Anyone still going for Monster Hunter trophy?

GvhvPS

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone is still trying to go for Monster Hunter trophy besides me? :D

I'm heading into Fazeers like every other day and must be at about 200h playtime.

Just curious wether the trophy got bugged on the way and I will never be able to get it...

In current patch (which will be the last patch since the game was abandoned months ago) two people have earned Monster Hunter. Which means that you're good to go.

I personally stopped going for it. It's a tedious waste of time which feels like a tedious waste of time and made me question my life choices. But hey enjoy the UR if you can force yourself through it

• Like 2

I got it doing solo all the way, must have taken me 300 hours or more ?

I think the grind alone was well over 200 hours.

I did it by running Fazeer's Dungeons 60-63 over and over again.

Those dungeons have enemies that divide when killed. I also tried to get goblin maps (lots of enemies and easy to kill) and

Gauntlet setting (enemies respawn).

Unfortunately Fazeer levels tend to lag and crash the more you play them, so I played 1-2 hours at a time. Then I would close the game and start again. And once or twice a day I would upload my save to the cloud.

If the game crashes at Fazeer's Dungeon, there's a chance that your save gets corrupted and you lose all your character progress. Happened to me once, luckily I had a back-up save in cloud.

Also avoid cave levels, they can crash even after 10 minutes.

I used Dusk Mage character and maxed out my Absolver skill, and got the best equipment possible that boosts that skill.

It has a wide spread, goes through enemies like butter and kills even bosses in 2-3 hits.

I think I got 4000-7000 kills per hour when in a good dungeon that way.

I also put only healing skill on pet, since other skills tend to increase lag.

And when on those levels, never open menu or map, framerate goes to awful after that.

I never reset instances, so not sure what happens when that is done.

So in short:

1. Play Fazeer's boss level 64 until you get a map in levels 60-63 that contain goblins, is Gauntlet and is preferably not a cave or that outside map (less enemies and crashes often).

2. Upload your save frequently.

3. Do not open map or menu in those levels.

4. Get a character and skill that deals the most damage to as many enemies as possible.

5. Stay in one dungeon 1-2 hours at a time, the lag and crashes increase a lot after that.

6. Be patient! It will pop ?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi to all,

just got platinum.

while I played all characters I was lucky to farm all sets.

Then I was enjoying Fazeer challenges till level 40.

After that I was grinding and grinding and grinding and grinding only 1 type of challenge - n. 13  Chittering Pit for level 58 on Radiculous difficulty - no pet here but respawn of mobs. Very small map and boring but it works good to estimate time and kills here. i was here about 40-50 mins and then restart game coz game crash many times. Dnt forget upload your saves to online/usb so you are able repair back damaged save after  game crash.

Total time in Chittering Pit about 9.300 minutes ( time in pit is displayed on one of the cloverleaf and I counted this time to my own note)

Because there is no drops only Gold coins my finding is that I acumulated about 800.000 gold here ( no items so nothing to sell except scrolls) so idea is if you dnt sell anything should be your gold wallet as monster counter.

Good luck

Edited by HikedayaDark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my platinum. I have to say that I spent 102 hours after getting the Millionaire trophy. You can use the PS5 hour counter or exophase to show you how many hours you have played. Whenever I was in the game I was playing, whenever I needed to leave I closed the game. So I believe that may be accurate.

I used the tips from above, Fazeer's Dungeons 60-63, Goblins and Gauntlet.
My class was Cursed Captain with the Plunderbuss build.

It is extremely tiring...
but it is possible.

Edited by WillGrah

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, MercureUnleashed said:

Anyway, the official Discord of the game has closed few days ago, wouldn't be surprized if they close the game servers soon

Should have play full solo, the game is kinda unplayable online since months

Dang seriously? 

I just bought this on sale last month. Does the game require permanent connection or can the plat be obtained fully offline? 

• 5 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 2:57 PM, GvhvPS said:

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone is still trying to go for Monster Hunter trophy besides me? :D

I'm heading into Fazeers like every other day and must be at about 200h playtime.

Just curious wether the trophy got bugged on the way and I will never be able to get it...

I see you get the trophy.. did you get this in solo?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quick question:

What did you guys do if the game is having frame drop or the game is so lag? especially in Fazeer's Dungeons 60-63, Goblins and Gauntlet.

Did you go to the boss then leave the dungeon then character select and exit to title? or just pressing the ps button and exit the game?