user and fun to play as it is aggresive deck with decent combo to pull that let you win in Turn 2 if it go through using Gouki finishing move with Link monster that attack multiple time.

Surprisingly, when i use this deck, it seems not many one know what is going on and what combo is it so they waste their interruption card on wrong card.

FKVS4LTVQAEWyyV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I might try this deck for fun. It seems like it could be enjoyable to use.