Don't Starve Wiki

This is a link to the Don't Starve Wiki... and pretty much a trophy guide as well for those looking at getting all characters etc.

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters

Even tho the accomploshire is not written about in the wiki you can look at my tip on the accomploshire trophy

Thanks for the info my question is: i saw that each character need to survive a certain number of days, so let's say character X needs you to survive 20 days, they need to be in one go? or if you survive 10 days then die then start again from day 1 till 10 and then die again (aka 10 +10 =20) will still unlock the character/s? cheers and thanks in advance

Thanks for the info my question is: i saw that each character need to survive a certain number of days, so let's say character X needs you to survive 20 days, they need to be in one go? or if you survive 10 days then die then start again from day 1 till 10 and then die again (aka 10 +10 =20) will still unlock the character/s? cheers and thanks in advance

think of it as XP based... they unlock depending on what level you are... what level you are is based on days accumulated... so if you survive 5 days each time you play for 5 times of playing you will accumulate 25 days and it will equate to XP and characters will unlock as you gain more XP...

i hope that makes sense, lol

• Like 1

You can die and still get xp towards characters so even if youre really bad at the game you can unlock all characters in survival. You need a total of 80 days or 1600 xp. The adventure characters might be harder. Also the starting character has no negative points so its easier to just use him

• Like 1

think of it as XP based... they unlock depending on what level you are... what level you are is based on days accumulated... so if you survive 5 days each time you play for 5 times of playing you will accumulate 25 days and it will equate to XP and characters will unlock as you gain more XP...

i hope that makes sense, lol

You can die and still get xp towards characters so even if youre really bad at the game you can unlock all characters in survival. You need a total of 80 days or 1600 xp. The adventure characters might be harder. Also the starting character has no negative points so its easier to just use him

i get it know thanks for your quick anwsers, i got a ps4 but didnt had time to play it yet due to lot of work but i will start soon i hope once again i apreciated guys cheers

i get it know thanks for your quick anwsers, i got a ps4 but didnt had time to play it yet due to lot of work but i will start soon i hope once again i apreciated guys cheers

No worries, you can also cheat a bit by changing the settings like have no night or winter cycles, make resources plentiful, or you can make it harder by having long nights/winter etc

all but two characters... i think one is unlocked when you find him and one is unlocked when you "finish" adventure mode (don't even know what that means but its on the Wiki)

all but two characters... i think one is unlocked when you find him and one is unlocked when you "finish" adventure mode (don't even know what that means but its on the Wiki)

Wes is VERY rare i have spent the whole day just searching for him but sadly he has a 2% spawn chance when playing adventure mode

And maxwell will be unlocked when completing adventure mode wich is of course by finding the maxwell door in the dark wood biom, you need to escape 5 randomly generated worlds all with different bioms, night cycles and mobs. I got to the third and died :( the pressure got to big ( the difficulty on adventure mode is like killzone 2 delta difficulty)

Edited by itzzh3lixx

Wes is VERY rare i have spent the whole day just searching for him but sadly he has a 2% spawn chance when playing adventure mode

And maxwell will be unlocked when completing adventure mode wich is of course by finding the maxwell door in the dark wood biom, you need to escape 5 randomly generated worlds all with different bioms, night cycles and mobs. I got to the third and died :( the pressure got to big ( the difficulty on adventure mode is like killzone 2 delta difficulty)

I did say the adventure characters would be harder ;)

So... what is "Adventure mode"?  is it just playing the game?  and does changing the settings disable XP and other stuff?

So... what is "Adventure mode"?  is it just playing the game?  and does changing the settings disable XP and other stuff?

While you are playing sandbox mode you can find a portal in the dark wood biom, it is always located close to the wooden thing. If you enter the portal you can enter adventure mode, if you die in there it will spawn you back in sandbox mode with all the things and day count you had on you before entering the portal. And you will not gain any exp for the days you have survived in adventure. And be prepared to die cause you will be doing that ALOT. The monsters are twice as deadly and twice as many, if you write in adventure in the don't starve wiki you will get details on all the 5 different chapters (worlds) you will be going through to find maxwell

While you are playing sandbox mode you can find a portal in the dark wood biom, it is always located close to the wooden thing. If you enter the portal you can enter adventure mode, if you die in there it will spawn you back in sandbox mode with all the things and day count you had on you before entering the portal. And you will not gain any exp for the days you have survived in adventure. And be prepared to die cause you will be doing that ALOT. The monsters are twice as deadly and twice as many, if you write in adventure in the don't starve wiki you will get details on all the 5 different chapters (worlds) you will be going through to find maxwell

wow... sounds impossible, lol...

something to shoot for i guess!

wow... sounds impossible, lol...

something to shoot for i guess!

To make things easier use WX78 or Woody

Woody got an infinite axe which will greatly help you trough the night without the need to find flint

WX78 gets an upgrade for every gear he eats, and trust me you will find alot of gears, so basiclly you can make your character a god who has no need for food or light cause of his high level sanity, health and hunger

• Like 1

Disables nothing. Im shooting for 80 days straight like that

I just started a custom game yesterday after work... Seems a lot easier with shorter nights on infinite summer, lol... So far i have only made it to day 10 because i didn't have a lot of time to play but i bet i could last a whole lot longer this time because i won't freeze to death in the winter, lol... Im gonna shoot for the two gold trophies and last two unlock-able characters with this file...

Thanks for the reply dood!

To make things easier use WX78 or Woody

Woody got an infinite axe which will greatly help you trough the night without the need to find flint

WX78 gets an upgrade for every gear he eats, and trust me you will find alot of gears, so basiclly you can make your character a god who has no need for food or light cause of his high level sanity, health and hunger

wow, i would LOVE an infinite axe! that would be great but being able to upgrade myself would prove itself useful as well... not having a need for food would be great!  I have never found any gears though... i heard you can find them in graves (is that true?)... i ran across a clockwork enemy that shot me with a laser and i ran for my life... i figured they would drop them as well.

anyway... thanks for the fun conversation about my new addiction, lol

I just started a custom game yesterday after work... Seems a lot easier with shorter nights on infinite summer, lol... So far i have only made it to day 10 because i didn't have a lot of time to play but i bet i could last a whole lot longer this time because i won't freeze to death in the winter, lol... Im gonna shoot for the two gold trophies and last two unlock-able characters with this file...

Thanks for the reply dood!

wow, i would LOVE an infinite axe! that would be great but being able to upgrade myself would prove itself useful as well... not having a need for food would be great!  I have never found any gears though... i heard you can find them in graves (is that true?)... i ran across a clockwork enemy that shot me with a laser and i ran for my life... i figured they would drop them as well.

anyway... thanks for the fun conversation about my new addiction, lol

The clockwerk temple is usually in the south east corner of the map and guarded by a field of red bee hives, a clockwerk guardian can drop 1-3 gears, and you need to make log armor or marble armor to be able to survive, or else 4 hits will probably kill you. In the clockwerk temple you find the wooden thing which if you have the strange items can give you your experience for all the days you have survived without the need of you having to die, it also let's you choose another character.

I played this game way too much on the PC :3

• Like 1